Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Dec 26, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #436 of 2,569
What-Is-Pop-Art.jpg

Where are you located? I will gladly buy the R2R 11 from you for FULL FACE value + shipping. Send me your PayPal info via PM.

Thank you

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #437 of 2,569
Chill man, and buy a Schiit.... Audio-gd is not for you. Life is too short too loose time like this.:)
Why Audio-GD is not for me ? Do all products have the much-loved pop ?
Where are you located? I will gladly buy the R2R 11 from you for FULL FACE value + shipping. Send me your PayPal info via PM.

Thank you
I "still" do not own one, but I thought you already had one.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #439 of 2,569
@Renato Fury
Audio-gd is for people who value sound quality first. You are way too focused on a quite insignificant detail that should be ignored by most people. And no, not all of their gears have the popping sound. But i assume all the r2r design do. Again just upon changing sampling rate or depth. I practice, at least for me, it is of no importance.

I hope you get rid of that fixation cause it's been going on for quite a while. Life is too short. Take care.

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #440 of 2,569
Seriously now, I've read some comment that say the R2R 11 has a sound that looks like life, Kingwa himself said it sounded like reality, what does that mean ?
It means with a transparent setup, especially with speakers, you have the illusion of a performance happening just in front of you, especially with well recorded live performance with accurate stereo rendition. That is a trick the r2r 7 can pull in my setup with some specific records. Vocals are particularly convincing. Drums. Pretty much everything.

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #442 of 2,569
So, you're telling me that you're complaining about a product you don't even own?
I found the perfect amp, so I find out that it has this feature, but maybe @FredA is right, maybe I can get used to pop, maybe it's not even that loud, but answering your question, apparently you did not see the video I sent, just have ears to hear the pop, I do not need to have a product to know its characteristics, be they good or bad.

Dec 26, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #443 of 2,569
Upsampling everything to 352/384 with the r2r 7 brings the popping sound to a level low enough that it becomes a non issue. Using a good software upsampler will improve sound quality as well. It gives you better dynamics.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #446 of 2,569
For people too annoyed by the pop, I found that relaying the audio through Virtual cable (listen to this device -> amanero) almost eliminates all pops and crackles. Not all of them but a lot. I can't hear any audio quality change, all it does is passes the sound through.
You could then also use this https://www.ohl.to/about-audio/audio-softwares/head-fit for crossfeed and eq if you wish. This even further reduces popping but can otherwise be a bit buggy.

edit: replacing the exe with newer savihost http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm (vst2) you can minimize it to tray

edit2: I found Pedalboard2 works much better as the vst host. I'm using it through windows audio, ASIO was a little buggy.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #447 of 2,569
Does anyone here have the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home ? I'd like to know how it sounds in R2R 11.

I'm wondering about this as well. I'm getting the Amiron Home and I'm not sure if I should go for the R2R 11 or the NFB-11.28. Are there anything about the Amiron that whould make them pair better with one of them in particular?

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #448 of 2,569
@Renato Fury i have only the 770 and they sound great with the NFB-11.
But no one can assure you that you will like the R2R. Everything is personal. As I see you want the R2R go ahead and buy it and stop asking always about the pop and thousand other things. Just buy it. It is not that expensive and you can sell it if you don’t like it. I did the same and just ordered both.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #449 of 2,569
Just received my R2R 11 yesterday. It's replacing Schiit stack (Magni 3/Mimby 2). I thought this would be lateral move but it sounds like upgrade to me. I've been using Sennheiser HD 6xx and Fostex TH-X00 and compared to Schiit stack, sound is much open and refined. Much better instrument clarity and lush presentation.

In case anyone is wondering, no pop switching between Tidal, Spotify and Youtube.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #450 of 2,569
@Renato Fury i have only the 770 and they sound great with the NFB-11.
But no one can assure you that you will like the R2R. Everything is personal. As I see you want the R2R go ahead and buy it and stop asking always about the pop and thousand other things. Just buy it. It is not that expensive and you can sell it if you don’t like it. I did the same and just ordered both.
But they are different, they say the Amiron's signature is similar to that of the HD 650, and I do not know how a soft headphone as it will behave with an equally smooth amplifier, as for pop, I'll stop asking questions about it because I realized that your qualities overcome this defect, as well as the other thousand questions, well, no one is forcing you to answer them, neither you nor anyone, but if you think it's cheap then buy one for me, because in the country trash where I live I will have to pay five times what an American would pay. But even then I thank you for the answer, thank you and stay with God. :D
Just received my R2R 11 yesterday. It's replacing Schiit stack (Magni 3/Mimby 2). I thought this would be lateral move but it sounds like upgrade to me. I've been using Sennheiser HD 6xx and Fostex TH-X00 and compared to Schiit stack, sound is much open and refined. Much better instrument clarity and lush presentation.

In case anyone is wondering, no pop switching between Tidal, Spotify and Youtube.
Modi 2, Modi 2U or Modi Multibit ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back