Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jan 16, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #571 of 961
  Audio gd had been clear in that opening the case does not void the warranty - you may confirm with them.

Thanks for the clarification - wasn't aware of this

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #572 of 961
How would you change filters on the nfb15? I see no option to do this via hardware or software...

Which version do you have?  Mine (NFB-12) is by internal jumpers.  It'll all be documented in the manual.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #573 of 961
  You could play around with the filters, but changes will be subtle.

If you really want brighter, you're actually wanting the NFB-11 (Sabre based instead of Wolfson)

Yeah maybe I should've gone with the NFB-11, I'm just looking for a little more "sparkle" with my Alpha Prime headphones the NBF-15 is too smooth for me I think.

Shame I couldn't demo them side-by-side prior to buying.  I like a musical fun sound, and am not keen on analytical "lifeless"  sound, that's why I went with the 15 rather than 11.

Maybe I'll wait until a local audio show is on take my gear and demo a few.  I am not buying anymore expensive Amp or DACs blind again lol.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #574 of 961
Yeah maybe I should've gone with the NFB-11, I'm just looking for a little more "sparkle" with my Alpha Prime headphones the NBF-15 is too smooth for me I think.

Shame I couldn't demo them side-by-side prior to buying.  I like a musical fun sound, and am not keen on analytical "lifeless"  sound, that's why I went with the 15 rather than 11.

Maybe I'll wait until a local audio show is on take my gear and demo a few.  I am not buying anymore expensive Amp or DACs blind again lol.

The alpha prime is a really dark headphone..

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #576 of 961

Yeah that's why I need a bit of balance. NFB15 is not bright enough really for me. I've got a cayin c5 I may stick with that for a bit and sell my nfb15. I'm undecided thus far.

NFB-11 isn't much brighter.

Does the c5 provide enough current? underpowered orthos often sound brighter.

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #578 of 961

Yeah that's why I need a bit of balance. NFB15 is not bright enough really for me. I've got a cayin c5 I may stick with that for a bit and sell my nfb15. I'm undecided thus far.

NFB-11 isn't much brighter.

Does the c5 provide enough current? underpowered orthos often sound brighter.

The C5 is awesome with the alpha primes, I'm listening to it now with my Fiio X5 dac . Fantastic.

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #579 of 961

see
I feel ive had the same experiences as you after hearing my he500s through a Oppo HA-1. The HA-1 is out of my price range though. The sound was so much clearer/more detailed especially the highs yet it was smooth and non fatiguing. My nfb15 almost sounded muddy in comparison
Edit: see here http://www.head-fi.org/t/751035/audio-gd-equivalent-of-ha-1

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #580 of 961
Ive got the latest revision (had it for just over a month now)

Here you go - jumpers are inside the case

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN_Use.htm

I don't think it will do what you are looking for though.  NFB12/15 (due to their intended design) are neutral amps with a warmish full bodied tonality.

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #582 of 961
  http://www.headfonia.com/no-music-audio-gd-nfb-12/
this review talks about a bad vocal with this amp.. someone think the same with nfb 15?

That was Mike's opinion.  Not one shared with many NFB-12 or NFB-15 owners.  Honestly - take anything Headfonia says with a grain of salt.  They take nice pictures - but most of the time I ignore the content of their reviews. It is one person's opinion ......

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #584 of 961
I used to own the K612 and now own the K7XX. You need not worry. Great pairings with the NFB-15

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #585 of 961

That was Mike's opinion.  Not one shared with many NFB-12 or NFB-15 owners.  Honestly - take anything Headfonia says with a grain of salt.  They take nice pictures - but most of the time I ignore the content of their reviews. It is one person's opinion ......

Agreed - in the MSR7 thread someone from head/earphonia said they could tell differences by simply swapping cables.  They were all high end cables so.....i dont know what to think of that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back