Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Apr 15, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #736 of 1,577

Quote:
For me, given they're shipping history as outlined from the beginning of this thread, that is acceptable. Beyond that, not acceptable.

I will email Edwin a link to this thread and ask for a solid delivery date on my unit, with recourse to a refund if they fail to make that date. 

keep us posted, pigmode

when they estimate 10 days (as in my case, with NFB-3), considering how they're doing lately, I could live with 4-5 weeks, but over 2 months, I don't know if I'll accept that either. Either way, they should do these estimations better, whether it's about honesty or simply bad judgement, the difference is a bit too big.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #737 of 1,577
I have had my NFB-3 for about four weeks now, but I sympathize with those still waiting, and waiting and waiting. Personally, if and when (the "if" mostly deriving from my personal finances) I order more Audio-gd "gear" like a Digital Interface and/or C-2.1, I am going to order first, and ask Edwin to e-mail me when my order is actually ready for shipment before I send any money via PayPal. Whoever posted that we (the people in this thread) are acting as the extended finance credit facility of Audio-gd had a very good point.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #738 of 1,577

Quote:
keep us posted, pigmode

when they estimate 10 days (as in my case, with NFB-3), considering how they're doing lately, I could live with 4-5 weeks, but over 2 months, I don't know if I'll accept that either. Either way, they should do these estimations better, whether it's about honesty or simply bad judgement, the difference is a bit too big.

Will do, I will post updates on my communications and situation. For the most part, I expect a happy outcome, but I also feel at the same time that a line needed to be drawn.

I have read through this entire thread twice, and my *expectations* which I believe to be fair to both Audio GD and myself as a *paid* customer, are derived from those readings.

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #739 of 1,577
PV is just as dependent on Audio GD.  PV kept missing their estimates too with me, with no apologies or assurances.  So I just ordered directly from Audio GD.  I thought I would have better luck.
I thought Edwin at least was easier to work with than Joe.

Quote:
Quote:

eek.gif
  That's horrible!  2+ mo.?  

I really hope PV weren't BSing when they said they get priority on their orders.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #740 of 1,577
Quote:
PV is just as dependent on Audio GD.  PV kept missing their estimates too with me, with no apologies or assurances.  So I just ordered directly from Audio GD.  I thought I would have better luck.
I thought Edwin at least was easier to work with than Joe.

Good to know.  

I might cancel my order w/ PV if it takes 2 months AND I find out the upcoming Woo Audio DAC(s) are similarly priced.  = ]

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #741 of 1,577
Here is Edwin's response:

[size=medium] We are feel very sorry about the long time delay,and your gear is finish and test and brun in now,we want to shipping out at Tuesday,do you mind wait more a little time?Sorry about this time[/size]
[size=medium] Edwin[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] My Response:[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Edwin,[/size]
[size=medium] That sounds reasonable. All that I *require* is that it is shipped by 4/28. Please keep me informed.[/size]
[size=medium] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] At this point I do not have any problems, and I do give them the benefit of doubt that they will try to meet their obligation. [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #742 of 1,577
^ Ah, nice

If they do so, how long would it have taken then, pigmode? From payment/ordering until shipment.
And which estimation did they give you at first?

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #744 of 1,577

Quote:
^ Ah, nice

If they do so, how long would it have taken then, pigmode? From payment/ordering until shipment.
And which estimation did they give you at first?

I was not given a specific purchase completion date estimation, just a general and unspecific note that they were behind schedule. I decided to abide by that  knowing that I had options. The first was a paypal complaint and refund within 30 days. Audio GD began the current production cycle of the NFB3 before those 30 days were over.

At the time I ordered, they seem to have not sent out any NFB3s for quite a while. The first customers to receive, were those who ordered in Jan. and had waited about 2 months. If my unit arrives on 4/28 that would be 2 months from payment. 

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #745 of 1,577
Mine were shipped last Monday according to Edwin but my name is not on the consignment.  
And oddly enough, it's still stuck at customs.  It's been stuck at customs for a whole week according to Audio GD.  Strange.  My last order took only 5 days from China.  

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #746 of 1,577
damn guys, the thing is where the heck could you find a comparable DAC for that price. If I could find it, I'd buy it, but I wouldn't know anything comparable in it's price range. Stagedac is twice the price.

Apr 16, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #747 of 1,577

Quote:
damn guys, the thing is where the heck could you find a comparable DAC for that price. If I could find it, I'd buy it, but I wouldn't know anything comparable in it's price range. Stagedac is twice the price.

DacMagic?   which is balanced, as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/549623/dac-or-dac-amp-suggestions-around-400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back