Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jan 16, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #586 of 961

Agreed - in the MSR7 thread someone from head/earphonia said they could tell differences by simply swapping cables.  They were all high end cables so.....i dont know what to think of that. 

Don't want to get into a debate with anyone on this - so just use your own knowledge and common sense.  I've tried different cables with AKG and Senn cans - volume match - no difference. It in turn makes me very sceptical about anyone claiming sonic differences between cables.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #589 of 961
Does anyone pair the NFB-15 2014 version with HD600? How does it sound?

Just lovely :) I compared the NFB-15 with a bunch of other SS amps specifically for the HD600. It's just bit more warm and musical than something like the O2 or Magni,which is exactly the type of sound I like.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #590 of 961
Just lovely
smily_headphones1.gif
I compared the NFB-15 with a bunch of other SS amps specifically for the HD600. It's just bit more warm and musical than something like the O2 or Magni,which is exactly the type of sound I like.

How about the low and soundstage?

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #591 of 961
just got mine in. sounds great with the he-500. drivers installed just fine. any other settings i should touch? i set it at 32bit/44.1khz. most of my music is at 44.1khz so i figured not to increase much higher.

i found that windows volume control doesn't work. normal?

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #592 of 961
  just got mine in. sounds great with the he-500. drivers installed just fine. any other settings i should touch? i set it at 32bit/44.1khz. most of my music is at 44.1khz so i figured not to increase much higher.

I believe you mentioned that you had them put a $40 value on the package. Mind if I ask how much you paid at the door, if you were hit with any fees?

I've been following this thread for a while..on the fence about buying the NFB-15. $380 CAD (plus possible customs/import tax) is quite a bit of money, considering this will be the biggest investment I'll make on audio equipment. I already got a quote, but I'm wondering what value I should have them declare the package as before I pay.

This will be my first amp/DAC - I'm still new to all of this despite having done a lot of research. I'm planning to pair it with the K7XX and HD598  (although the latter doesn't really require amplification, from what I read).

Hopefully this purchase will be worth it.

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #593 of 961
I believe you mentioned that you had them put a $40 value on the package. Mind if I ask how much you paid at the door, if you were hit with any fees?

I've been following this thread for a while..on the fence about buying the NFB-15. $380 CAD (plus possible customs/import tax) is quite a bit of money, considering this will be the biggest investment I'll make on audio equipment. I already got a quote, but I'm wondering what value I should have them declare the package as before I pay.

This will be my first amp/DAC - I'm still new to all of this despite having done a lot of research. I'm planning to pair it with the K7XX and HD598  (although the latter doesn't really require amplification, from what I read).

Hopefully this purchase will be worth it.

Yeah they put the value at $40. Customs fees was $23.

Jan 17, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #594 of 961

if you have foobar open i think it bypasses windows volume control but im away from my set up right now and cant recall. full source volume and attenuate via NFB15 volume is all good though. And if you have no issues, no worries. If you do, try 24bit. Enjoy your new gear!

Jan 17, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #595 of 961
How about the low and soundstage?

Bass is a little richer than a neutral amp like the O2. Soundstage seems about the same as other full sized amps.

Jan 17, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #596 of 961

That is normal, they have disabled the windows volume control in the latest driver and I don't like that. I like to be able to use my windows volume control for small volume corrections.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #597 of 961

That is normal, they have disabled the windows volume control in the latest driver and I don't like that. I like to be able to use my windows volume control for small volume corrections.

I just got my DAC and have the same problem. I am using  Windows 8 & JRiver and have to set the audio device in JRiver to "Direct Sound" and either "Application Volume" or "Internal Volume" (Inconsistent glitch)  to get Windows to manage my volume. I do not like the sound quality in DS mode and much prefer ASIO.

Does anyone know where I can get the previous driver to enable Windows volume please?

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #598 of 961
I just got my DAC and have the same problem. I am using  Windows 8 & JRiver and have to set the audio device in JRiver to "Direct Sound" and either "Application Volume" or "Internal Volume" (Inconsistent glitch)  to get Windows to manage my volume. I do not like the sound quality in DS mode and much prefer ASIO.

Does anyone know where I can get the previous driver to enable Windows volume please?

You have to mail Audio-GD and ask them for the previous driver link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back