Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 21, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #2,236 of 3,093
Guess it was around 08/2104 (August 2014) is when the firmware was updated and starting using a different USB driver.
Do you know if your unit is pre-08/2014 or post 08/2014?

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #2,237 of 3,093
  Guess it was around 08/2104 (August 2014) is when the firmware was updated and starting using a different USB driver.
Do you know if your unit is pre-08/2014 or post 08/2014?

Thanks... I picked it up used on these forums. I was directed to this link and told to install version 2, , so apparently August 14th 2014:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

It was working fine on my laptop until I moved to my new build.

Aug 21, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #2,238 of 3,093
Hello everyone .. I want some help
I've got AMP/DAC which is NFB-11 and I've decided to buy a new AMP , so I bought Lyr2 , and to use tge DAC slide which is in NFB-11 and to use lyr2 as AMP.
But in NFB-11's options , there're some choices in Output as you see in the image

, and each option has a different sound , so what should I choose ? ( HP or Variable Fixed ) ?
My second question: Do I have to choose low gain or high gain in NFB-11 ? (and) in lyr2 , I choose low or high gain ?
Can I use NFB-11 as DAC only and turn its AMP off ?
And for record my headphone is ZMF OMNI.
I wish you can help me out here

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #2,239 of 3,093
  Hello everyone .. I want some help
I've got AMP/DAC which is NFB-11 and I've decided to buy a new AMP , so I bought Lyr2 , and to use tge DAC slide which is in NFB-11 and to use lyr2 as AMP.
But in NFB-11's options , there're some choices in Output as you see in the image

, and each option has a different sound , so what should I choose ? ( HP or Variable Fixed ) ?
My second question: Do I have to choose low gain or high gain in NFB-11 ? (and) in lyr2 , I choose low or high gain ?
Can I use NFB-11 as DAC only and turn its AMP off ?
And for record my headphone is ZMF OMNI.
I wish you can help me out here

The HP setting tells the NFB-11 to output audio thru the NFB-11's headphone jack and the (RCA) line-output would not send out any audio signal
The NFB-11's gain setting would have not effect anything connected to the NFB-11 (RCA) line-output.
You can use the NFB-11 as a DAC only, but the NFB-11 still needs to be turned on for the DAC function to work.
If you set the NFB-11's setting to Fixed, the (RCA) line-output will send out an audio signal at 100% volume, if you set the NFB-11 to Variable, the NFB-11's volume knob will control the volume level being set out (thru the line-output).
When the NFB-11 is set to Fixed or Variable, then NFB-11 will not output any audio signal thru the (NFB-11's) headphone jack.

As the Ly2 2 comes with it's own volume control, set the NFB-11 to Fixed, when you using the NFB-11 at as DAC, for the Lyr 2.

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #2,240 of 3,093

The HP setting tells the NFB-11 to output audio thru the NFB-11's headphone jack and the (RCA) line-output would not send out any audio signal
The NFB-11's gain setting would have not effect anything connected to the NFB-11 (RCA) line-output.
You can use the NFB-11 as a DAC only, but the NFB-11 still needs to be turned on for the DAC function to work.
If you set the NFB-11's setting to Fixed, the (RCA) line-output will send out an audio signal at 100% volume, if you set the NFB-11 to Variable, the NFB-11's volume knob will control the volume level being set out (thru the line-output).
When the NFB-11 is set to Fixed or Variable, then NFB-11 will not output any audio signal thru the (NFB-11's) headphone jack.

As the Ly2 2 comes with it's own volume control, set the NFB-11 to Fixed, when you using the NFB-11 at as DAC, for the Lyr 2.

So in my case can i use "Fixed" option ?
  Thank you

Sep 6, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #2,244 of 3,093

Try both. I found that variable allowed me to get even greater volume than fixed. So apparently, at least in my case, doesn't seem to output at max.

Sadly i just built a new PC and my NFB-11 drivers fail to install. So I'm currently stuck without my NFB-11 (HELP!!!!!).

Don't know if you're still having issues but I had to reinstall windows 10 as the system32 folder was corrupted due to a bad boot and I was stuck with trying to get it working but managed to get it to work when I told it to use the windows vista drivers through device manager and it worked instantly. Let me know if this works or if you already got it fixed :)

HD800 match?

I dont have the 800's personally but there are many in this thread that have said it's a great match. It has been an amazing match with my Audeze LCD 2's and my Sennheiser HD600's.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #2,246 of 3,093
  How the hell would I even order one of these? I emailed his paypal contact and nothing?

I don't understand how I could get one of these for my HE-400S :frowning2:

Make sure you are emailing audio-gd@vip.163.com with whatever you are trying to order. I received an email response the same day I sent it when I requested my NFB 11.

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #2,247 of 3,093
  Don't know if you're still having issues but I had to reinstall windows 10 as the system32 folder was corrupted due to a bad boot and I was stuck with trying to get it working but managed to get it to work when I told it to use the windows vista drivers through device manager and it worked instantly. Let me know if this works or if you already got it fixed :)

I dont have the 800's personally but there are many in this thread that have said it's a great match. It has been an amazing match with my Audeze LCD 2's and my Sennheiser HD600's.

I e-mailed Audio-GD and they advised me to point the install to a specific sub-folder and the Visa64 driver and that solved my install issue. Apparently if I just pointed it to the main folder it would try to install an incorrect driver. I'm glad too, I was consider reinstalling windows to try and fix my issue. Thanks for the assist, luckily Audio-GD came though with an assist a few weeks back.

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #2,248 of 3,093
I e-mailed Audio-GD and they advised me to point the install to a specific sub-folder and the Visa64 driver and that solved my install issue. Apparently if I just pointed it to the main folder it would try to install an incorrect driver. I'm glad too, I was consider reinstalling windows to try and fix my issue. Thanks for the assist, luckily Audio-GD came though with an assist a few weeks back.

Great to hear! I had the same driver issue :)

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #2,249 of 3,093
  How the hell would I even order one of these? I emailed his paypal contact and nothing?

I don't understand how I could get one of these for my HE-400S :frowning2:

They have a contact email listed on their page for ordering (I believe the e-mail mentioned above). Then they will get back to you telling what to do. I ended up buying mine from the for sale forum.

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #2,250 of 3,093
hey guys,

i have HD700 Plug into MODI2+MAGNI2 and i think i'll buy some Planar magnetic headphones in the future, and that sound come from Magni + modi i feel like it's meeh not good, not details, soundstage not wide.

i read in the internet about NFB-11 that it's good.

do suggest this for me ? and is it have great dac for the future if i want to upgrade i just buy new amp or tube amp ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back