Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jul 31, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #1,786 of 2,569
The program only works on Windows 7/xp (idk about mac) (This is not said explicitly from Auidogd, don't try on Win10 less you're a guru)
I could do this manipulation on Windows 10 (without Virtual box). Don't ask me how. :) I just didn't know it's almost impossible. :wink: This version of sofware works on Windows 10: <<press>>
the R2R-11 has TWO DA modules that need to be both updated, seated on top of eachother. This is a major headache reaching the pins on the bottom module because there are about 3 giant capacitors blocking the connector you need to slide on.
I used the single wires connector type to connect each pin (it calls 'cable Dupont') successfully. Although it was a painstaking job to connect every tiny cable to small pins. I was lucky to connect all cables correctly on the first try.
Another way to connect to lower DA module is to slightly bend it's pins upward. But, I didn't dare to do this.

Attachments

• cable Dupont.JPG
    cable Dupont.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,787 of 2,569
Just got R2R 11. Had it for about a week now. The problem is im getting a very annoying static noise at low volume, high volume, optical. and even when its not plugged into a source. Theres always this white noise in the background and its very annoying. Any suggestions?

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,788 of 2,569
Just got R2R 11. Had it for about a week now. The problem is im getting a very annoying static noise at low volume, high volume, optical. and even when its not plugged into a source. Theres always this white noise in the background and its very annoying. Any suggestions?
Have you tried another input? USB or coax?

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #1,789 of 2,569
Have you tried another input? USB or coax?

Yes even with optical. I tried different USB ports on my PC and laptop. With just the power plugged in ( no usb or optical) I hear alot of static around 10 oclock. Is that normal? thinking of maybe plugging it into a surge protector instead of plugging it into the wall. Im not really sure. I read somewhere that some guy unplugged his router and it fixed his problem.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1,790 of 2,569
Yes even with optical. I tried different USB ports on my PC and laptop. With just the power plugged in ( no usb or optical) I hear alot of static around 10 oclock. Is that normal? thinking of maybe plugging it into a surge protector instead of plugging it into the wall. Im not really sure. I read somewhere that some guy unplugged his router and it fixed his problem.
Definitely sounds like a power-related issue. It's not normal behaviour.

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #1,792 of 2,569
Static also happened when I pushed the optical out playback quality beyond the unit's abilities.

Pushed optical to 192khz and heard static... spent 15 mins to find what it was and dialed it down to 96khz and it went away.

Oh and I have yet to hear any sort of pop from my 1 week old unit.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #1,796 of 2,569
Above 15khz would be bats chatting :p

Aug 3, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #1,797 of 2,569
Has anyone watched a movie/video when r2r11 is set to its max 32/384 setting in Windows
I played some videos using Powerdvd and Mediaplayer classic and no sound comes from r2r11. I had to tone down the seting to 32/192 to make it work

Aug 6, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #1,798 of 2,569
Hello fellas, so my r2r 11 finally arrived (after almost a month + being hit with customs) and it was plug and play, didn't have to install any drivers (my laptop runs on windows; weren't macs and linux the only ones supposed not to need any drivers?). So anyway, the thing is that a series of pops (similar to the ones you hear on many vinyls but more annoying) occur every 5 seconds or so throughout any song I play (so not between them when bit rate and whatnot might change).

I play music via VLC at 100% (max is 125%) connected via USB 3.0 (even though the USB cable it comes with is 2.0 so there's no benefits there right?),r2r 11 in high gain and then into my AKG K712.

So do I need to update any thing, install any drivers, should I just contact Kingwa? Thanks guys!

Aug 6, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #1,799 of 2,569
Hello fellas, so my r2r 11 finally arrived (after almost a month + being hit with customs) and it was plug and play, didn't have to install any drivers (my laptop runs on windows; weren't macs and linux the only ones supposed not to need any drivers?). So anyway, the thing is that a series of pops (similar to the ones you hear on many vinyls but more annoying) occur every 5 seconds or so throughout any song I play (so not between them when bit rate and whatnot might change).

I play music via VLC at 100% (max is 125%) connected via USB 3.0 (even though the USB cable it comes with is 2.0 so there's no benefits there right?),r2r 11 in high gain and then into my AKG K712.

So do I need to update any thing, install any drivers, should I just contact Kingwa? Thanks guys!

Try lowering it to a lower bitrate? I had static when I pushed optical all the way to 192khz. Disappeared when lowered to 96khz.

Aug 6, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #1,800 of 2,569

Install the Amanero driver, it is rather mandatory on PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back