Audio-GD Master 9
Apr 1, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #2,431 of 2,563
Had anyone directly compared the Master 19 to one of the regenerative power offerings from Audio GD?

Apr 3, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #2,432 of 2,563
My Singxer SDA-6 PRO 2 DAC ended up showing up in the mail today. This puppy is making for an awesome pairing with the Master 19. Both the Singxer and the Master 19 have a rather large soundstage on their own. Putting these 2 units together has truly created a 3D like soundstage. It really sounds awesome. Bass is extremely tight and detailed. Bass resolution and extension are both excellent. Mids are rich with excellent body, and instruments sound very realistic. Even more micro details are popping up now. Vocals are more up in front. Treble detail is fantastic. It is nice and smooth with very quick decay. There is no grain at all. Snare hits sound correct as well. I always listen for this when I get new gear.

The Master 19 was already excellent paired with the Gustard X18, but sound quality is just flat out better now across the board when paired with the Singxer SDA-6 PRO 2. It totally sounds like these 2 units were meant to be paired together.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #2,433 of 2,563
I’m considering buying a Master 19, I’ve seen a French forum where some people mentioned a faint noise (heard from the headphones) with or without music coming from Master 19, has anybody experienced that? Thanks!

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #2,437 of 2,563
I’m considering buying a Master 19, I’ve seen a French forum where some people mentioned a faint noise (heard from the headphones) with or without music coming from Master 19, has anybody experienced that?
The 19 is one of the two most dead quiet amplifiers I've ever had or heard.
The other being the Ragnorak 2.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #2,438 of 2,563
I’m considering buying a Master 19, I’ve seen a French forum where some people mentioned a faint noise (heard from the headphones) with or without music coming from Master 19, has anybody experienced that? Thanks!
No noise on mine either (on high gain) but I haven't driven a lot of very sensitive headphones on it. The most sensitive is the H1000SE and no perceptible background noise or hum can be heard.

One thing I do notice is a subtle noise (can't really describe it) when I go from volume 31 to 32. Doesn't affect music or channel balance but a subtle click (through the headphone) is there only at that specific step.

Mine also gets very warm (borders on being hot but not painful to touch). Anyone else's M19 behave similarly?

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #2,439 of 2,563
No noise on mine either (on high gain) but I haven't driven a lot of very sensitive headphones on it. The most sensitive is the H1000SE and no perceptible background noise or hum can be heard.

One thing I do notice is a subtle noise (can't really describe it) when I go from volume 31 to 32. Doesn't affect music or channel balance but a subtle click (through the headphone) is there only at that specific step.

Mine also gets very warm (borders on being hot but not painful to touch). Anyone else's M19 behave similarly?
Yes, every once in awhile, my volume knob will have a click or two that is audible through my headphones but nothing major.

Apr 4, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #2,441 of 2,563
Yes, every once in awhile, my volume knob will have a click or two that is audible through my headphones but nothing major.
"Four-channel 100 steps digitally controlled relay-based volume control avoids channel imbalance and improves sound quality."

The best feature of them all😍

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #2,442 of 2,563
"Four-channel 100 steps digitally controlled relay-based volume control avoids channel imbalance and improves sound quality."

I don't have any very expensive gear but the M19 driving HE1000SE fed by Ares II is probably the best sound I've ever heard. The sound and the tactile sensation of the volume knob while the M19 is on is really cool though.

Apr 4, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #2,444 of 2,563

Yes! I also put a rubber band around the volume knob for a better tactile feel and "grip".
IMG_20240404_173947506_HDR.jpg

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #2,445 of 2,563
Yes! I also put a rubber band around the volume knob for a better tactile feel and "grip".
Amazing idea. My mind always said something about the volume knob not being right. This was it!

Thanks for being faster than my mind.....took me since 2021 september to think of this!....thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back