Audio-gd NFB-28
Mar 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #228 of 2,104
Audio-GD?  No.  It really isn't needed.  If you want a fixed output... just don't use the dial... boom fixed output :p

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #230 of 2,104
  Audio-GD?  No.  It really isn't needed.  If you want a fixed output... just don't use the dial... boom fixed output :p

Sure dude, just leave the volume at max and have two sets of pots in the signal path instead of one.  It isn't strictly 'needed' but....why did Audio GD provide fixed in the first place?

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #232 of 2,104
Well a resistor isn't the same as a pot, granted, but it's still unnecessary if not needed- and you didn't answer my question at to why audio gd provide a fixed option.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #233 of 2,104
I don't work for Audio-GD but I would assume it is because someone asked and it's very easy to do.

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #235 of 2,104
Some questions.
First one is more general due to my lack of knowledge: would there be any problems hooking up something like a turntable + phono pre-amp to the back analog inputs or is this not really optimal?
Second question: did anybody ever actually test the warmness jumpers to see if they affect all inputs?
Third: does anybody know the power output specs for the single ended headphone output? Only balanced is listed on the site it would seem.
Fourth: why can't I have more money so I don't have to worry about the cost of this amp? I really want to order one and some LCD-2's
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #237 of 2,104
  First: there should be no problem within the specs [0.7V RMS to 5V RMS (RCA)] of analog input
Third: very close to the corresponding NFB-10.33 specs

So that's what those numbers mean... lol, cool. Thanks. And thanks for the power specs.

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #240 of 2,104
Thanks, but I plan on using balanced, and the 10.33 doesn't have analog in (+ future-proofing either way). I was asking about the single ended b/c if I wanted to try IEM's with it I wanted to know how that would work - I didn't want to bump the volume knob and throw 5 watts at them haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back