Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #32 of 3,093
Quote:
Hi.

I did receive my NFB-11.32 yesterday (this tuesday). My have the two TCXO's (12MHz and 80Mhz). At this time it is no idea to say much about the sound. It needs about 2-400 hours to settle.
I know that based on earlier experiences. The ESS-chip-based Dac's are slow in this "decide what to be"-area. My NFB-7 took about 600-700 h to open up the soundscape to where it is today.

Well I will say something about the sound. I am listening through HD650 silverwired. The install was easy in my Win 7 Ultimate x64 on an ASUS 1215B (AMD E-350).
I have only tried the USB-input. The sound is crisp clear for sure and I must admit that the jitter surely are reduced in this USB-chip as advertised. ..but at this moment rather flat and thin.... This will better up massively later I know.

I think Kingwa has a winner in this chip-combination USB-ES9018.

A very possitive experience for me/us is the fact that the USB works perfectly in asynchronous mode with Logitech Squeezebox Touch and Triode's applet: Enhanced Digital Output "EDO".

My NFB-11.32 is feeded right now, through my Squeezebox Touch with various music in various qualities in asynchronous mode. It will be burned in that way for a week for a start and sooner or later it will mature and then get a more juicy verdict from me. Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading

/Jan

Great to hear Jan...Good times indeed....

Quote:
Can you tell me what the shipping cost was to the US?........Thanks,Peter

Hi Peter,

DHL- $33.50

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #33 of 3,093
My NFB11.32 has arrived. Works fine on both Mac and Windows 7 via USB.
NFB11.32 delivers highly transparent sound with much details. NFB11.32 drives my HD800 easily, bass control is very tight and highs are crisp. NFB11.32 accepts 192k track and brings out the fine detail from the good recording.
I think this is very good value for the price.

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #34 of 3,093
i got mine too...

It sounded very good, with plenty of potential once burn in nicely.

It has one of those discrete solid state Burson feel. i think at least 100hours before opening up.

/p>

Dear Kingwa, what is the spare 8 pin ic on the browndog adapter that came with the package ?

On the whole,  great piece of audiophile art equipment ...

Aug 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #35 of 3,093
...what is the spare 8 pin ic on the browndog adapter that came with the package?

I think it is the chip containing NFB-11.32's modified USB interface firmware that KingWa has been referring to in his previous post on this thread:

By free interpretation of his words:

It contains USB firmware that allows users to change output volume in installed driver software or OS control panel. With original (pre-installed) USB input firmware chip the output volume in driver software and/or OS was fixed to 100% and non changeable.

Be warned that if you install firmware chip incorrectly - you will break your NFB-11.32!

(That most probably means that you can "turn chip around" and push it wrong way in it's socket by not taking care where pin 1 of the chip should reside. So be careful - take note of the orientation of pre-installed firmware chip before pulling it off and be sure you installed new firmware chip in the same orientation.)

Aug 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #36 of 3,093
Hi Wucy24,

Thanks...It is a great sounding package.
In reference to the TCXO, no I did not get it.  I wanted to get my order in quickly  for the promo units and honestly Kingwa's "stock" configurations are so ahead of the game in terms of components, features etc. that I figured it would be good nevertheless.

Cheers!!!

Testing the DAC now with a little tube love...Sounding good indeed...

Good thing I have a magnifying glass :p

Gratz on the new addition! I always wanted one, ever since they were discontinued hehe

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #37 of 3,093
Quote:
Good thing I have a magnifying glass
tongue.gif

Gratz on the new addition! I always wanted one, ever since they were discontinued hehe

Thanks .Sup,

I know, but you know about phone pics, the smaller they are the better they look....lol....
beerchug.gif

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #38 of 3,093
Thanks man....$33.50 is very reasonable to the US.Can anyone explain to me what the $20 TCXO (80mhz)upgrade for the ES9018 is?.....Worth it for 20 bucks?.........I've been looking at the 11.32 and the Twin 8741 Wolfson Dac chip in the Valab WM8741 from Taiwan.

Any feedback on Wm8741 versus the Es9018 would be much appreciated.....Thanks guys,Peter

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #39 of 3,093
Aw man...ever been bummed when a package arrived too early?

My HE-400  phones were due in next Tuesday. They arrived today. Unfortunately, I won't be back in the office (where my 11.32 is) until Wednesday
triportsad.gif
. I even checked the tracking yesterday, and it was still saying the 4th. So, I didn't bring the HP rig home with me today.

Luckily, my Decco2 has a decent HP out.....so I'll get to listen this weekend. But still, I was ready for the big 11 v. 11.32 and DT990/600 v HE-400 contest!

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #40 of 3,093
Quote:

I think it is the chip containing NFB-11.32's modified USB interface firmware that KingWa has been referring to in his previous post on this thread:

By free interpretation of his words:

It contains USB firmware that allows users to change output volume in installed driver software or OS control panel. With original (pre-installed) USB input firmware chip the output volume in driver software and/or OS was fixed to 100% and non changeable.

Be warned that if you install firmware chip incorrectly - you will break your NFB-11.32!

(That most probably means that you can "turn chip around" and push it wrong way in it's socket by not taking care where pin 1 of the chip should reside. So be careful - take note of the orientation of pre-installed firmware chip before pulling it off and be sure you installed new firmware chip in the same orientation.)

Hi Fau...Thanks...Just to keep track...the NFB11.32 did very well in the first 10 Hours...the changes here felt substantial, the sound opened up quite a lot...i wonder was it pyschological? Left it on for the night running a series of orchestra music file  ... and woke feeling it was completely change, the dynamic range improved, from the subtle flute to a large cymbal Crash...

I think EE Minimax Dac has found its match...

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #41 of 3,093
I Bought it!!!!!.......Ordered it with the 2 TCXO upgrades......Even though they were sold out of the 45 promo units,they still gave me the promo price of $299........Good guys to deal with,excellent communication.......I'm soooooo excited!!!!........Peter

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #43 of 3,093
Quote:
Congratz Peter...
beerchug.gif

I was listening to it earlier with some Grados to see if the detail would make the Grados too harsh or go off the piercing high end.  But alas, none of that, just a full-bodied, accurate presentation and guitars are kicking indeed...

Cheers!!!

Thanks Jesse.......you have some nice gear....Is that a tubed pre that you are using?.........I use the Yaqin CD3 Tube Buffer with 2 Rca V-231 tubes,sounds really sweet.Hope to get a Dared pre,pretty soon......Peter

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #44 of 3,093
Quote:
Thanks Jesse.......you have some nice gear....Is that a tubed pre that you are using?.........I use the Yaqin CD3 Tube Buffer with 2 Rca V-231 tubes,sounds really sweet.Hope to get a Dared pre,pretty soon......Peter

Thanks Peter...
beerchug.gif

That CD3 is very nice indeed and uses the 6SN7 tubes, which are great.  I have the CD2 which uses the EF95 family (6AK5, 5654, 403A etc.) and currently have it connected to an iPod dock and A5 speakers...

I use a couple of tube headphone amps that have a pre-out.  I'm going to move the 11.32 in a little while and pair it with my Rokits to see how it sounds...Good times, I think...

Cheers!!!!!

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #45 of 3,093
Quote:

Thanks Peter...
beerchug.gif

That CD3 is very nice indeed and uses the 6SN7 tubes, which are great.  I have the CD2 which uses the EF95 family (6AK5, 5654, 403A etc.) and currently have it connected to an iPod dock and A5 speakers...

I use a couple of tube headphone amps that have a pre-out.  I'm going to move the 11.32 in a little while and pair it with my Rokits to see how it sounds...Good times, I think...

Cheers!!!!!

I'm currently using EMP 55ti towers with the Revel T-7 sub.....very musical.I'll be interested to hear the USB input on the 11.32.On my other Dacs,I've always used the Opt/coax input from my computer to a Musiland 32/384 external soundcard.

I've found this to be better than USB.However it sounds like the USB on the 11.32 is far superior to USB inputs on older Dacs.This would be great,as the less things you have in the audio chain,the better,imho.......Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back