Audio Gd Precision 3 - Impressions Thread
Oct 24, 2017 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Babulilm

Head-Fier
My applogies in advance if this is the wrong forum to start this thread.

I can't find much info on the new audio gd precision 3 power amplifier here on head fi so I've started this thread to help others like me who would love some info on this from people who have tried it.

Personally I'm looking to pair it with an nfb 29.38 to power Piega Classis 5 floorstanders.

Any experience of pairing the precision 3 with the nfb 29.38 will be highly apprecaited.

Best Wishes

Dan

Dec 28, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 51
My applogies in advance if this is the wrong forum to start this thread.

I can't find much info on the new audio gd precision 3 power amplifier here on head fi so I've started this thread to help others like me who would love some info on this from people who have tried it.

Personally I'm looking to pair it with an nfb 29.38 to power Piega Classis 5 floorstanders.

Any experience of pairing the precision 3 with the nfb 29.38 will be highly apprecaited.

Best Wishes

Dan

Just ordered a pair of Precision 3 and one NFB 29.28 to drive both (bi-amp, ACSS). Delivery planned tomorrow.

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #8 of 51
since yesterday I inserted the Precision 3 to drive my Harbeth HL P3 ES-2. the headphone / dac amplifier NFB 28.38 (Preamplifier) is really excellent, the Precision 3 makes the little English sing wonderfully ...
Good music

Attachments

• sistemino.JPG
    sistemino.JPG
    303 KB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #11 of 51
Any update for this? I'm interested in combine this power amp with my Monitor Audio speakers but there is so little info available about the P3 that I can't have an idea on how this match would work.

Feb 27, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #12 of 51
Any update for this? I'm interested in combine this power amp with my Monitor Audio speakers but there is so little info available about the P3 that I can't have an idea on how this match would work.

Which MA you have?

As far I'm concerned, I returned my Precision 3s bescause they weren't enough powerful to drive my MA Silver 10 (both bi-amp or Bridge...) at high level of volume... Regardless how good they sounded.

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #13 of 51
Which MA you have?

As far I'm concerned, I returned my Precision 3s bescause they weren't enough powerful to drive my MA Silver 10 (both bi-amp or Bridge...) at high level of volume... Regardless how good they sounded.

I have the Bronze 2 in a small room (approx 11 square mts) so I don't need too much power. My only concerned about the sound quality matched with the R2R 11. I don't want thin sound in the mids or too much sparkle in the treble area for example.

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #15 of 51
I have the Bronze 2 in a small room (approx 11 square mts) so I don't need too much power. My only concerned about the sound quality matched with the R2R 11. I don't want thin sound in the mids or too much sparkle in the treble area for example.

Ok, a single P3 sould be fine for the Bronze 2. I didn't found the P3 to be harsh or bright. My only concern with these is the lack of power for bigger floorstandings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back