Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
May 14, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #586 of 3,093
Quote:
yeah it recently happened with me too... i changed from asio... although i don't use foobar anymore...

Hey,

Hmm... I thought that foobar with via direct ks asio was the proper way to ensure sound fidelity since audio-gd specifically used foobar in their instructions.

In any case, would using say... winamp or itunes really affect sound quality (as compared to foobar since my foobar kinda broke with NFB11.32)?

Thanks.

May 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #587 of 3,093
I'm running Windows 7, foobar2000 using WASAPI event mode into the 11.32 - no problem. Try that before you give up foobar.

May 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #588 of 3,093
PROBLEM

OK, here is something interesting I've had happening with my 11.32 since getting it. I have been listening mostly via CDs so I have procrastinated asking here although I did write Audio-gd. Corresponding with him did not produce a fix, even after trying ALL suggestions. I was recommended that I post here (interesting and annoying, at the same time), so here it goes:

Using Macbook Pro OSX 10.5.8: Playing from USB, If I have 44.1, 48, 176000 or 192000 Hz in the Midi panel, the music plays correctly. However, setting at 88000 or 96000 Hz, it doesn't play normal, it plays at half-speed! What's happening? What to do?

Can anyone here help. Thank you.

May 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #589 of 3,093
Quote:
PROBLEM

OK, here is something interesting I've had happening with my 11.32 since getting it. I have been listening mostly via CDs so I have procrastinated asking here although I did write Audio-gd. Corresponding with him did not produce a fix, even after trying ALL suggestions. I was recommended that I post here (interesting and annoying, at the same time), so here it goes:

Using Macbook Pro OSX 10.5.8: Playing from USB, If I have 44.1, 48, 176000 or 192000 Hz in the Midi panel, the music plays correctly. However, setting at 88000 or 96000 Hz, it doesn't play normal, it plays at half-speed! What's happening? What to do?

Wow......I have no problem when setting Midi at 88,000. Sometimes a spoken track is garbled and its because its like 50 MP3.....words only.  Here is a guide that helped me. Maybe something in there addresses your problem.  USB DACs

May 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #590 of 3,093
Quote:
PROBLEM

Are you using iTunes as as your player? Or one other the audiophile players (Amarra, Audivrana +, BitPerfect, ...)? I have found out some of players affect badly with some dacs.

May 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #591 of 3,093
Saraguie, Solitary1, thank you for your posts trying to help me. Much appreciated!

Tried all possible suggestions. Used Fidelia, Play, ITunes, among others and same result as described: only 88 & 96 settings don't function properly. Very frustrating.

May 15, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #592 of 3,093
Quote:
Saraguie, Solitary1, thank you for your posts trying to help me. Much appreciated!

Tried all possible suggestions. Used Fidelia, Play, ITunes, among others and same result as described: only 88 & 96 settings don't function properly. Very frustrating.

Please try Kingwa again. There is the language thing but he really does try to help. Just those settings and with a MAC too.......I bet it is frustrating as hell! 

May 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #593 of 3,093
This is the last of my correspondence from Mr. Kingwa,
An odd response since he knew from the start that I was using a Mac and not a PC:

Do you have a windows computer can update the firmware to the newest version for try?
http://www.audio-gd.com/USB32firmware.rar
Here is the link of the tool can flash the firmware.
Most people can flash succeed but few users have fail.
So if you want to flash the firmware, please read the guide careful.
The #4 firmware is the newest firmware.

If you can't enure the operate, please ask in forum see anyone can help you through remote control?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/624517/audio-gd-nfb-11-32-delivery-impression-thread/450
The member Heatfan 12 is a good people like to help anyone.
Kingwa

May 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #594 of 3,093
Quote:
This is the last of my correspondence from Mr. Kingwa,
An odd response since he knew from the start that I was using a Mac and not a PC:

Do you have a windows computer can update the firmware to the newest version for try?
http://www.audio-gd.com/USB32firmware.rar
Here is the link of the tool can flash the firmware.
Most people can flash succeed but few users have fail.
So if you want to flash the firmware, please read the guide careful.
The #4 firmware is the newest firmware.

If you can't enure the operate, please ask in forum see anyone can help you through remote control?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/624517/audio-gd-nfb-11-32-delivery-impression-thread/450
The member Heatfan 12 is a good people like to help anyone.
Kingwa

the thing is that it is the computer audio section... if it was the normal dac section then this thread would have been much more active... and you would have gotten your answers a lot quicker...

May 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #595 of 3,093
Now the driver V2.0 release , for older units, the firmware update is necessary .
Update the firmware have some risk , even though we have flash very lot firmwares during produced the products without a single one fail case.
The wrong operate may shatter the firmware and want to buy a new one for replacement.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/500369/audio-gd-digital-interface/3825#post_9436458

May 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #597 of 3,093
Quote:

Man, the only thing I can see is the the OS you are using. Is there any reason why you are you Leopard? I would suggest as least Snow Leopard. BIG fifference, maybe more than the difference from Snow Leopard to Lion. When I bought my 11.32 I already move to ML. I would try it out, but my Mac does not support Leopard.

May 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #598 of 3,093
According to Mr. Kingwa's correspondence, he has a Mac with "Leopard" (10.5.8) and the 11.32 works fine. I have other Macs running "Lion" but are not in a convenient place to use with the 11.32. Need to keep the MacBook at "Leopart" for the time being.

May 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #599 of 3,093
Quote:
According to Mr. Kingwa's correspondence, he has a Mac with "Leopard" (10.5.8) and the 11.32 works fine. I have other Macs running "Lion" but are not in a convenient place to use with the 11.32. Need to keep the MacBook at "Leopart" for the time being.

Oh, well.

May 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #600 of 3,093
Quote:

Why not use one of the Lion machines to help isolate the problem?  Good catch Solitary1 the Leopard OS sailed over my big head (small brain)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back