Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Nov 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #151 of 3,093
Quote:
Just to clarify and correct what Warrax says, my nfb-11.32 with firmware No.3 and driver 1.1 works perfectly in windows 7 at 16/24/32 bit and 44 - 192 Khz, and yes, 32 bits can be selected from the driver control panel and appear in windows 7 audio control panel also.
I tested it both with Foobar KS/Wasapi event (not push) and Winamp Maiko Wasapi.
Anyhow, while 352 and 384 Khz can still be selected from the driver control panel, they don't appear in the windows 7 audio control panel, and if I Sox to 352/384 in Foobar it doesn't work, only white noise and pops/clicks (while the driver 1.1 is claimed working with 352/384).  
So there is room for improving the driver to make it working in windows 7 with 352/384 Khz.

With the firmware 3 the gear can working in Windows and mac osX with up to 384K , we have test the USB32 cooperate with TI PCM5102 and succeed playback 384 /  352 K DXD files.
The problems is not on the driver, but the ES9018 can't working with 384K in our test .

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #152 of 3,093
Quote:
Well, just installed my NFB-11.32 to a W8 laptop and working flawlessly right now with Foobar (v1.1.16) wasapi event.  Still have to test the other renderers.  Don't know how many driver versions are now for the 11.32 but I'm on v.1 and all is good and sounding delicious with some Senns....

Wish I could say the same for my NFB-15.1 (TE8802)...lol....The TE8802 does not like W8...It plays lovely with XP, Vistax86 & x64 as well as W7.  Hopefully Kingwa will update the drivers for the TE8802.

Cheers!!!

Ok, to the above picture...
Under Windows 7
I have there only 44,1K and 48K sampling options... those 88,2K-192K are there not even listed.
To the bit depth... I have there all three options, but only 16-bit and 24-bit can be selected.
Under foobar, If I am trying to play anything 88,2-192K, it will fail, and if I am trying to play 32-bit file, it will fail too.

The drivers I am using are v 1.0 and firmware No.1. Well, it seems, that you are using No.1 too, and it is working for you as it should, so I really don't know, where is the problem.

Now, to the random freezes of NFB11.32, during the playing of sounds.
I was able to discover, what is causing this issue. The power. Better said, the shortages in power line. I've noticed, when for example refrigator runs its engine, or printer, or even my table lamp (which is connected to same power slot as computer and NFB11.32), it will cause freezing. So, when some demanding power device will run, it will make a little shortage in power line... the lights dims a little for a bit of second, and they restore... The computer can handle these power line shortages without problems, because it's power supply is quality one (I have Seasonic power supply), but it seems, NFB11.32 not. Maybe, every power line in every house, is other, some powerlines are maybe less sensitive for this. But here, powerline just makes a little shortages with high-demanding device run out...
Well, now interesting point: NFB12.1 has resisted these shortages without problem. But now, NFB11.32 don't. For me, it seems, that this new kind of transport over USB, Asynchronous one, is much more sensitive for power drops-out, and shortages. And the drivers, or firmware, just cannot handle it. Maybe, when some data over USB, was lost, NFB12.1 just played it like white noice, but NFB11.32 is loosing the synchronisation and software cannot handle it. I would say, it can be easily repaired, when firmware is better coded... it just check, when this happen, and will not crash, but handle it.
Don't know, if this is related to Sabre chip, or firmware, but this device simple cannot stand the power-line drops-out, and it's very sensitive. I would say, in state, how it is now, the external power supply is needed... that will make the power to NFB11.32 stable all the time. But external power supplies are expensive, so there need to be something done.

I've tested this both, under Windows XP and Windows 7, and on both platforms, problem occured, so it's for sure related to NFB11.32 itself and asynchonous USB transfer. (I will test it with coaxial transfer too, and let here know)

There are still other problems, like message in Windows, that this device should work better, with USB2.0 Hi-Speed mode... even when Hi-Speed more is enabled, and NFB11.32 is connected to USB port with Hi-Speed. Does anybody have this problem too? (maybe this is related to chipset drivers - I have P5Q Deluxe motherboard with Intel P45 chipset). I have tried all USB ports I have, but same results.

I will try to update Firmware to No.3.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #154 of 3,093
It took a couple weeks before I got mine. I can say that with warming gone excessive brightness, and Excessive amount of bass. Not long ago bought Win 8, worried that the device will not work, but everything is fine. Seen device with Ultrasone Pro 550 cable Sigma Acoustics Titan and very pleased with the purchase. Also advise the new arrivals do not skimp on a good usb cable for at least soothe the soul 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Dear Kingwa whether the company plans to release special drivers for the operating system Windows 8?

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #155 of 3,093
Glad to be an owner and join this thread. Mine shipped yesterday and should arrive this coming week. 
Looking forward to plugging in and experiencing that WOW moment and many more after.

I plan to use from USB out of my MBP to the 11.32.  Would you all please give suggestions for cables?

Do I need an adapter, resistor, or ? between the USB output and the 11.32?

After the reading about the issues with Windows I am hopeful that as I'm using a MAC with Mountain Lion, I won't have them.

Would anyone with a MAC and OSX 10.8 post about using the 11.32, please. 

How do I check the firmware version on the 11.32?

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #158 of 3,093
Quote:

I plan to use from USB out of my MBP to the 11.32.  Would you all please give suggestions for cables?

Do I need an adapter, resistor, or ? between the USB output and the 11.32?

After the reading about the issues with Windows I am hopeful that as I'm using a MAC with Mountain Lion, I won't have them.

Would anyone with a MAC and OSX 10.8 post about using the 11.32, please. 

Mate I can't give you suggestions as I'm still new to the head-fi world, but I can tell you that the standard USB cable shipped with the 11.32 is ok, better than the other USB cables that I had spare. Though I did upgrade to a Wireworld Ultraviolet USB cable and did notice improvements in the soundstage and slight increase in edge details in the lows and highs. I would recommending at least trying some cables out. While there probably are better options out there, I'm happy with the Ultraviolet.

You shouldn't need an adapter between the Mac and DAC, just the USB cable. Though I have a 2008 MBP and only the right hand side USB worked, but that is a problem with my MBP. The 11.32 is running fine on Mountain Lion with Fidelia, VLC, Spotify.

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #159 of 3,093
Has anyone here have problem, with NFB11.32 freezing, after some other device connected to powerline, is turned on/off (refrigator turn on/off, table lamp turn off, etc...). It happens only with USB connection, coaxial is of course fine.
This problem will force me to buy UPS power supply. NFB 12.1 didn't have this problem.

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #160 of 3,093
Quote:

Mate I can't give you suggestions as I'm still new to the head-fi world, but I can tell you that the standard USB cable shipped with the 11.32 is ok, better than the other USB cables that I had spare. Though I did upgrade to a Wireworld Ultraviolet USB cable and did notice improvements in the soundstage and slight increase in edge details in the lows and highs. I would recommending at least trying some cables out. While there probably are better options out there, I'm happy with the Ultraviolet.

You shouldn't need an adapter between the Mac and DAC, just the USB cable. Though I have a 2008 MBP and only the right hand side USB worked, but that is a problem with my MBP. The 11.32 is running fine on Mountain Lion with Fidelia, VLC, Spotify.

Very nice looking cable. I had planned on getting one and yours just jumped to to the top of the list 
biggrin.gif

Have you experienced the same problem as Warrax?

Quote:
Has anyone here have problem, with NFB11.32 freezing, after some other device connected to powerline, is turned on/off (refrigerator turn on/off, table lamp turn off, etc...). It happens only with USB connection, coaxial is of course fine.
This problem will force me to buy UPS power supply. NFB 12.1 didn't have this problem.

popcorn.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #161 of 3,093
Have you experienced the same problem as Warrax?

No I have not, (sorry to hear about your problems Warrax).

I have connected the 11.32 directly to the power socket, to a single power board and a second power board itself connected to another power board (eek). All is fine for me.

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #162 of 3,093
Has anyone here have problem, with NFB11.32 freezing, after some other device connected to powerline, is turned on/off (refrigator turn on/off, table lamp turn off, etc...). It happens only with USB connection, coaxial is of course fine.

Mate have you tried with another USB cable? If it works fine with Coax, hopefully it is just the cable.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #163 of 3,093
Took the plunge.....I ordered one of these along with the NFB6 preamp/headphone amp.  I will be using the 11.32 in the bedroom with my PSB M4U2's, and the Pure i20 as my source. Really looking forward to having my first dedicated headphone system. 
smily_headphones1.gif
  The NFB6 will be used in one of my systems, and I'm hoping for good things from that too!

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #164 of 3,093
Quote:
Mate have you tried with another USB cable? If it works fine with Coax, hopefully it is just the cable.

Yes, this is my last hope, I've read it recently in some other theme, if I remember correctly, it was NFB15.1 theme, that changing to other USB cable solved some similiar synchro problems of someone. I will for sure test it, and will let here know. If the problem would be ONLY the cable, I will be very very happy man.

But I don't think, when it doesn't happen with Coax, it is a proof, that it would not happen with USB transfer too. I have feeling, that coaxial transmition is based on other data flow, then this asynchronous USB transfer, but maybe I mistake.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #165 of 3,093
Quote:
But I don't think, when it doesn't happen with Coax, it is a proof, that it would not happen with USB transfer too. I have feeling, that coaxial transmition is based on other data flow, then this asynchronous USB transfer, but maybe I mistake.

Yeah, I think it is the last hope.

I agree that the problem could be a USB only problem, but what would be the cause? it could be the USB port / chip on the PC, it could be the USB cable or it could be the USB chip on the 11.32. Let's hope it is the cable.

If not you could also check if you have another USB device like a Camera connected to the PC via USB, and see what happens with the USB connection when there is a power fluctuation (i.e. turn the lamp on/off) to see if it is the PC or any USB devices - I would assume that a camera is best because it is self powered like the 11.32. If the camera works fine and is not disconnected (or reconnected) in windows, then I would assume that the problem is at the 11.32 end, otherwise it could be the PC loosing sync. 

Anyway good luck with another cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back