Audio-gd NFB-10
Feb 28, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #616 of 2,860

Quote:
How is this NFB-10 related whatsoever?

Oh yes, the ES9018 is just awful based on the demand that pushed Kingwa to bring back his ES gear, and companies such as Oppo that are using it in their high end transports.

The NFB happens to use a DAC chip.......it's a loose association granted ....he asked a general question of which I attempted to answer without getting into too much detail.

Peete.

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #617 of 2,860
Quick noob questions pertaining to the use of my nfb10. Is it safe to switch from headphone to dac out on the fly? Or do I have to turn off my music each time I switch. Also, is it possible to use both balanced and SE headphone out at same time?? Thanks in advance. 

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #618 of 2,860
Quick noob questions pertaining to the use of my nfb10. Is it safe to switch from headphone to dac out on the fly? Or do I have to turn off my music each time I switch. Also, is it possible to use both balanced and SE headphone out at same time?? Thanks in advance. 

I don't see anything wrong with switching from headphone to dac on the fly. At least, this is exactly what I have been doing. Certainly you can use both balanced and SE outputs. The only problem is you have one volumn control for both of them. I can't use them at the same time because my balanced HD600 needs 9 o'clock but K702 wants something between 10 and 11.

Mar 1, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #619 of 2,860
Quote:
Certainly you can use both balanced and SE outputs. The only problem is you have one volumn control for both of them. I can't use them at the same time because my balanced HD600 needs 9 o'clock but K702 wants something between 10 and 11.

I wish you luck with that, seeing as the balanced output has twice as much power.
Quote:

No problem. If you're like me switching between amp-> speakers and headphones, you might want to turn off the speaker amp while switching I've gotten some "pops" before doing this.

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #620 of 2,860
NFB10-ES non-usb, powersuply filter outlet and my powercable came.... too bad they forgot to ship my DI and PSU :frowning2:

Mar 1, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #621 of 2,860
@Baird Gow
They shipped my my NFB10ES and DI in separate packages. Probably same to you. Did they give another tracking number?

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #622 of 2,860
This is rather full of fail, all of my email from gmail were undelivered, had to send from my corporate email to finally get a delivery ack.

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting audio-gd.com. We have received your email and our Customer Service team will be responding to you soon.

You may also refer to http://www.audio-gd.com/En%20audio-gd.htm for more information.

Best regards

Kingwa

hmph.

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #623 of 2,860
Thanks for the responses 
beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #624 of 2,860
svyr: I've had a few people who live in China unable to receive ANY emails, even when email was sent to up to 4 different accounts! I have an idea why this is, but it can't be discussed on the forums. A knowledge of the internet in China will be enough to guess.

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #626 of 2,860

Quote:
@Baird Gow
They shipped my my NFB10ES and DI in separate packages. Probably same to you. Did they give another tracking number?

Yea turns out that when they told me that my goods shipped they forgot to mention my di and 2 psus would not go out for like 2 weeks after my nfb-10. luckily i have optical out on my mobo (glad i bought a good one)

Quote:
Maybe audio-gd should try to get their own forum on head-fi as a place for people to contact audio-gd? I doubt posts there will get lost in the ether like with emails.

Seems like a poor idea unless it's private. But then they might as well use PMs.

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #627 of 2,860
Maybe audio-gd should try to get their own forum on head-fi as a place for people to contact audio-gd? I doubt posts there will get lost in the ether like with emails.

they're running a business, doing it via head-fi = giving head-fi commercial in confidence and private customer info. (even if it is via pms). If huddler get attacked and the info leaks = not so good.
plus they'll then depend on huddler and head-fi maintenance, etc. (It'll also be quite funny if somewhere in huddler T&C they state that all the customer info in the customer sites belongs to them lol... Probably not, but you never know)

>svyr: I've had a few people who live in China unable to receive ANY emails, even when email was sent to up to 4 different accounts! I have an idea why this is, but it can't be discussed on the forums. A knowledge of the internet in China will be enough to guess.

wow....

Yaay, ordered my NFB-10WM (Edwin also said, only the ES versions come with the new clock)... Allegedly the lead time is 15 days.

Now I really really need to sell my Beyer T5p :D

=( I blame the D100 dying and the MD11 being a complete PoC.

Mar 2, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #629 of 2,860

Since audio-gd is a sponsor i think they can post in "Sponsor Announcements and Deals" area.

lol, as in, they pay (donate) money to head-fi to keep it running, and they should offer discounts to head-fi members? yea... makes sense. Still, with 1000s of people from all over the world online at most times, maybe it does make sense. (well, aside from using that area to announce new products)

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #630 of 2,860

Quote:

Yea turns out that when they told me that my goods shipped they forgot to mention my di and 2 psus would not go out for like 2 weeks after my nfb-10. luckily i have optical out on my mobo (glad i bought a good one)

You are lucky. My DI came first. It's totaly useless withouth a dac. Weird, they shipped them same day and DI arrived but NFB10ES didn't show up even from customs of my country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back