Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
May 28, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #2,506 of 3,093
My unit has passed customs in LA and is on the way. However, I am not overly hyped, I have a weird music perception. I like to listen on the lower volumes, and do appreciate quality sound. Have HD700/650, but also enjoy PortaPros ..

May 28, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #2,507 of 3,093
Do these guys have any US authorized dealers?

Or the only way to get is from China?

May 28, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #2,509 of 3,093
I don't know if they do. You can't even order them in normal fashion .. you email, they email back, you pay, they say "thanks", you wait, 30 days or so later they come ..

Wow. That's very inconvenient. Then if something happens you have to send them back to China for warranty work?

Their shipping charges also seem to be outrageous.

Looking at a Master 9 (only need an Amp, as I have an excellent DAC - Holo Spring KTE w/ Singxer SU-1), but it does not look like doable for me, unless I find something used in US

May 29, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #2,510 of 3,093
I bought the NFB-11 after reading about it here and watching a Zeos review. It's paired with HD-600 headphones. I'm very happy with it but have a question. I'm using only the first 90 degrees of the volume dial even though the gain switch is set to low. The volume becomes too loud for my ears after a quarter-turn.

Are there settings inside the chassis to reduce the power output? The device shipped with some plastic bits that might be jumpers (but not like any jumpers I've used before).

First post. :)

May 29, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #2,511 of 3,093
I bought the NFB-11 after reading about it here and watching a Zeos review. It's paired with HD-600 headphones. I'm very happy with it but have a question. I'm using only the first 90 degrees of the volume dial even though the gain switch is set to low. The volume becomes too loud for my ears after a quarter-turn.

Are there settings inside the chassis to reduce the power output? The device shipped with some plastic bits that might be jumpers (but not like any jumpers I've used before).

First post. :)
Try to use the "variable out" output in the back. It's cleaner sounding too, the headphone out is very tube-like.

May 30, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #2,516 of 3,093
May 30, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #2,517 of 3,093
Try to use the "variable out" output in the back. It's cleaner sounding too, the headphone out is very tube-like.

Interesting, I've never even considered trying that out. Does that method really sound that different compared to the normal headphone port?

Pretty curious about this, would you or anyone else mind providing some more in-depth impressions?

May 30, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #2,518 of 3,093
Interesting, I've never even considered trying that out. Does that method really sound that different compared to the normal headphone port?

Pretty curious about this, would you or anyone else mind providing some more in-depth impressions?

Variable Out comes out straight from the DAC, without going through the amp.
You can clearly hear the coloration of the amp, when A/B-ing it with the variable output.
The headphone output sounds like Little Dot MKIII, variable out sounds more like Geek Out V2.
Some headphones with a "thinner" sound benefit from the headphone output's coloration, others sound better on the variable out.

Output impedance is the same for both - 2 Ohm
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1132/NFB11.32EN_Specs.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back