Audio Gd Precision 3 - Impressions Thread
Mar 10, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #16 of 51
Can any of the owners talk more about the sound quality, maybe in comparison to other amps? Does the ACSS make an audible difference? Did you guys find the neutrality to be a match for other audio gd gear?

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #17 of 51
Can any of the owners talk more about the sound quality, maybe in comparison to other amps? Does the ACSS make an audible difference? Did you guys find the neutrality to be a match for other audio gd gear?

Compared to Nuprime STA-9s, Precision 3s are more on the neutral side, and have better bass extension. I use them only with ACSS to get bi amping and bridge. Nuprime STA-9s are more on the warm side at low level but start to being bright at high volume. Soundstage is similar on both but P3 has better imaging.

In a word, the Precision 3 sounds better BUT: This is definitely NOT a 200W (mono) amp. Far less powerful than Nuprime. For easy to drive speakers, a P3 alone will be fine, but even with a pair, you will need more power to drive hungry floorstandings.

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #18 of 51
Thanks for sharing :). Other than the Sta-9, did you have a chance to compare the P3 to anything else? Other than the lack of power, did you feel there were any other negatives?

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #19 of 51
Other than the Sta-9, did you have a chance to compare the P3 to anything else?

Side by side, to my Peachtree Nova 300. P3 is more on the neutral side with better imaging but again, the lack of power for my use make the Nova 300 win

Other than the lack of power, did you feel there were any other negatives?

Nope.

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #20 of 51
Which MA you have?

As far I'm concerned, I returned my Precision 3s bescause they weren't enough powerful to drive my MA Silver 10 (both bi-amp or Bridge...) at high level of volume... Regardless how good they sounded.

Precision 3 - 70W @ 8ohm (speakers)

Your Monitor Audio Silver 10 - Nominal impedance: 4 ohm

It was a mismatch for you to begin with, sadly. That Kingwa doesn't state the 4ohm output means that he didn't design it to drive those loads. What you need is the Master 3 -
250W @ 8ohm
500W @ 4ohm
1000W @ 2ohm

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #22 of 51
Jun 9, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #24 of 51
I'm also getting close to buying a pair of them, and running them as a pair of mono blocks – though I may just settle for one for the time being. I suspect, @phandrew, that one should be just enough to sufficiently power the 906s, as they're fairly efficient (I used to own a pair myself). If you do order one, please let us know how well it worked with the Focals!

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #26 of 51
I have actually bought the KEF LS50 speakers instead of the 906. Got them for such a good price I couldn't say no to them and I preferred the LS50 sound to the 906.

Love the LS50's out of my Precision 1 with a SVS sub to add a little ooooomph :L3000:

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #30 of 51
How old are your amps? I was looking to buying one

They are about 5 months old. The good news is audio-gd has come through again! After a couple of emails describing the problem, they will ship me 2 new replacement units. Their customer service is top notch as always. I have quite a few items from them and this is the 1st time I encounter a problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back