Audio-gd NFB-10 ES or WM
Jan 28, 2011 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

orjan-

New Head-Fier
I'm planning to buy my first head-fi setup, and i have decided to go for the NFB-10?? amp. But i have not decided the brand of headphones yet. I'm thinking about D5000/D7000 or HD650. In that price range. I'm planning to test the amp against the headphones, before i decide what headphone i will buy.

I have all my music on the pc in flac format, and i'm planning to play it from the opt/cox output on the integrated sound card (realtek ALC889). I'm a big fan of Celine Dion, Katie Melua, but i listen to most types of music.

My problem is that i find it hard to decide if i should order the ES or WM version of NFB-10, the usb interface on WM is not important, and the price difference is ok too. So the only factor I'm thinking about is the sound.

I hope that some of you can share experiance and opinions about the versions and help me decide. I have been reading most of the NFB-10 forum thread, but that didn't help much on the decision

Jan 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 3
You should first figure out what HP you like and then choose, wait for a few more impressions to show up on the NFB-10 thread.  Most have said a lot of positive things about the LCD2s and NFB-10ES, that should be a good indicator that the NFB-10ES will also have good synergy with the 650s.

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 3
I had the same dilemma do I go with the NFB-7 with the ES chip or the NFB-8 with the WM?  I have and love my audio-gd DAC 19 which uses the PCM1704UK chip set.  I have HD650s and LCD-2s on pre-order.  I asked Kingwa which was closest to the PCM1704 and he said the Wolfson so that's what I chose.  I am still waiting for delivery.  The good thing about audio-gd is either choice will sound great because all of Kingwa standards for tuning to acheive quality sound signature are so high. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back