Audio-GD Master 9
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #2,446 of 2,556
Amazing idea. My mind always said something about the volume knob not being right. This was it!

Thanks for being faster than my mind.....took me since 2021 september to think of this!....thanks!
You bet!

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #2,447 of 2,556
Amazing idea. My mind always said something about the volume knob not being right. This was it!

Thanks for being faster than my mind.....took me since 2021 september to think of this!....thanks!
I went on Amazon and searched "fat rubber bands". Lol.

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #2,448 of 2,556
I went on Amazon and searched "fat rubber bands". Lol.
Im on it! Best advice ever for Audio-gd!....Kingwa I hope your hear/read this! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #2,450 of 2,556
I did the same thing on my Holo Audio Bliss KTE amp.
With an orange rubber band, of course. Lol.

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #2,451 of 2,556
The Master 19 really is an awesome headphone amp. I don't think there is anything else out that matches it for the 880 US price. You pay zero for markup or advertising. All of the money you pay is going directly into the product you get.
I see maybe the Burson Soloist as its direct comp but to me, the M19 sounds better even with the Soloist in poweramp mode.

I’m still a relative noob in this hobby but when I started out, I bought into these popular websites and youtubers claiming that DACs dont matter or that Topping A90 is the best measuring amp, with the implication that it reproduces great sound.

Only after hearing/testing for myself (mostly midfi gear) did I realize how far away from the truth these statements are.

And to think I bought my M19 from a fellow headfier for slightly more than what I paid for the A90 new, I now know to trust and rely on my hearing than some internet experts, measurements, or even price as an indication of sound quality that fits my tastes.

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #2,452 of 2,556
I see maybe the Burson Soloist as its direct comp but to me, the M19 sounds better even with the Soloist in poweramp mode.

I’m still a relative noob in this hobby but when I started out, I bought into these popular websites and youtubers claiming that DACs dont matter or that Topping A90 is the best measuring amp, with the implication that it reproduces great sound.

Only after hearing/testing for myself (mostly midfi gear) did I realize how far away from the truth these statements are.

And to think I bought my M19 from a fellow headfier for slightly more than what I paid for the A90 new, I now know to trust and rely on my hearing than some internet experts, measurements, or even price as an indication of sound quality that fits my tastes.
I've had five Burson products over the years. None could match the 19.

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #2,455 of 2,556

The rubber band is singing for all audio-gd users.

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #2,456 of 2,556
See above posts
I bought a bag of 50 rubber bands on Amazon.

Rubber Band.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #2,458 of 2,556
I bought a bag of 50 rubber bands on Amazon.

Rubber Band.jpg
That's the one!

I like using a rubber band on a volume pot like the one on the Master 19. It is a slippery knob and when I turn it without the rubber band, for some reason I feel like I don't get it exactly where I want it to be like it slips out of my hand or my hand moves too fast. With the rubber band on, I have a more controlled turn. I can even use one finger and it moves exactly the amount I want with no slippage.

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #2,459 of 2,556
This rubber band was the only one that appeared to fit the bill. Less than $10 USD for a pack 50.

PATIKIL Silicone Rubber Bands Rings 50pcs Non-Slip 1 1/4" Flat 5/16"

Stretchy and should fit nice and snug. My volume knob gets toasty in the summer though.

Arriving Saturday, let's see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back