Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
May 4, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,216 of 3,093
This is working fantastic as a DAC+preamp for my EF6 for the past months. With its variable RCA output I can get the preamp volume to exactly what's needed for the EF6 pot to deliver the most optimal range of volume control for different cans.

May 11, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #1,218 of 3,093
Just agreed to pick one of these up used   "32Bit /192K Audio-GD NFB 11.32 DAC/ headphone amp" no mention of upgrades etc... I thought the price was right

I have been wanting to try out a SS amp on my phones and the sabre dac will be interesting as well comparing to my uberfrost Schiit

currently my 2 amps are Schiit Valhalla,  And Ampsandsound SE-84 3WPC

current phones are  HIFI Man HE-500 and Sennheiser HD-650

any one used this amp with those phones, your impressions would be great
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #1,219 of 3,093
  In terms of the amplifier in the unit. What would be an equivalent stand alone amp. Is it similar in quality to an M-Stage, Asgard 2 ? Just trying to get a general idea where the amp section comes out in terms of power and SQ.

Does anyone know the answer to this?  I'm quite curious myself as I was thinking about getting this (or the 15.32) and selling off the M-Stage.

May 13, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #1,220 of 3,093

Does anyone know the answer to this?  I'm quite curious myself as I was thinking about getting this (or the 15.32) and selling off the M-Stage.

The amp section is pretty powerful and dynamic in my experience. It is not warm like the M-Stage, instead it is very neutral... and I feel it sounds more extended and refined then the Asgard, but not by much, mostly I notice less etched treble, and better detail with similar dynamics. I'd say overall the 11.32 is more detailed and refined then both, but not by a huge margin.

What is your current M-Stage driving?

May 13, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #1,221 of 3,093
  Just agreed to pick one of these up used   "32Bit /192K Audio-GD NFB 11.32 DAC/ headphone amp" no mention of upgrades etc... I thought the price was right

I have been wanting to try out a SS amp on my phones and the sabre dac will be interesting as well comparing to my uberfrost Schiit

currently my 2 amps are Schiit Valhalla,  And Ampsandsound SE-84 3WPC

current phones are  HIFI Man HE-500 and Sennheiser HD-650

any one used this amp with those phones, your impressions would be great
biggrin.gif

Good question. I want to find the answer too. Looking to Audio-GD NFB 11.32.  I have only HE-500, no DAC, no AMP...

May 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #1,222 of 3,093
The amp section is pretty powerful and dynamic in my experience. It is not warm like the M-Stage, instead it is very neutral... and I feel it sounds more extended and refined then the Asgard, but not by much, mostly I notice less etched treble, and better detail with similar dynamics. I'd say overall the 11.32 is more detailed and refined then both, but not by a huge margin.

Mainly it's driving my Q701; it sounds great with those. But it's way too dark when combined with a dark headphone like my new Mad Dogs. Still I'm mostly concerned about performance with the Q.

May 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #1,223 of 3,093

11.32 amp isn't as neutral as FIIO E12, it does have a warm flavor.

May 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #1,226 of 3,093

Thats Interesting, I never thought about asking how this would compare to Schiit Asgard 2,  I wonder how many would agree with your conclusions ?  also when you made the comparison how was the amp set up ??

which dac with asgard ??

Not calling your opinion into question I have never heard either, I have thought about the asgard and the lyr however I see to many negatives about noise floor on lyr.  I cannot deal with a noisy amp and so stay away from products where I see several complaints / indications about noise

May 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #1,228 of 3,093
  Thats Interesting, I never thought about asking how this would compare to Schiit Asgard 2,  I wonder how many would agree with your conclusions ?  also when you made the comparison how was the amp set up ??

which dac with asgard ??

Not calling your opinion into question I have never heard either, I have thought about the asgard and the lyr however I see to many negatives about noise floor on lyr.  I cannot deal with a noisy amp and so stay away from products where I see several complaints / indications about noise

With the Bifrost non uber. I also own a Lyr which I love. It can be noisy with certain tubes. I'm currently running some RCA's and they noise floor has been acceptable with 32ohm efficient cans like Grado's and Audio-Technica's.

May 13, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #1,229 of 3,093
  With the Bifrost non uber. I also own a Lyr which I love. It can be noisy with certain tubes. I'm currently running some RCA's and they noise floor has been acceptable with 32ohm efficient cans like Grado's and Audio-Technica's.

Hey KV, what exactly is acceptable in reference to the noise?  And what RCAs are you runnin'?  Sorry don't own a Lyr and don't know the tube complement off hand.  I have tube amps connected to both my NFB11.32 and NFB15.1 and they are dead quiet even with iems, Grados and AT.

Thanks!!!

May 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #1,230 of 3,093
No noticeable noise at normal listening volumes with the music stopped. At 60% volume with no music playing I get some background noise. With my hd800's its completely silent almost all the way to max... Some hiss shows up just as the pot runs out of travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back