Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Apr 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #841 of 1,577

Quote:
No, I payed 33 euros, about 25% of the declared value
wink_face.gif

thats unfair

i pay more even the the lowerd value doens't count that vieze aap must be chearching the real value on google :frowning2:

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #842 of 1,577

To china, and yea as stated in the e-mail I got "Well do it free but shipping my be costly".  I could also order the part and have someone in the states do it for me but they might need to do extra work to get the BNC socket into the chassis.
Like I did with the DIR9001 I will probably hold it off for 2-4 weeks then go for it whichever route I choose. With how I have my system orientated the drag on the cable is more than the adapters weak grip can handle.

Quote:
Quote:
Is that back to PV or China?  I'm thinking because it's a working unit, they might charge you shipping both ways and possibly for parts as well.  Could be wrong of course.

Still, shipping charges being what they are (and unless you get a reimbursement) my vote goes towards not doing it. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #843 of 1,577

Quote:
To china, and yea as stated in the e-mail I got "Well do it free but shipping my be costly".  I could also order the part and have someone in the states do it for me but they might need to do extra work to get the BNC socket into the chassis.
Like I did with the DIR9001 I will probably hold it off for 2-4 weeks then go for it whichever route I choose. With how I have my system orientated the drag on the cable is more than the adapters weak grip can handle.

There are several 75ohm BNC sockets available that fit nicely in the existing hole, such as the Amphenol RF series.Anyone with decent soldering skills can mount these. If you want the large faceplate Neutrik versions, some serious drilling needs to be done (which I doubt is worth the effort).

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #844 of 1,577
I will see how much the tax will be, i calculated it in. I didnt pay any taxes on my twice as expensive amp that was declared for only 20$.

I should have chosen DHL, but all is good as long as I have it tomorrow or monday.

Joel, I will keep you posted. I am sure its a good device :)
too bad it took 2 months, unlike proglovers 2 weeks...

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #846 of 1,577
I got a surprise email from Audio-GD stating that my NFB-3 has just been shipped. I wasn't expecting this coz its only less than 2 weeks I made the payment.... Whats the average wait time these days?...
I'll believe it when I'll get the package right infront of me.... but yeah totally unexpected.

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #847 of 1,577
If you look at the consignment list on their web, they doubled if not tripled their output in recent weeks.  Things should start moving.  

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #848 of 1,577
Quote:
I got a surprise email from Audio-GD stating that my NFB-3 has just been shipped. I wasn't expecting this coz its only less than 2 weeks I made the payment.... Whats the average wait time these days?...
I'll believe it when I'll get the package right infront of me.... but yeah totally unexpected.

They are probably overwhlem with NFBs. The whole NFB series + DI seems to be in full throttle since the new work force moved into production. Alot of us who ordered from april got plenty of surprise with shipment notice in 1 to 2 weeks. The rest of the product line still is slow.  

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #849 of 1,577
I'm really torn between the nfb-2 and the havana dac. Anyone tried both?

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #851 of 1,577

Quote:
my NFB-2 arrived, and it came with 2 wires. one silver-ish one with yellow tip, another black RCA looking wire with yellow tip as well.

what are they used for /  am i supposed to use them?

The first is an optical cable, the second is a coax for use with those two inputs, if you choose them over USB.  I can't vouch for the optical cable, but the coax is cheapish; I use a Monoprice instead with a heavy-duty gold-plated RCA connector that is much more positive in contact and heavily shielded.  But USB is what most people try first.  Unlike the Maverick D1, the NFB-2/3 does not ship with a USB cable, figuring there are already enough of them in the world.

Apr 30, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #854 of 1,577
I bought that 22.5 usd 75 ohm coax Kingma makes. Great cable for a very reasonable price.

May 1, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #855 of 1,577

Quote:
Thinking of sending my NFB-2 and getting a small upgrade to replace rca spdif with a BNC socket.  The coupler I am using doesn't snug tight enough on that spdif socket.

Hmm I guess the real question is, wait till I can afford a reference 5 or do it. since considering shipping rates that will be ~$100(maybe less but just a guess)

Get another Head Fi'er in NYC to do the upgrade for you (it's about a 10 minute job at most).....get a decent BNC jack (either from A-gd or locally) and have it swapped out....I'd do it for you for no charge but I'm in Canada .....( border paperwork/customs etc might make for addiitonal costs/hassle etc).

I'm sure someone in the NYC area should be able to help you out with this simple mod.

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back