Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Feb 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #437 of 3,093
Quote:
Overheating is a minor thing.
AG11.32 sounds awesome.
I can not imagine the sound of Audio-GD more expensive products, but I hope to find out soon!

That's I was saying, when up-grade-its hits, the Compass 2 or more?

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #439 of 3,093
Hi guys, my 11.32 arrived and although I haven't had a full chance to experiment with it, I'm loving it so far :) This is my first usb amp/dac and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

What output should I be using with my audio player? DS, WASAPI or ASIO? All my files are either MP3s or FLAC 44.1kHz. 

I really haven't a clue where to start with the settings on my player so I would appreciate any assistance.Thanks so much :)

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #440 of 3,093
Definitely not DS as it is not for bit perfect streaming.

Both WASAPI or ASIO (and KS) are designed to attempt bit-exact streaming.  I would suggest you start with Wasapi as it is usually the easiest to implement. 

If you are getting any performance issues (drop-outs or clicks/pops) with Wasapi you typically only need to adjust your output buffer settings (to a higher value) to solve those issues.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #441 of 3,093
Quote:
Definitely not DS as it is not for bit perfect streaming.

Both WASAPI or ASIO (and KS) are designed to attempt bit-exact streaming.  I would suggest you start with Wasapi as it is usually the easiest to implement. 

If you are getting any performance issues (drop-outs or clicks/pops) with Wasapi you typically only need to adjust your output buffer settings (to a higher value) to solve those issues.

Great thank you so much for the help :)

I have it set on WASAPI now and I'm finding it funny to deal with because other audio (such as Skype) can't play while I'm listening to music through my player, so I am unaware if I am receiving a call. Are there ways around this? 

Thanks again!

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #442 of 3,093
I'm sure someone will help with the Skype issue but I use Windows and have all other sounds turned off.

Careful though on your implementation....as other software programs may blast high-volume sound into your headphones when you are listening to music.

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #443 of 3,093
Quote:
Hi guys, my 11.32 arrived and although I haven't had a full chance to experiment with it, I'm loving it so far :) This is my first usb amp/dac and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

What output should I be using with my audio player? DS, WASAPI or ASIO? All my files are either MP3s or FLAC 44.1kHz. 

I really haven't a clue where to start with the settings on my player so I would appreciate any assistance.Thanks so much :)

Definetly use native ASIO driver support for USB32, which is ASIO - Via Direct KS. It's best.

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #444 of 3,093
My 11.32 was shipped with firmware #4. 

I just installed firmware #3 and installed the V1.1 driver to hear the difference against firmware #4.  I'm not sure why NF11.32 is recognized as "SPDIF Out".  Is this normal?  I'm using Windows 8 Professional 64 bit.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #445 of 3,093
Anybody interested, who uses the nfb via usb, who wants to try if this equalizer works for all windows applications (including youtube)? http://www.head-fi.org/t/649389/a-free-parametric-equalizer-for-windows-vista-7-and-8-that-doesnt-need-asio-or-vst-it-works-inline-at-the-os-level
This could be the solution who use a notebook or netbook, that don't have a digital audio output.

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #449 of 3,093
Quote:
Anyone have experience using this with ps3 via toslink? I really want one of these but if it doesnt work with ps3 thats a deal breaker...

Sorry to say that, but that's a stupid question. Nevertheless, for the sake of writing correct information, I use my audio gd dac with the ps3, obviously connected via optical cable.

Mar 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #450 of 3,093
I posted here a while ago because my nfb was skipping, it no longer does that. Now, my computer constantly fails to recognize the usb unit itself... I don't know if I need to change my firmware or drivers or what, but it is becoming very frustrating. I have tried the latest drivers, but they always fail to install (I think I have 1.0 drivers or 1.1 at the moment). I think I have firmware #3, But I don't know. I can post some pictures if you guys want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back