Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Apr 22, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #781 of 1,577
I noticed that there are vents on top of these units. Do lots of heat escape from them? Let say I put my Schiit Lyr ontop of the NSB-3, will my Lyr get heated up by the NSB-3?

Apr 22, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #782 of 1,577
you worry about Lyr, which is a 6W monster amp, gets burned by NFB-3, which is a DAC? :)

NFB-3 doesn't put out heat. that's it. On the other hand, Lyr is like a toaster. You can easily grill a sausage or cook a egg if you wish (i admit i haven't tried that). :) so don't put Lyr on top of ANYTHING, or even near anything. It's not going to be pretty. :)

I noticed that there are vents on top of these units. Do lots of heat escape from them? Let say I put my Schiit Lyr ontop of the NSB-3, will my Lyr get heated up by the NSB-3?

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #787 of 1,577

Quote:
I got my tracking number sent to me overnight. It's on its way

beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #788 of 1,577
I also got an email from Edwin, that my goods has been shipped, but that DHL needs some days to update the tracking to them. That will be that Honkong-China thing Mr. Kingma wrote about

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #790 of 1,577

Quote:
Quote:
I also got an email from Edwin, that my goods has been shipped, but that DHL needs some days to update the tracking to them. That will be that Honkong-China thing Mr. Kingma wrote about

Was that an nfb? Only 2 weeks of waiting? Ftw

Yes!

Seriously, I still can hardly believe it. I really believe it when I see that tracking number.

I haven't got any idea why mine's so fast. I emailed Edwin that they estimated 10 days and didn't make it, that I'm fine with waiting, but that I'd like to have an honest and bit accurate estimation of how long it will take, then he told me it was ready
blink.gif

Not complaining offcourse.

Apr 24, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #792 of 1,577
 Hand built gear takes time to complete and I would rather they take their time with each unit making it the best it can be rather than rushing. Waiting stinks but it's part and parcel with having to deal with what is a very high demand item.

Patience is a virtue.....the NFB series is worth the extra wait time...................there is no other unit that compares to it at it's price point so you either wait or get something inferior.

Peete.

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #793 of 1,577

Quote:
 Hand built gear takes time to complete and I would rather they take their time with each unit making it the best it can be rather than rushing. Waiting stinks but it's part and parcel with having to deal with what is a very high demand item.

Patience is a virtue.....the NFB series is worth the extra wait time...................there is no other unit that compares to it at it's price point so you either wait or get something inferior.

Peete.

exactly, totally agreed. My probleem lies not with the waiting, better to wait longer then for them to rush it. The problem is/was promises not being kept, misinformation etc.

But it's also understood that mr. Kingwa maybe didn't expect his business to grow at the rate it does now. He needs to do some reorganisation. The way the company is going to deal with these things the coming months is very important. I'm sure they will do their best with good intentions.

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #795 of 1,577

Quote:
^ Excellent update Proglover. I would hazard the guess that with Audio GD's "student" workforce back online, this might a good time to be putting in one's orders (parts availability excepted).

Bearing in mind Audio GD's enthusiasm for bringing new models to market, do you think it will be too long before they come up with a replacement DAC in the NFB's price bracket?   The NFB's have been around quite a while now in Audio GD terms
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back