Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Apr 26, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #811 of 1,577
Dear Kingwa,

Edwin shipped the C-2.1 (with Classis Type ACSS cable) out to me two weeks before he shipped the NFB-3.
I don't know why he sent the Classis Type ACSS cable with the C-2.1 but he did, and at that time never told me the different ACSS cable options.
Not only did Edwin lie about shipping the NFB-3 out to me with false tracking number, but now I see that he neglected to see and tell me that the ACSS cable that he sent me earlier would be incompatible with the NFB-3.  So I simply ask that Audio-GD send out the correct compatible cable which I see from the website is called: "New Classis Type (which incorporates Classis Type on one end with New Type on the other end).

I will ship out the Classis Type if you want and if Audio GD is willing to pay for shipping, since it was Edwin's mistake.

Thank You
David Pak

Quote:
The NFB3 in the photo, it was applied the new ACSS sockets.
These new sockets are our custom order, gold plate, better quality, and will use in our future products.  We have updating the web page .
Every customers if buy the gear with the ACSS cables , our mates will ask the which sockets you want to use.

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #812 of 1,577

Quote:
Quote:

I think Kingwa counts as a seasoned audiophile (and is probably the only person to hear both), and his email to me said the 2 offers a "slightly blacker background and a bit more extension at the bands" than the 3.  It's up to you to decide whether those two factors are worth an extra $150 or not.  One more thing - the 3 probably has a completely black background as it is (based on my experience with the FUN and NFB-12).  Good luck.

Having just been emailed a tracking # for an NFB-3, there is a small regret that I did not pay enough attention and ordered the NFB-2 instead. Still I'm thinking the 3 should serve its purpose just fine.

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #813 of 1,577
Thank You Kingwa for addressing the problem promptly.

Quote:
Dear Kingwa,

Edwin shipped the C-2.1 (with Classis Type ACSS cable) out to me two weeks before he shipped the NFB-3.
I don't know why he sent the Classis Type ACSS cable with the C-2.1 but he did, and at that time never told me the different ACSS cable options.
Not only did Edwin lie about shipping the NFB-3 out to me with false tracking number, but now I see that he neglected to see and tell me that the ACSS cable that he sent me earlier would be incompatible with the NFB-3.  So I simply ask that Audio-GD send out the correct compatible cable which I see from the website is called: "New Classis Type (which incorporates Classis Type on one end with New Type on the other end).

I will ship out the Classis Type if you want and if Audio GD is willing to pay for shipping, since it was Edwin's mistake.

Thank You
David Pak

Apr 26, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #815 of 1,577

Quote:
I just received my NFB-3.  But I cannot attach the ACSS.  As you can see from the picture, the C-2.1 (above) has the socket out so that it can receive the ACSS cable but the NFB-3 (below) is missing the socket to receive the ACSS cable.
Is this a defect or am I missing something?   Again, King-Wa help!!!

never mind....glad to see A-gd using a better ACSS connector but your issue mixing the old con with the new is a PITA that could have been avoided.....IMO it's time Edwin hit the bricks.... The new connectors on the cable look a lot like mini xlr's but the chassis jacks do not ( if your example is Neutrik ). I'm sure it's an improvement (reliability/sturdiness) over the old type however. A welcome upgrade to an old complaint (concern) of ours going back to the RE1 days.

Peete.

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #816 of 1,577
I'm sure Audio GD will sort it out, but maybe you should mail Kingwa and not communicate via this thread (unless this was just for our information)
My NFB was shipped last friday but has been in the same city (GUANGZHOU ) for the last 5 days. Anyone had a similar experience, or is the tracking just nog being updated? (EMS)

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #817 of 1,577

I paid for an NFB-3 two weeks back.
Over two months delivery time now appears normal.
Some suggest to be patient. It's worth the wait.
Others apply a sensible business/transaction model. An upsurge in orders does not excuse Mr Kingwa from fulfilling his part of the deal in a timely fashion.
I can wait, but will paypal show some understanding, once a growing stream of claims and complaints are processed against Audio GD?
Is Mr Kingwa taking steps to increase production and satisfy customer orders quickly enough?

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #818 of 1,577
I had done somethings for customers yesterday and asked my mates follow every day.
1, We think we will had most products instock around mid of May.
2, After customers made the payment 40 days, we will return the payment and ask customers payment again for better Paypal guarantee.

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #819 of 1,577
I received an email this morning from Audio GD (I'm ordering a C-2.1) to select the connector type(s) I wanted on my ACSS cable. Naming convention is a little confusing but they attached links to pictures which is nice.

The have an old style, a new style and of course a hybrid of the two.

It does look like the new connectors will be an improvement over the old style.

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #820 of 1,577
I've been looking at the Audio_Gd stuff lately, specifically an NFB-2, but I think I will pass until things get sorted.  The waiting for 3 months doesn't suit me.

I'm not too happy about them taking money as well before shipment and I don't buy that argument that people that order stuff won't pay for it after it been assembled and burned in.  If that person doesn't want it I'm sure there will be 10 people behind him in the queue that do. 

I mean if 1000 peeps are after gear at say $400 per person average, that $400,000 sitting in Audio_gd bank account making interest at possibly 5% a year - that's $20,000 in Audio_gd pocket.

I don't think its right that Audio_gd should charge before shipment and sometimes shipment can take months.

I like the company and its products, they are terrific value, but I may wait until production issues are sorted.

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #821 of 1,577
does the gold plated ACSS plug gives a difference ? isnt that silver plated is prefered ?

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #822 of 1,577

Quote:
I'm sure Audio GD will sort it out, but maybe you should mail Kingwa and not communicate via this thread (unless this was just for our information)
My NFB was shipped last friday but has been in the same city (GUANGZHOU ) for the last 5 days. Anyone had a similar experience, or is the tracking just nog being updated? (EMS)

Sorry to hear that!
Mine was shipped using DHL it took just 3 days from 'Pick up at Hong Kong Facility' to 'Delivered - Signed for by : (ME)'.

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #823 of 1,577
Kingwa,

I guess the NFB-3 recently changed to the New Type gold sockets, when did the C-2.1 change?  Because my C-2.1 was shipped to me less than a month ago but it does not have the New Type gold sockets?
Could you educate us on when all this happened?  I'm curious, unless the C-2.1 just went through changes as well, why my C-2.1 does not have the New Type sockets.

Thank You

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #824 of 1,577
^ I have exactly the same problem as sling5s with the ACSS connection. And I couldn't know about it beforehand, because nobody told me about changing the ACSS on the NFB-3, and the picture didn't show it either. I mailed mr. Kingwa about it, and I'm sure he will offer a satisfying sollution.

My NFB-3 got in today. It was packed safely and all in all arrived very fast (3 working days China-->Holland).

For those of you interested, I've made some unboxing pictures, as I always do:

We already knew, but I have to say again; it's beautifully built stuff

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #825 of 1,577

Quote:
I had done somethings for customers yesterday and asked my mates follow every day.
1, We think we will had most products instock around mid of May.
2, After customers made the payment 40 days, we will return the payment and ask customers payment again for better Paypal guarantee.

Thanks for the info, Kingwa. To have stock ready for shipping in 3 weeks time is good. That implies you will be able to fulfill all outstanding orders and then have excess units left over. Is that correct, sir?
Will quality control suffer in any way?
If you must refund payments, then ask disappointed buyers to pay once again, that, may I suggest, is not a good way to do business. At the very least is the issue of 3.2% paypal charges plus bank currency exchange fees both ways (if one is not using US$ to begin with). What, may I ask, would you do about additional fees and charges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back