Audio-GD Panther power amp anyone?
Jun 11, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #122 of 187
Understood. It clarifies things and I feel better now!
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #123 of 187
I think people aren't used to small Chinese companies that don't just try and push as many units out the door as possible. It's certainly weird for me.

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #125 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just glad audio-gd is designing audio gear and not explosives.

Yeah, imagine, a 1000 hours of burn-in before it would actually explode.
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #126 of 187
In Fact, Cherry's answer is that Panther production is definitly stopped because they only sell 10 pcs last month.

So, S1 for me.
Have you ever read review about this one?

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #127 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Fact, Cherry's answer is that Panther production is definitly stopped because they only sell 10 pcs last month.

So, S1 for me.
Have you ever read review about this one?

Eric from France has posted his impressions over at the Audio-GD website. Have a look: н¨ÍøÒ³ 1
However, if you have a preamp like the Compass, I recommend that you go for the Panther instead. It is not an integrated amp but it has better SQ according to Kingwa.

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #128 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, that's what I heard too. Seems a bit of a rash decision, to cancel before any first impressions have been reported. Oh well, Kingwa moves quick, as usual...

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #130 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eric from France has posted his impressions over at the Audio-GD website. Have a look: н¨ÍøÒ³ 1
However, if you have a preamp like the Compass, I recommend that you go for the Panther instead. It is not an integrated amp but it has better SQ according to Kingwa.

Thanks for the link. I've already seen this review.

Something strange is that Cherry wrote me that S1 should be better than Panther.
confused.gif

Anyway, I do not have the choice isn't it?

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #131 of 187
I suggest you you ask the question directly to Kingwa because I think we are being badly informed.

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #133 of 187
It's not surprising to me that the Panther didn't sell well. There is a few solid state integrated amplifiers (from Chinese manufacturers) that would be better choices in the $400 - $500 price range. Dussun and Jungson come to my mind quickly.

Just do your own research, instead of believing in the hype. Oh, here comes the Audio-gd fanboys in 3-2-1.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back