Audio-GD Master 9
Feb 22, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #2,401 of 2,624
If you're worried about power, get a Master 10 speaker amp, and a DAC with a volume control, such as one of the R-27 models. An R-27HE by itself is enough for even the Susvaras, but if you never want to worry about upgrading again....

Feb 22, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #2,402 of 2,624
If you're worried about power, get a Master 10 speaker amp, and a DAC with a volume control, such as one of the R-27 models. An R-27HE by itself is enough for even the Susvaras, but if you never want to worry about upgrading again....
Yes I think the HE9LE should be even better than the amp in R27HE.

Same output power specs, but REG difference may have better impact I dont know…

However. Susvara is hungry I have to admit the HE9LE is enough for me….

I want overkill when it comes to volume but thats just me. When I see the volume is on 80/100 sometimes I get worried🤣

But with HE1000 Stealth as an example I feel like the amp will blow out the planars at only 40/100

Feb 22, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #2,403 of 2,624
Yes I think the HE9LE should be even better than the amp in R27HE.
Definitely. The separates are always at least slightly better.

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #2,404 of 2,624
I just acquired a Master 19 and it should arrive next week. I'm excited and looking forward to it driving my HEK Stealth planars. I mentioning this on this thread because it seems to have more traffic on the 19 then any other thread. Hey, they're both in the same family...

Feb 25, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #2,405 of 2,624
I just acquired a Master 19 and it should arrive next week. I'm excited and looking forward to it driving my HEK Stealth planars. I mentioning this on this thread because it seems to have more traffic on the 19 then any other thread. Hey, they're both in the same family...
Congrats - and - Enjoy! - and remember the break-in will take time. Depending on how much they already have from the factory. I think a good 500hours will do.

With HEK1000 Stealth this will come down to preference. I would recommend the LOW gain mode. I am also on this mode with Susvara even though it needs more volume(HE9LE).

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #2,406 of 2,624
Congrats - and - Enjoy! - and remember the break-in will take time. Depending on how much they already have from the factory. I think a good 500hours will do.

With HEK1000 Stealth this will come down to preference. I would recommend the LOW gain mode. I am also on this mode with Susvara even though it needs more volume(HE9LE).
Thank you. I was gonna start with the low gain. The gentleman I purchased from is the original owner and purchased 11 months ago directly from Audio GD. He says he has less than 100 hours.
It has 100 from the factory.

Feb 25, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #2,407 of 2,624
About ACSS... an excerpt from the website:
"HE-9 MK3 built in a true balanced design applying the newest ACSS design . It seems complex , but in fact they are the most simple design the world has ever had , their a lot components to process the power supply. The HE-9 MK3 built in amp only has a single "voltage" gain stage to process signals, but works in ACSS mode so in fact it is a current gain stage instead of voltage gain stage, whereas normal OPA chips already include two or three voltage gain stages. The simplest and shortest signal journey brings out the most neutral and least colored sound."

Is AGD´s ACSS tech. similar/related or the same as SATRI used by Bakoon amps?
Why is there a difference when one uses XLR vs ACSS cables/analog output stage? Isn´t the signal processed in the same "current mode way" inside the amp? If so why would type of cable/output make a difference?
...built in amp only has a single "voltage" gain stage to process signals, but works in ACSS mode so in fact it is a current gain stage instead of voltage gain stage, whereas normal OPA chips...

...All signal gain is in current, achieved by the unique, superb open-loop multiple output current mirror...

Whatever that means...

I´m interested in that also because someone mentioned that a certain Planar synergises really well with SATRI amps and their current output.

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #2,409 of 2,624

So you have the HE9LE...
May I ask what amplifiers you had in the past that make you prefer the HE9LE?

Feb 25, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #2,410 of 2,624
So you have the HE9LE...
May I ask what amplifiers you had in the past that make you prefer the HE9LE?
I have not owned any amps in this price range before(mostly AIO). Trying is not the same as owning, even though I tried most of the amps in same price range. I have not tried the HE9LE before purchase, it was the Susvara purchase that made me realize from the hype I need a powerful amp. I just google for 2-3months and was impatient...with my budget. Audio-gd seemed to be the best buy in the price range. I have tried much more expensive amps, but trying and owning is too different things.

I am so sure Audio-gd amps will give a different perspective in sound than the built-in amps even at the expensive AIOs. Wait till you try it on a cheap delta-sigma dac. If the Master19 makes you curious about ACSS like it did to me, I would choose R1N/DI20HE or 24HE over the R8HEMK3. Easy pick, not even a discussion. However thats another talk. The DI from Audio-gd are not DDC imo. So much influence in sound it feels like you are listening to the DI more than the DACs. For R1N it is a 50% jump in performance. Head to Head with R8H2 alone.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #2,411 of 2,624
I have not owned any amps in this price range before(mostly AIO). Trying is not the same as owning, even though I tried most of the amps in same price range. I have not tried the HE9LE before purchase, it was the Susvara purchase that made me realize from the hype I need a powerful amp. I just google for 2-3months and was impatient...with my budget. Audio-gd seemed to be the best buy in the price range. I have tried much more expensive amps, but trying and owning is too different things.

I am so sure Audio-gd amps will give a different perspective in sound than the built-in amps even at the expensive AIOs. Wait till you try it on a cheap delta-sigma dac. If the Master19 makes you curious about ACSS like it did to me, I would choose R1N/DI20HE or 24HE over the R8HEMK3. Easy pick, not even a discussion. However thats another talk. The DI from Audio-gd are not DDC imo. So much influence in sound it feels like you are listening to the DI more than the DACs. For R1N it is a 50% jump in performance. Head to Head with R8H2 alone.
Thank you for that.

Feb 29, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #2,412 of 2,624
New Master 19 owner.

Oooooooooh... LOVELY piece of kit. Transparent as all-get-out.
Very, very happy.

IMG_20240229_171856111_HDR.jpg

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #2,413 of 2,624
Go all in on Audio-gd if you really have some experience with a lot of systems or else start out slowly.
Not much experience but as an avid road cyclist I tend to go fast.
Get the HE-9 MK3 first if you are certain it is going to be the high-end. Then dac.
X26pro sold first and HypsOor as expected within a few days after that so...
I use XLR through Loki Max and also ACSS for fun!
It is a wrong place to ask questions, as Audio GD DAC is a trap. Once you got it you stop researching.
I hope so... couldn't convince myself of any other DAC.
Let me say that HE-9 LE will blow the OOR out of the water
I really hope burn in is real because first impression trumps my expectations/hopes 👍💯

Hard to say which is responsible for my close approach to audio nirvana but after starting looking into upgrading DAC+AMP more then half a year ago I considered and looked into/read up on 10+ configurations and now I'm in full AGD mode! 🤯

I wich you could hear it, rather then looking at that picture😜

IMG_20240307_124917~2 (2) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg

Mar 7, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #2,414 of 2,624

I really hope burn in is real because first impression trumps my expectations/hopes 👍💯

Hard to say which is responsible for my close approach to audio nirvana but after starting looking into upgrading DAC+AMP more then half a year ago I considered and looked into/read up on 10+ configurations and now I'm in full AGD mode! 🤯

IMG_20240307_124917~2 (2) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg
Wow. Damn impressive.
Have you compared your current HE9 Mk 3 versus the Master 19? If I get rid of the Master 19, I'm considering going up the chain.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #2,415 of 2,624

Congraats!😎👍

Wait a minute is that the R7HEH3???

Dayum! Thats my dream setup. Congrats! That is what I call All-in!😎

Is the R7 to far away for 1meter cables?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back