Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Nov 2, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #166 of 1,577
Hi,

I am also tempted by NFB-2/3 to combine with my Meier Concerto and D7000... Good combination? 

On the other side I would like to know if NFB-10WM (used as Dac alone) is equal or superior to the dedicated NFB2/3 Dac...? 

Thanks,

Dan

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #168 of 1,577
Burning in a new NFB-2 and C-2 at the moment. Im sure I have some time for change on this but for now, almost all wood instruments are dramatically more present and detailed.

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #169 of 1,577
Should I worry if the last EMS tracking update for my NFB3 was 
[size=medium]
2010-10-30  22:58:00​
GUANGZHOU ​
Despatch from Sorting Center  ​
[/size]  
That seems like quite a while ago

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #172 of 1,577
hi

maybe i missed a post, if so sorry, but can you tell us more about how NFB 3 and dac19 compare. Do you really fell the superority of the pcm1704? I'm still a bit scared by a lack of warmth in the dac19, but i can't afford the "musical" series ( ref9 for exemple)

Thanks

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #173 of 1,577
Burning in NFB2/Concerto> LCD2, initial impressions are very positive.
Will report in later 

Quote:
Hi,

I am also tempted by NFB-2/3 to combine with my Meier Concerto and D7000... Good combination? 

On the other side I would like to know if NFB-10WM (used as Dac alone) is equal or superior to the dedicated NFB2/3 Dac...? 

Thanks,

Dan

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #174 of 1,577

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Dan

hard to say if its equal but NFB2/3 should be a really good match for the neutral Concerto because this is the more musical series. I think two neutral components might be too sterile (Concerto & nfb 10) imo

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #175 of 1,577
The Chinese post is utterly slow these days. I have received the dac fast because it was shipped at the start of the month. But my amp hasn´t arrived yet (so i can only look at my newly arrived lcd-2. but can´t use them), becase it was shipped by the end of the month. The sender told me that from 22 october to christmas shipping will be very slow, for obvious reason. Really China is a huge exporting country, but still i cannot tolerate the fact that the amp has been in China for 1 week and half...
So i´ve just sent an inquiry to the chinese post about that.

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #176 of 1,577
Congratz guys...Keep em' coming....
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Should I worry if the last EMS tracking update for my NFB3 was 
[size=medium]
2010-10-30  22:58:00​
GUANGZHOU ​
Despatch from Sorting Center  ​
[/size]  
That seems like quite a while ago

Hi Cap...

I never use the EMS tracking system, I use USPS.  When you receive the EMS tracking number, copy and paste it into USPS and it gives you better details- Arrived in USA etc...Once the package enters the US, USPS takes it over.

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #177 of 1,577
Hey .Sup,

Thanks for answering, but I must add, that the NFB-10WM (not the NFB-10ES) also uses the Wolfson WM8741 chips, so it would certainly be as musical as his NFB-2/3 companions. If I would know if the NFB10 as a Dac alone would be equal to, lets say, NFB-2, then it would be a better choice for me, as it is fully balanced and the output can be variable (for use with Emitter Amp and Tannoys/ RCA to Concerto), but I am afraid that this all in one solution, tends toward a lesser soundquality.

Is the neutral series (in this case the NFB-10ES) as steril as one could think? If so, going WOLFSON with CONCERTO would really be a better match, but I have read that this SABRE chip would be an terrific one... Can't decide on pure theory 
confused_face_2.gif

Cheers 
L3000.gif

Dan

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #178 of 1,577
/img/forum/go_quote.gif Originally Posted by Danutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

Thanks,

Dan

Originally Posted by hngls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burning in NFB2/Concerto> LCD2, initial impressions are very positive.
Will report in later 

Post #173 in case you missed it Dan....

Nov 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #179 of 1,577
Did anyone happen to order the 192KHzversion of the NFB-2 or NFB-3?

I realize the 96KHz version has better jitter handling so that's what most people appear to be choosing, but when I explained to Kingwa that I wanted a more analog DAC to tame my bright-ish speaker and referenced the discontinued DAC3SE, he suggested the following:

[size=medium]For warmer sound, you can choice the FUN or NFB3 192KHz version, they are warmer than 96KHz version.[/size] [size=medium]And the FUN can change the OPA to MOON get warmer sound , even warmer than the DAC3SE.[/size]

So I was curious if anyone else picked the 192Khz and had any thoughts on this?  I'll be feeding it from a Squeezebox Duet receiver so there probably is some level of jitter although not as terrible as the earlier SB3.

Thanks!

Nov 7, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #180 of 1,577
I have tried the dir8416 module with sparrow, to my ears sharp attack gets rounded off. I quite like the detail of dir9001, but if your speakers are bright I would go dir8416.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back