Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Mar 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #484 of 3,093
I own and use the NFB-1.32 dac. It sounds great but have been having no luck with it using Jplay via USB.
I have a Valab NOS, Beresford and a friend is letting me try his MHDT Havana and they play perfectly with Jplay.
 Any help would really be appreciated.  I am using Jriver/Jplay in my 64 bit computer.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #485 of 3,093
Hello!

About Audio-gd DAC's and Linux OS.
Has anybody here tried switching tracks with different sampling rates?
Like from 44.1kHz to 96kHz and back?
I had problems with my NFB-17.32, but have found a patch for kernel on alsa-users mailing list.
Could you tray switching and if I am not asking too much - could you do the lsusb -v and post or even better send me the part of the output, the one I am posting for my NFB-17.32:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 040d:3410 VIA Technologies, Inc.
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x040d VIA Technologies, Inc.
  idProduct          0x3410
  bcdDevice            0.20

The important info are idVendor and idProduct.

Thank you,
Davor.

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #487 of 3,093
Quote:

Have you taken delivery of this bad boy EasySounds?

Cheers!

Hey HeatFan12,

It has been delivered (pretty fast delivery compared to many other int'l shippers), but due to complicated reasons I'll only get to fiddle with it come Sat. 
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #488 of 3,093
Quote:
Hey HeatFan12,

It has been delivered (pretty fast delivery compared to many other int'l shippers), but due to complicated reasons I'll only get to fiddle with it come Sat. 
wink.gif

Nice ES...Congratz..

And fiddle you will......
cool.gif
      Listening to some Grados w/ W8 laptop right now with it....Delicious...

beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #490 of 3,093
Quote:

Nice ES...Congratz..

And fiddle you will......
cool.gif
      Listening to some Grados w/ W8 laptop right now with it....Delicious...

beerchug.gif

Hey HeatFan12,

thanks; but the main issue is whether the NFB 11.32 is user-friendly enough (drivers etc.). also, it did not ship with a user-manual.

I believe you will be fine. No user manual is included. The site has the user manual of all the products. Just check the tabs of the product.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #491 of 3,093
Quote:
I believe you will be fine. No user manual is included. The site has the user manual of all the products. Just check the tabs of the product.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey HeatFan12,

I do hope so. Although I won't really get to fully experience the awesomeness until my headphones are delivered; and sadly they seem delayed lol. (yes I don't have anything atm to enjoy my NFB 11.32 haha, unless you count IEMs)

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #492 of 3,093
Had mine a couple of weeks. It runs AKG K701s excellently as I guess it should, on the figures. But you might worry that the clarity of the chip + the famous clarity of the cans = sterile. Not at all, just fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #493 of 3,093
Quote:
Hey HeatFan12,

I do hope so. Although I won't really get to fully experience the awesomeness until my headphones are delivered; and sadly they seem delayed lol. (yes I don't have anything atm to enjoy my NFB 11.32 haha, unless you count IEMs)

Congrats also!  IEMs most definitely count. Mine sound terrific with the 11.32 

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #494 of 3,093
Hi all, we are cooperating with VIA engineers to test with USB3.0 and WIN8. They report that they have tested on some PCs and do not have not any problems yet.
If you have experienced an issue with USB3.0 or Win8, please send a report to us, audio-gd@126.com
The email title: Report of USB3.0 (or Win8)
Include the below information:
1. Computer model (brand, CPU, memory)
2. USB type (2.0 or 3.0)
3. Operating system (Win7, Win8, or other) (32 or 64bit)
4. The issues you are having.

If you are using a tablet computer, please connect the device to the rear USB port. The front USB ports usually have the worst performance and may not work well.

If you have issue on Linux, please send email and tell us the Linux gear model and the Linux version as we like to buy the same model to test with. The VIA engineers informed us that the VIA chip only supports Linux on X86 chipsets and not on ARM chipsets.

Thanks all for your help and advice.

Mar 30, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #495 of 3,093
Hey guys,

I just got my NFB 11.32 and I'm trying to get it work. I followed the driver installation instructions. there isn't any sound.

In foobar i get 3 types of errors:
1)"ASIO control panel creation failed : Hardware not present" 
2) "Initializing ASIO driver failed"
3) "An error occured while querying "VIA DirectKSASIO" driver. Please stop ASIO playback and shut down any other software using ASIO.
Additional info: Initializing ASIO driver failed"

Do any of the above errors matter?

Anyone can point to what I did wrong?

Sorry this is all really new for me.

edit: it seems sound only comes out if I switch the knob to HP. what are the uses for the other 2: variable and fixed?

edit 2: when I try to choose "ASIO: VIa Direct ASIO" as my output device I get the following error: "Unrecoverable playback error: ASIO initialization failed : Hardware not present"
How do I fix this? (since it is the recommended one; plus KS won't work too) 

edit 3: the above problems still persist, and today a new one surfaced: my left earphone is louder than the right. I tested the earphones on another laptop and my iPhone and there was no such problem.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back