Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Oct 30, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #137 of 2,569
Just saw the Z review of the r2r in which he says that it might accentuate the noise floor. Can anybody say anything on the matter? Noise floor can be a real big problem for me in some recordings (acoustic orchestrations by Glenn Gould might be the finest example of how can a masterpiece be ruined by it)
I don't observe any noise floor. 100dB should still be well beyond audible.

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #140 of 2,569
Just saw the Z review of the r2r in which he says that it might accentuate the noise floor. Can anybody say anything on the matter? Noise floor can be a real big problem for me in some recordings (acoustic orchestrations by Glenn Gould might be the finest example of how can a masterpiece be ruined by it)

Noise floor attenuation is a side affect of Non-oversampling (NOS).
I believe I already linked the scientific paper here which explains it.

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #141 of 2,569
Is there any way to remove this pop ? I was watching the analysis of Zeos and I found this sound very irritating, I prefer R2R 11 for its musicality but if I do not have a way to remove them then I will have to be content with the analytical sound of NFB 11.28.

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #145 of 2,569
Hi guys, haha still deciding if i should go and get the R2R.11. I'm bothered with that popping/clicking sound from Z review. Should i be bothered if my only files are 24/96/192 Flac's. No DSD files? Since the popping sounds on every tracks are from USB i suppose?

Last question, anyone have tried testing R2R11 or 11.28 vs. Jotunheim? Thanks again!

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #146 of 2,569
Hi guys, haha still deciding if i should go and get the R2R.11. I'm bothered with that popping/clicking sound from Z review. Should i be bothered if my only files are 24/96/192 Flac's. No DSD files? Since the popping sounds on every tracks are from USB i suppose?

Last question, anyone have tried testing R2R11 or 11.28 vs. Jotunheim? Thanks again!
Get a Topping DX7 honestly, NOS DAC's attenuate noise floor so it won't compare to a dual mono setup like the DX7.

Also this popping in the USB interface is pretty bad on his part, basically increasing the price by a minimum of $55 (for a SMSL xUSB) in order to run int properly unless you have a computer with a coax output already.
Even Optical outputs are more rare these days on computers.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #147 of 2,569
I will heck the Topping DX7. Thanks! How about Jotunhem? Would you recommend it? Although it's 500usd + shipping/taxes.. Atleast the upgrade path is much easier because of the balanced output..

Get a Topping DX7 honestly, NOS DAC's attenuate noise floor so it won't compare to a dual mono setup like the DX7.

Also this popping in the USB interface is pretty bad on his part, basically increasing the price by a minimum of $55 (for a SMSL xUSB) in order to run int properly unless you have a computer with a coax output already.
Even Optical outputs are more rare these days on computers.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #148 of 2,569
I will heck the Topping DX7. Thanks! How about Jotunhem? Would you recommend it? Although it's 500usd + shipping/taxes.. Atleast the upgrade path is much easier because of the balanced output..

The DX7 is also balanced output, for headphones and also supports external balanced amps and has AES input too if you have studio gear.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #149 of 2,569

I would also like to buy the R2R 11 but this popping is what is stopping me, I sent an email to the company and they told me that this noise is low but this is unacceptable for me, but in compensation the neutrality of the NFB 11.28 worries me because the last thing I want is a tiring and tiring sound.

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #150 of 2,569
I would also like to buy the R2R 11 but this popping is what is stopping me, I sent an email to the company and they told me that this noise is low but this is unacceptable for me, but in compensation the neutrality of the NFB 11.28 worries me because the last thing I want is a tiring and tiring sound.

When I listened to it at the meet I wouldn't say it's so low noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back