Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 30, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #2,720 of 3,093
How do you guys remove the top plate btw? After removing the screws I still find it hard to remove it as it is recessed and tightly fitted to the chassis with no place for grip to take it out.

Aug 31, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #2,722 of 3,093
Don't use sharp objects, that will definitely make scratches on the black aluminum.
Use something like duct tape. Stick it partly on the top plate, and then with a short pull you can take the lid off.

Aug 31, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #2,723 of 3,093
You should be able to loosen and pull it out with a thin knife for example.

Don't use sharp objects, that will definitely make scratches on the black aluminum.
Use something like duct tape. Stick it partly on the top plate, and then with a short pull you can take the lid off.

Whoa no way am I using a knife lol. Even my fingernail gave it a scratch!
I'll try a duct tape, but doesn't feel like it'll help much since it is quite tightly fit into the chassis.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #2,725 of 3,093
Yes don't use knife :)
I opened it with gopro glass mount with its suction cup. Also if you have car phone holder on windshield, you can use it. :)

Ooh suction cups! Should have thought about that. Thanks!

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #2,726 of 3,093
The switch on the back is for cutting the amp when no signal is received (in order to leave it always on if you wanted to do so)

Not quite - the switch is to toggle the mute function that is designed prevent pops when changing to and from DSD playback.
Not 100% effective in my experience, but it helps. Those pops can be very disturbing at high volume.

To quote Kingwa:

"Because the NFB11 had the hardware mute design , not as our other products had the software mute design, so we addition a switch for select active /suspend the mute design for remove the DSD music pop sound.
Even always stay on active state ,it still can working fine with PCM and DSD music."

I only turn it on when listening to DSD files.
I leave my amp turned on most of the time, often for days.

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,729 of 3,093
Quick question. I've had my NFB-11 (2015 version) for a few months now. I have one problem. Whenever I play something, it usually takes a second, has a small pop, and then starts playing. Then when I pause it, it pops again after a few seconds. Then I have to repeat the process. Is this normal? I can live with it but I'd rather not.

Sep 9, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #2,730 of 3,093
Quick question. I've had my NFB-11 (2015 version) for a few months now. I have one problem. Whenever I play something, it usually takes a second, has a small pop, and then starts playing. Then when I pause it, it pops again after a few seconds. Then I have to repeat the process. Is this normal? I can live with it but I'd rather not.

If your NFB-11 was made in 2015 it probably has the mute switch on the back like this. In position II it's designed to alleviate the switching noises (pops) when the DAC changes resolutions i.e. from 16 bit 44.1kHz to DSD. Does yours pop regardless of which type of files you are playing? If you leave in position II it should stop the popping but it does mean a pause before playback starts. The latest models have applied a software based solution to the problem so no more switch on the back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back