Audio-gd R2R 11
Oct 17, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #47 of 776
I don't know about the small components, but the big ones tend to sound their best after they've been left on for a few hours in my experience.

I know a lot of folks leave their DACs on 24/7,but this unit has an amp too,so what is the advised way to use it?

Im surely not going to turn it on and wait for two hours....and dont know how wise it is to leave it powered up all the time...

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #48 of 776
A couple of hours should suffice. I wouldn't leave it on 24/7! It gets warm.

Oct 17, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #49 of 776
A couple of hours should suffice. I wouldn't leave it on 24/7! It gets warm.
Well, I leave it on 24/7 since my last post. It should be more than 70 hrs by now and it gets hot but just bearable to touch with bear hands. Is it bad to be that hot?

Oct 17, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #50 of 776
It will shorten the life of some components.

Oct 17, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #51 of 776
Can anyone provide impressions of the DAC section vs. Chord Mojo?

Oct 17, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #52 of 776
Oct 17, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #53 of 776
Went ahead and emailed AGD. How long does it take for them to respond,time to receive item and what payment methods do they take?

Looking forward to hearing it,and looking forward to @JoeDoe impressions of the R2R 2/C2 combo...

Oct 17, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #55 of 776
Can anyone provide impressions of the DAC section vs. Chord Mojo?

Granted it's been a little while since I had a mojo, I'll try to chime in. The Mojo is no slouch, especially given its price tag, but I found it have a little bit of digital sheen up top. Not sure I have the vocabulary to explain what I mean, but to me it just did not sound as authentic or natural, especially with metallic things like cymbals. And I also agree with the general impression that the extension on the low-end is far from the best around. To my ears the AGD unit presents a much more natural treble range. I don't know if I go so far as to say they are night and day different animals, but to these ears, the AGD sounds more right and a bit more cohesive from top to bottom.

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #57 of 776
Do you mean through the optical/coaxial output of your TV or the analog output of your TV.

KingWa states that a TV or console may not have enough signal for the DACs input, I could give it a try with a PS3 when I have time.

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #58 of 776
I'm sorry i didn't able to put more info..

This is what i have with my digital setup on my Stereo.. Android TV box (USB to) > Maverick Audio D2 > Tube Preamp > Power Amp..
I'm wondering if possible i could use the R2R.11 with this confirguration. Not complicated but i'm not sure enough with the design and capability of R2R..

Hope someone can try this and inform me. :)

Do you mean through the optical/coaxial output of your TV or the analog output of your TV.

KingWa states that a TV or console may not have enough signal for the DACs input, I could give it a try with a PS3 when I have time.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #59 of 776
Works flawlessly with PS3/4. This thing has enough power and gain so I thin it should be okay with most weaker sources as well.

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #60 of 776
Do you think it would work with this configuration?

Android TV box (USB to) > Maverick Audio D2 > Tube Preamp > Power Amp..

I used this config with my Maverick Audio D2 flawlessly. I hope i could be able to do this with R2R.11. :D
My Android TV box has External HD for music. Using the phone to navigate files so it would be nice if i would be able to use the R2R with this config.
I'm talking to Kingwa right now to finish the order. :D

Works flawlessly with PS3/4. This thing has enough power and gain so I thin it should be okay with most weaker sources as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back