Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
May 10, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #901 of 1,577

Quote:
Yes I know that my friend, and you're right. I simply want to use the ACSS connection. I didn't choose the sudden and uncommunicated change in that connection. ACSS is actually one of the reasons I went for C-2.1

Any news on the cable problem?

May 11, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #904 of 1,577

Quote:

Ampcity replied one time and I have also email contact with mr.Kingwa right now:)
Hoping for a good sollution, will post as soon I have more news.

May 11, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #907 of 1,577
NFB-3 with the DIR9001, love it with my LCD-2s.

May 11, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #908 of 1,577
Since I've discovered vintage receivers for my 5LEs my budget for a source has freed up a lot.  So I sent off an email to Kingwa asking if the NFB-1WM would be any better than the NFB-2 if I just intended on using it single ended.  He said nope, same thing single ended.  Woot.  Get here already NFB-2!

May 12, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #910 of 1,577

Quote:
Since I've discovered vintage receivers for my 5LEs my budget for a source has freed up a lot.  So I sent off an email to Kingwa asking if the NFB-1WM would be any better than the NFB-2 if I just intended on using it single ended.  He said nope, same thing single ended.  Woot.  Get here already NFB-2!

This is much in line with what I would expect from the specs. The NFB-1 has one more transformer, but the NFB-2 has one more supply regulator. While the NFB-2 power supplies only have to feed half of the analog electronics.
Now, considering the quality of the NFB-2 that I own, I'm really curious what all those separate transformers and regulators in the NFB-8 will bring..... Is that a mild form of upgraditis creeping in?
eek.gif

May 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #911 of 1,577
Quote:

I Considered the NFB-1 as well, until I heard the same thing from Kingwa when I was buying. The NFB-2 is definitely a steal for anyone with no desire to go balanced just yet.

May 13, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #912 of 1,577

Quote:

I've had contact with Edwin and Kingwa; they will ship the new-chassis ACSS to ampcity (together with other goods). Ampcity will be sending the cable to my place.

Kingwa told me to just keep the old ACSS chassis (I think shipment back is more expensive then the costs of the cables)

So, if Yusuf at ampcity will do his job, things will be solved.

May 13, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #914 of 1,577

Quote:
I've had contact with Edwin and Kingwa; they will ship the new-chassis ACSS to ampcity (together with other goods). Ampcity will be sending the cable to my place.

Kingwa told me to just keep the old ACSS chassis (I think shipment back is more expensive then the costs of the cables)

So, if Yusuf at ampcity will do his job, things will be solved.

Yay! Good news :)

May 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #915 of 1,577
Anyone have the C-2.1 and NFB-3(2) Combo.  I remember in another thread that the RCA out was louder than ACSS out.  But my ACSS is louder than my RCA (with moon opa).  The ACSS is so much louder and clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back