Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Apr 26, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #2,161 of 3,093
And yes, I like it a lot with the HD650s, but there's tons of sibilance withthe HE-400s. This might go away with time, right?

The NFB-11 does not add sibilance. Rather it's very neutral and accurate, and, as such, can be revealing of sibilance in recordings.So if you have headphones that are prone to sibilance with recordings that have it, you certainly could hear it more, but the amp is not the issue.

Well I guess it's time to sell them or dabble with EQ.

And that makes sense. Since the HE-400 treble spike is likely the bigger culprit, eliminate the spike instead of rejecting the NFB-11 for a less neutral/accurate amp.

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #2,162 of 3,093
really can't understand how people see this dac as harsh.....

wondering how does it compare with the nfb 1....would that model keep this grade of neutrality or would refine it even more ?

maybe it's a long shot, but there might someone who has/had both 

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #2,163 of 3,093
Well damn. It's been 2-3 hours without any issues now since I changed the USB cable. And before that it was constant issues. Spotify stopped playing music like 10 minutes apart and games had audio stutter. But now it's been.. Perfect.

I hope it was just a crap cable. Because I'm in love with the DAC.

Perfect combo <3

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #2,164 of 3,093
Well damn. It's been 2-3 hours without any issues now since I changed the USB cable. And before that it was constant issues. Spotify stopped playing music like 10 minutes apart and games had audio stutter. But now it's been.. Perfect.

That's good news. Always good when a problem is solved by switching out a bad cable :beerchug:

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #2,165 of 3,093
  Because I'm in love with the DAC.

lol @ darth vader

​hope that love is not too great to make you pull mental triggers as your wallet might have a problem :D
we are already on not speaking terms :))

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #2,166 of 3,093
One question. Is it normal that when you crank the volume up past 2 o'clock in the NFB-11, there starts to be some level of background noise? Not exactly an issue since I'm not even close to maxing out the volume on my HD 650s. (stays mostly around 8-10)

Is it USB noise or noise from the amp? 

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #2,167 of 3,093
  One question. Is it normal that when you crank the volume up past 2 o'clock in the NFB-11, there starts to be some level of background noise? Not exactly an issue since I'm not even close to maxing out the volume on my HD 650s. (stays mostly around 8-10)

Is it USB noise or noise from the amp? 

Have you tried exclusive mode like wasapi or asio? 

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #2,169 of 3,093
if I understand what you're saying correctly it should be fine, if what you hear is constant and plain and only over 70% volume
if it's a sound that varies then it should be some sort of interference .... "hissing" in my book is not the same thing as "background noise" and also different than "noise"

if it's dead silent until 70% volume you have a good unit....I don't think we should expect more from an entry level like this considering he can also drive many headphones

try on high gain and see if what you are hearing appears sooner. 

Apr 29, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #2,170 of 3,093
  if I understand what you're saying correctly it should be fine, if what you hear is constant and plain and only over 70% volume
if it's a sound that varies then it should be some sort of interference .... "hissing" in my book is not the same thing as "background noise" and also different than "noise"

if it's dead silent until 70% volume you have a good unit....I don't think we should expect more from an entry level like this considering he can also drive many headphones

try on high gain and see if what you are hearing appears sooner. 

Yup, figured as much. And like I said, it's not really a problem since I can only pick it up if it's dead silent (not listening anything) and I don't have any cans that require so much power to go over that threshold anyway.

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #2,171 of 3,093
^^ Have you tried with high gain to see where the silence threshold is ?

May 1, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #2,174 of 3,093
  I don't think so...you can bypass the amp completely or use it as a pre-amp, but I don't think you can bypass DAC. 

+1
I think this is the rule for every aio dac/amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back