Audio-gd NFB-28
Mar 25, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #1,471 of 2,104
Should be fine. Drivers don't often (maybe ever?) require the presence of the thing they support. They simply wait in the OS until the device is plugged in, and make it all work.

Thanks , for the reply ,i have another question , does the very loud Plop when power on really exist ? Is it dangerous for ears ? what are the safe method when turning on with the headphone plug in to the dac amp .

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #1,472 of 2,104
Never have your headphones on your head when you power on an amp. If there is a pop, you could damage your hearing. The headphones will be fine, but your ears, not so much.

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #1,474 of 2,104
OK , so i can let the headphone permanently plug . Are you sure that the  headphone drivers will be save ?

I'm sure of nothing save my lust for fried chicken and the warm embrace of a beautiful woman.

If you're uncomfortable keeping the headphones plugged in, don't feel ashamed. Plenty of folk disconnect them until they're ready for a listen. Nothing wrong with such precaution.

Mar 30, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #1,482 of 2,104
Depends on the year model. Some have jumpers, some have a button, some neither IIRC.

Mar 30, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,484 of 2,104
I asked the same question earlier in the thread, to no response. I don't have a DMM on me to test for 2V anymore. The jumpers are inside the unit, if you have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back