Audio-gd NFB-28
Jul 4, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #1,921 of 2,104
much thanks.

one more question.
Is there an Asio Control Panel where you can reduce the buffer and Streaming mode?

L.E

I found a regedit method, you go to

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\ASIO Combo384 Driver

Create a new Dword named "AudioBufferSize"

Modify the Dword and put any of these numbers for your preferences

40 = 64 buffer
80 = 128 buffer
100 = 256 buffer
200 = 512 buffer
400 = 1024 buffer

52365cb34ecd0a4f0f3a731b04ade9cf.png

KeEIUGX

Attachments

• OPPO-USB-Audio-Control-Panel.jpg
    OPPO-USB-Audio-Control-Panel.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #1,922 of 2,104
Ok, I'm sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I coudn't find it. I am having an issue when I use the USB input. When I'm listening to music off of my computer via USB, sometimes the volume control gets weird. I'll turn it up several clicks, and sometimes the volume dosen't go up at all, or only one or two clicks. Sometimes as i turn it up, the numbers will go up one or two, and then back down (all while I'm turning the knob up. This dosen't seem to happen on the optical, or coax, input, just USB. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #1,923 of 2,104
Maybe bit off topic, I am considering to buy Audio-GD NFB 29.28. I have Hifiman HE4xx, in future I may upgrade to LDC-2c. Is NFB 29 going to be a over kill? How NFB 29 is compared to Aune S6/ iFI iDSD Black Label?

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #1,924 of 2,104
Maybe bit off topic, I am considering to buy Audio-GD NFB 29.28. I have Hifiman HE4xx, in future I may upgrade to LDC-2c. Is NFB 29 going to be a over kill? How NFB 29 is compared to Aune S6/ iFI iDSD Black Label?

The 29.38 will have more power than you need, yes. But so does the Black Label. Don't buy it because of the watts it puts out, buy it because it is an amazingly clean, clear, neutral DAC/amp. I have the 28.38, the balanced version, but I imagine it's pretty similar to the 29.38. I find the BL to be a touch warmer and a bit more analogue sounding than the Audio-gd. That's a matter of preference as to whether that is a good or bad thing. For everything else, the Audio-gd is objectively better. In particular, the soundstage, imaging, separation, and imaging show drastic improvement switching to the Audio-gd. Everything sounds crisper (not brighter), clearer, and more life-like. I have the LCD-2F and a number of other planars, and the Audio-gd really excels with them. It actually makes the 2F sound like an open headphone! I've said before that the Black Label is the most versatile audio product on the market and the last thing I would get rid of, but in terms of sound quality, there really is no comparison. Also, don't discount going balanced. You can find balanced cables for nearly any headphone under a hundred bucks and the improvement, IMO, is well worth the investment. The 28.38 made a believer out of me!

Ok, I'm sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I coudn't find it. I am having an issue when I use the USB input. When I'm listening to music off of my computer via USB, sometimes the volume control gets weird. I'll turn it up several clicks, and sometimes the volume dosen't go up at all, or only one or two clicks. Sometimes as i turn it up, the numbers will go up one or two, and then back down (all while I'm turning the knob up. This dosen't seem to happen on the optical, or coax, input, just USB. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

I've never had that issue. Perhaps it's a software issue? If you are not already, I would use WASAPI or ASIO instead of relying on the standard windows drivers. On WASAPI, you will also want to use the event mode, rather than the push mode, so that the Audio-gd is controlling the timing instead of the computer (to put it simply). I don't know if that helps at all, but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #1,925 of 2,104
I am experiencing a hiss on the right channel when i try playing DSD512 files.
it goes: hiss, pause, hiss, pause, hiss pause.
i tried multiple apps and still the same problem, only on DSD512 though wich sucks cuz it sound better on that.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #1,926 of 2,104
Got my NFB 28.38 downloaded Amanero combo384 on laptop. So after I installed amanero do I need to open it and do anything? Have it hooked up now running spotify it works just not sure if I'm using amanero drivers I installed. Sorry new to all this.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #1,927 of 2,104
Got my NFB 28.38 downloaded Amanero combo384 on laptop. So after I installed amanero do I need to open it and do anything? Have it hooked up now running spotify it works just not sure if I'm using amanero drivers I installed. Sorry new to all this.
I have the NFB 11.38 and that is all I had to do . I had read of much more involved process, but this was prior to audio gd adopting the Amanero interface.

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #1,929 of 2,104
Thanks JSmiller for the reply was just wondering if I was running thought windows drivers or amanero drivers. Was using nfb with chromecast audio streaming from my phone with optical cable.
Michael - not sure about how optical changes things as I just connect with USB. I seem to recall that one of the advantages of optical was that you did not need to install drivers, but others on the forum can comment more knowledgeably than I can.

What you can do is right click on the speaker icon on lower right hand corner of the screen, select open sound settings, and at the top of the sound settings see what is listed as an output device. But, since you are using optical I am not sure what you will find (using USB I have as an option Digital Output (Amanero Technologies USB Driver 1.0.62), but only when the NFB is actually plugged in and turned on - doesn’t show up otherwise though the driver is installed)

Sep 1, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #1,932 of 2,104
Hello
I need you help guys
I well buy NFB-28 this month
Should I buy NFB-28.38 or better save the extra $130 and buy NFB-28.28 ??

I will connect it to my PC with Philips Fidelio X2, HD650, Focal Clear and maybe HD800s soon
I will use it for everything ( but I care about Movies, Anime and Gaming more than Music )

Thank you

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,933 of 2,104
Hello
I need you help guys
I well buy NFB-28 this month
Should I buy NFB-28.38 or better save the extra $130 and buy NFB-28.28 ??

I will connect it to my PC with Philips Fidelio X2, HD650, Focal Clear and maybe HD800s soon
I will use it for everything ( but I care about Movies, Anime and Gaming more than Music )

Thank you

To me, this is a no-brainer: buy the 28.38.

The difference is not small. (I think Audio-gd understates the improvement.) For that extra 130, you will have the measurably best DAC chip in an excellent implementation and likely won't feel the urge to upgrade later. Call it peace of of mind. But also, the 28.38 is incredible and blows away any 9018 or 9028 implementations that I've heard.

If these were DACs from two different companies, or at widely different price-points, or with very different sets of features, or looks, or size, or something it might not be so clear-cut. But the 28.28 and 28.38 are identical, except that one measures and sounds better in a number of ways.

Sep 1, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #1,934 of 2,104
To me, this is a no-brainer: buy the 28.38.

The difference is not small. (I think Audio-gd understates the improvement.) For that extra 130, you will have the measurably best DAC chip in an excellent implementation and likely won't feel the urge to upgrade later. Call it peace of of mind. But also, the 28.38 is incredible and blows away any 9018 or 9028 implementations that I've heard.

If these were DACs from two different companies, or at widely different price-points, or with very different sets of features, or looks, or size, or something it might not be so clear-cut. But the 28.28 and 28.38 are identical, except that one measures and sounds better in a number of ways.

So I think I'll go with 38

I also want to ask about the Usb cable
Do you think the Usb Clabe comes with NFB-28.38 is good enough? Or should I buy another better high end USB Cable?

Thank you

Sep 1, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #1,935 of 2,104
So I think I'll go with 38

I also want to ask about the Usb cable
Do you think the Usb Clabe comes with NFB-28.38 is good enough? Or should I buy another better high end USB Cable?

Thank you

I don't remember if it came with a USB cable or not. I use a Pangea Audio USB and power cord with mine. Even though I am not a big believer in cables, I wanted to make sure both were well-shielded from EMI and all that. Also, I opted for a power conditioner. The reason for all this was that I had an audible hum/buzz in my unit sometimes and one of those three things solved it. I suspect now that it was mostly the previous powerstrip or dirty electricity from the wall. All told, it was about $250 and improved my sound.

There is a lot to the issue of USB cables. Personally, I think a good one is worth a modest investment, but some people spend a lot more. Here's an article that might interest you about this whole issue:
https://www.audiostream.com/content...eyond-1s-and-0s-ifi-audio#QgIkEkqSf7VzXPWa.97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back