Audio GD Reference 5 coming soon
May 1, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #91 of 482
More info at the DAC19 page:
" A dual stages parallel connection cascode FET 0DB output buffers for RCA output. The ACSS and output buffers both are Zero feedback circuits. The DAC-19 supporting ACSS output, can connect to Audio-gd ACSS input amp like C-2 headphone amp and CIA-400 power amp. The DAC-19 uses DC servo circuits to keep the output offset at zero, so there are no coupling caps in the analogy signal path."

The ref5 is essentially a balanced DAC19

May 1, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #92 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigzStudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have experience listening to other dacs with this PCM1704U-K?

The PCM1704U-K along with the TDA 1541 double crown are regards by some as the world best chips.

See the DAC 19 C2 review there is technicals detail at the beginning that is very interesting.

May 1, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #93 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by realmassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It makes absolutely sense. What I like of the LEs is that they come with a 4-pin connector cable and I don't have to spend big money for an aftermarket cable.

I am sounding like a stuck record now but....Mogami cable with a Neutrik 4-pin XLR, and soldered directly to the HD650 pins inside the grills cost about $15. Or just reterminate the stock cord. I hear no real difference between cables and the HD650 balanced sounds awesome.

May 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #94 of 482
For all the people that ordered the Ref 5 did you go with the DSP-1 version? or the DF version?

I am wondering since I already have a pretty good transport/source that will be feeding the Ref 5, do I really need the DSP1?

From Kingwa's explanation he said that the DSP1 completely removes jitter or makes it near zero if you have a massmarket transport (or lower quality transport).

May 2, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #95 of 482
I went for the DSP version, as I'm using a low end transport :frowning2:
I know that jitter near zero is impossible and I know that jitter is not the only problem, but I hope my TEAC WAP will sound as close as possible to my CD player!

May 2, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #96 of 482
DSP
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #97 of 482
DSP also. In fact it is in customs right now at San Francisco. Hurry Up!!!!!!!!

May 3, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #98 of 482
Dang looks like I may go without dsp just to be different (and it saves me some $$). Im pretty confident in my nicer transport.

May 3, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #102 of 482
Yes it is now out of customs in San Francisco as of 6:00 PM last night. Any day now for sure. Can't wait!!!!!!! LOL

May 4, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #103 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it is now out of customs in San Francisco as of 6:00 PM last night. Any day now for sure. Can't wait!!!!!!! LOL

Very nice, keep us posted. I'm as excited as you are
wink.gif

Still thinking about the ref 5 DF vs DSP. Difficult decision no doubt. I would have gone for the DSP straight but i'm getting their pre as well so everything's gonna cost me alot
frown.gif

May 4, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #104 of 482
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree!
I did hear a very significant increase in terms of SQ when I upgraded from my computer motherboard S/PDIF output to the hiface USB to BNC converter.
Kingwa should come out with some sort of computer transport or USB to S/PDIF converter because CDs are not going to last forever and a lot of people that I know of use computer audio nowadays.

yea you just pinpointed my sentiments exactly, igave up trying to find the perfect dac with good usb, and plan on using a hiface bnc ---> dac..

it appears u can order the FuN with a BNC input instead of the usb, and oh how i wish this was possible on the dac 19 dsp???????????

good call

Users who are viewing this thread

Back