Audio-gd NFB-29 (Single Ended Master Race lol)
Sep 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #31 of 137

I actually got a response from kingwa about the differences and he basically said the 28 will sound like a balanced amp and the 29 will not... from my experience with balanced setups if you gain a little bit in sound stage/dynamics with some circuits and with some others the difference is nonexistent... though he again stated that I should get the 28 if I go balanced because the 28 in single ended mode will sound worse then the 29, and the 28 balanced vs the 29 single ended will be close, but the 28 will sound a little better. SO go for the one that fits what you want to do. I don't intend on re-terminating all my cans so the 29 was my first choice.

Interesting, thanks.  Leaning toward the 29 a bit more now... 

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #32 of 137
  What about Objective ways? 
tongue.gif

I just received my replacement 560's and it's about time for me to pull the trigger on the NFB 29 but I'm considering the NFB 28 also. Not sure which one to get. I think either one will suite my needs fine. I'll be using it in the bedroom with a laptop, where I do most of my critical/relaxing listening in bed in the morning and at night. The NFB 11 is staying in the computer room.

Which one would you recommend?

havent heard the 560, but with my he500, a balance set up really brings it to another level :)

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #33 of 137
Updated the 1st post with my review... I checked the AudioGD shipping schedule and there are a few more NFD29's out there now, so more reviews should come out if people find this thread.

Sep 21, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #35 of 137
Nice review! Sounds like a winner... 

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #37 of 137
Yup I meant second... That's what happens when you drink and post lol

I really feel the nicer remote shouldn't be an option... Just raise the cost of all the units that have the capability of using a remote slightly and just give us the good remote! The stock remote is pretty bad... I'll probably hit up kingwa and order the upgraded one.

Oct 14, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #38 of 137
Looking into the Audio-Gd products as I am looking for a DAC and Amp for my Fostex TH-900's.

So the NFB-29 is Audio-Gd's top DAC/amp combo? That price tag is super attractive and I've heard great things about Audio-Gd products.

Would the NFB-29 allow connectivity to a pair of active studio monitor speakers? And how would they be connected?

Also going to look into Audio-Gd's other products as I might save up and buy the DAC and amp portions separately.

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #39 of 137
  Looking into the Audio-Gd products as I am looking for a DAC and Amp for my Fostex TH-900's.

So the NFB-29 is Audio-Gd's top DAC/amp combo? That price tag is super attractive and I've heard great things about Audio-Gd products.

Would the NFB-29 allow connectivity to a pair of active studio monitor speakers? And how would they be connected?

Also going to look into Audio-Gd's other products as I might save up and buy the DAC and amp portions separately.

nope the top dac/amp combo should be reference 10.32 of nfb27
yep, the nfb29 would allow conectivity to active speaker as it can be used as pre-amplifier

Oct 15, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #40 of 137

my NFB29 was very good with the TH-900 at the last meet I attended!

xxxfbsxxx answered the rest of your inquiry.

Oct 15, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #41 of 137
Honestly balanced isn't that big of a deal... It's all about implementation!

Good point, though technically balanced is better, in the sense that it utilizes Phase Cancellation which eliminates noise resulting in a better and cleaner sound. Ofc there are differances, a poor build quality with a balanced design will not always be "better."

But in a perfect world, with a top notch TOTL build a balanced amp will be better 

that said, I've found that my own Audio GD NFB10ES2 sounds best Balanced out, the SE out is kinda sub par ofc the Balanced out is really very very good! 

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #42 of 137
"holy moly" , thats the only thing i want to say now, I am listensing to my nfb-29 that arrived today. DAY AND NIGHT , IT IS DAY AND NIGHT. LOL, I think this is so called music. Not even burn in yet.                                                                  

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #43 of 137
  "holy moly" , thats the only thing i want to say now, I am listensing to my nfb-29 that arrived today. DAY AND NIGHT , IT IS DAY AND NIGHT. LOL, I think this is so called music. Not even burn in yet.                                                                  

#dathype lol

But anyways, its a great combo amp/DAC!

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #44 of 137

Your brand new little beast theorically has been burnt in at Audio-gd before shipping, so in fact you're already listening it with about 100 hours of "previous life". :wink:

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back