Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Dec 23, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #286 of 1,577

Quote:
Quote:
Can anyone comment on the sonic differences between the NFB-3 and NFB-12.  I am thinking of switching my order the the NFB-3 as I will just be using it as a DAC.  However, in many ways they seem to be very similiar products.

Thanks,
Robert

The NFB-3 is a dedicated dac, NFB-12 is a dac and headphone amp combo. I have audio-gd gear with similar price tier as what you are asking, $480 dac19mk3, $225 sparrow and $280 compass, and there is quite some difference between the dedicated dac dac19 and the dac/amp combos sparrow/compass.

But having dac and amp share the same chassis does reduce cost, good if you are also looking for a headphone amp. If you just want a dac, definitely NFB-3, especially since it is at a $300 promo price right now.

Thank you for the response.  I switched my order to the NFB-3.  My integrated tube amp has an active Pre-Amp so I figured the dedicated DAC is the way to go.  I can't wait to get my complete system setup.  Many years in the making... 

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #287 of 1,577
 I ordered NFB-3 96kHz too.
confused_face.gif

My product left factory 25 November and hasn't reached my home yet, I think I'll touch it only next year.
 As soon as I develop some hours on my unit, I'll compare to my Compass.

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #288 of 1,577

Quote:
Hi HeatFan12

What do you use to bridge between your computer and your DAC? NFB-2 and -3 supports upto 24/192.
Just wondering what device can pump 32/192 data across.

Cheers.

hiface EVO, SDTRANS (an SD transport), some modified DVD transports, twistedpear's upcoming USB module, a couple others I cant remember right now

Dec 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #289 of 1,577

Quote:
 I ordered NFB-3 96kHz too.
confused_face.gif

My product left factory 25 November and hasn't reached my home yet, I think I'll touch it only next year.
 As soon as I develop some hours on my unit, I'll compare to my Compass.

I don't know for sure but It seems that Audio-GD ships when they get around to it.
I ordered my DAC19DSP on 12/06/10, Audio-GD said it shipped on 12/18/10. I finally got a tracking number from Audio-GD for DHL yesterday but DHL doesn't show anything for that tracking number yet.
confused.gif

I got a pair of HE6's this month from Hifiman (Hong Kong) they shipped via DHL also. Those headphones came in less than a week from China via DHL.
My point is that it has been 9 days from when Audio GD said they shipped but DHL still shows no record for my tracking number.
frown.gif

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #290 of 1,577
I think EMS and DHL may be overwhelmed by the Christmas season. I don't usually keep up with the news, but have heard that customs being more watchful at this time has contributed to slower mail movement as well.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #291 of 1,577
The problem here is the end of the year in my country, as it is developing people are buying much more, discovering that they can import products, etc... and in this time is common to have some delay. I'm not home but by my tracking code it reached the post office already, I only need to pay the custom$ (which are expensive here) after come back home, something will happen next Monday.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #292 of 1,577
I got a reply from Edwin at Audio-GD here is what he said.
"we had contact with DHL company what happen about this,they said because now is near the next year,so that they will change some package the tracking number,and now we had asking the tracking number of your goods,they will upgrade to us within 2 workdays"

I called DHL and talked to a representative of DHL, explained everything to him. Of-course the tracking number is no good so he looked up my Zip code just to see if there where any packages coming to my Zip code from China, and there is no packages coming to anybody with my Zip code from China using DHL.

I also have sent copy's of my E-Mail to kingwa so he knows whats going on.

This is the link to my last post.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/512856/audio-gd-nfb-2-nfb-3-delivery-impression-thread/285#post_7154605

There has been many delays and excuses from Edwin, but not one promise from Edwin has been honored by Edwin, or so it seems to me.

Edit, I added "or so it seems to me"

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #293 of 1,577
The problem is DHL. They couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery they are that bad.  Even in Japan, where there is no such thing as poor service, they have delays and disorganisation.

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #295 of 1,577
See if it turns up early in January. If nothing turns up, I'd be surprised if they don't send you another one.  Remember though, we've just been through the busiest season of the year.  I ordered something locally (in Australia) to be delivered by 1-day express post in another city on the 18th, and it still hasn't turned up!

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #296 of 1,577
The 18th and one day shipping, do you have a tracking number?

I ordered my DAT 19 DSP1 from Audio GD on December 3rd and they said they would ship by December 8th, now its December 29th and nobody seems to know where it is. I hope kingwa or edwin will send me a new dac 19 dsp1v5 if the one they sent is gone because they are out of stock on the DAC19 DSP1 v5 and discontinued. I don't want a refund I want what I ordered.

btw I ordered a pair of HE6 headphone from Audio Direct this month also, shipped from China via DHL arrived at my house in less than a week.
Yes I support Head-Fi sponsors.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #297 of 1,577
I emailed Kingwa a link to your post.

Express Post in Australia has an ID number, but it can't be tracked. They can only give the date and time it was delivered, so I'll just have to wait.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #298 of 1,577
Well after a long wait, I couldn't be happier with Audio-GD. Received an email from Edwin on Christmas day that they'd shipped it on the Friday (Christmas eve) with EMS.  I had expected it to arrive here in Melbourne (Australia) next week from China.  Guess my surprise and shock when it turned up at my PO box today!!!  Currently listening to it, with the biggest grin on my face.  Mine is working perfectly, and if it sounds this good out of the box...   

Many many thanks to Edwin and Kingwa for the expedited shipping - it ended up shipping almost 2 weeks later then originally expected.  Edwin did tell me that they were short of hands, and it was taking much longer to do the builds than expected.  I think they were also deluged with orders.  Can't complain, and would definitely order from them again.  Sorry to hear you've had problems with your shipping @sillysally.  Hope it does turn up soon, and my experience with DHL is similar to others - they are very unreliable...

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #299 of 1,577

Quote:
I emailed Kingwa a link to your post.

Express Post in Australia has an ID number, but it can't be tracked. They can only give the date and time it was delivered, so I'll just have to wait.

Thank You, you truly are a gentleman and a major asset to Head-Fi and its members.
beerchug.gif
. .

Hope you package arrives soon, we sure like are toys.
bigsmile_face.gif

Peter.

Dec 29, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #300 of 1,577
Ordered a NFB-3 on november 27th from Amp city.co.uk and I´m still waiting

Don´t know if they are an ¨official¨ Audio-GD distributor in Europe...but Paypal covers my buy for 45 days, and I´ve been waiting for 33 since the day of purchase

Is anyone else having problems with their shipping too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back