Audio-GD Master 9
Mar 7, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #2,416 of 2,559
Have you compared
no because...
Wait a minute is that the R7HEH3???
yup!

...I also wanted to have regenerative power supply versions. By chance other pieces will be added in the future so I´ll have no "fear" pluging DAC/AMP into the regular power strip and still have PSM156 slots available.

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #2,417 of 2,559
no because...

yup!

...I also wanted to have regenerative power supply versions. By chance other pieces will be added in the future so I´ll have no "fear" pluging DAC/AMP into the regular power strip and still have PSM156 slots available.
Cool. Yeah I actually do that myself with HE9/R8, I use the DC Filtering-only sockets on my powerstrip.

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #2,418 of 2,559
On the train to CanJam NYC...

IMG_20240309_073510857_HDR.jpg

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #2,419 of 2,559
Has anyone compared the master 19 or 9 with acss connection vs a non-audio-gd amp ?

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #2,421 of 2,559
If a good tube amplifier has enough power for headphones, it will sound better.
For example, Cayin HA-3A on RCA sounds more lively with my headphones than Master 9P on ACSS with Audio GD R-7HE MK2.
When playing from a cassette deck, the situation is exactly the opposite.
Master 9P sounds natural, large-scale and it's fascinating on any recordings.
This is certainly the merit of the source.
At the same time, the Cayin HA-3A sounds clamped down and boring.
The reason is a weak signal (0.7 V) at the line output of the cassette deck.
I can't explain this transformation in any other way.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_0151.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #2,422 of 2,559
For example, Cayin HA-3A on RCA sounds more lively with my headphones than Master 9P on ACSS with Audio GD R2R MK2.
Cassette deck.
Damn.
My man is going old school.

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #2,423 of 2,559
I've been familiar with tape recorders since the late 1970s. Last fall, the desire to remember that very sound led me to a used equipment store. The result was the purchase of two cassette decks at once.
It can't be helped if the digital files recorded even on the initial Type I cassettes sound better, not to mention the top-of-the-line chrome from Maxell and TDK. :slight_smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #2,424 of 2,559
For example, Cayin HA-3A on RCA sounds more lively with my headphones than Master 9P on ACSS with Audio GD R-7HE MK2.
Planars like current. Current is much more important then wattage for planars.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #2,425 of 2,559
I've been familiar with tape recorders since the late 1970s. Last fall, the desire to remember that very sound led me to a used equipment store. The result was the purchase of two cassette decks at once.
It can't be helped if the digital files recorded even on the initial Type I cassettes sound better, not to mention the top-of-the-line chrome from Maxell and TDK. :slight_smile:
I have an old TECHNICS RS-TR232 dual cassette from the early 80's myself, in perfect working condition, almost mint. Its not in use, but I miss the old cassette sound. As close to vinyl as you can get IMO

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #2,426 of 2,559
yes, but what metrics to look for in an amp, to figure out if it has enough or how much current it has? thanks!

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #2,427 of 2,559
yes, but what metrics to look for in an amp, to figure out if it has enough or how much current it has? thanks!
First place you are covered is from your DAC with option of ACSS. Audio-gd current technology. I assume. On the picture marked in read is on the headphone layout. Under it is the preamp section I assume, the transparent wire you see on the bottom right is to the ACSS output. Same goes for the DAC sections.
1711876297986.png

1711876321970.png

1711882233448.png

The current numbers(MA) is for the preamp, I think they may be the same without know anything about numbers

Kingwa got you, got us all covered:sunglasses:

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #2,428 of 2,559
First place you are covered is from your DAC with option of ACSS. Audio-gd current technology. I assume. On the picture marked in read is on the headphone layout. Under it is the preamp section I assume, the transparent wire you see on the bottom right is to the ACSS output. Same goes for the DAC sections.
1711876297986.png

1711876321970.png
1711882233448.png
The current numbers(MA) is for the preamp, I think they may be the same without know anything about numbers

Since I was looking for a SS amp for D8kp, SolP I was aware of the fact that
Plus a member over in a Kennerton thread mentioned quite frequently guys should try out bakoon.jp amps with SATRI tech for that reason.

Asking audio-gd@vip.163.com about ACSS vs SATRI tech the reply was: "the tech is similar"
Alright then - he maybe knew I wouldn't understand anyways...

I went "full AGD" and also got HE9 mk3!

Anyways, I would really like to know what specs/formular tell/s me how much current an amp delivers @HP outs. Only ever see how much Watts@Impedance an amps delivers @ HP out...
Maybe one needs some basic understanding of amp design/electronics to realize but the same issue is discussed with Tungstens...
Well one can believe in, trust that...
On the other hand, I now experience what I like to call a "full AGD" set up, which by itself gives me "just" that... an experience, a specific sound.
Without having heard many other devices/set ups I'm "just" content I followed my gut feeling/6th sense! 🧐

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #2,429 of 2,559
Since I was looking for a SS amp for D8kp, SolP I was aware of the fact that

Plus a member over in a Kennerton thread mentioned quite frequently guys should try out bakoon.jp amps with SATRI tech for that reason.

Asking audio-gd@vip.163.com about ACSS vs SATRI tech the reply was: "the tech is similar"
Alright then - he maybe knew I wouldn't understand anyways...

I went "full AGD" and also got HE9 mk3!

Anyways, I would really like to know what specs/formular tell/s me how much current an amp delivers @HP outs. Only ever see how much Watts@Impedance an amps delivers @ HP out...
Maybe one needs some basic understanding of amp design/electronics to realize but the same issue is discussed with Tungstens...

Well one can believe in, trust that...
On the other hand, I now experience what I like to call a "full AGD" set up, which by itself gives me "just" that... an experience, a specific sound.
Without having heard many other devices/set ups I'm "just" content I followed my gut feeling/6th sense! 🧐
Dayum! I see you got them MWAYs. Nice nice! - Keep the patience they need break-in.

Why do you have an EQ after this whole audio-gd "experience" ?

Going from headamp to the EQ and right back into the headamp?

---
Get a streamer that do that job. Just my advice. This will degrade less. EQ best practice is to do it before the processing. I could understand the need for EQ compensating a poor room treatment of acoustics, but headphones you should still keep this process in the streamer/source. Sorry for being critical here. It just makes me allergic reading any EQ after the whole audio chain. You are destroying all informations/details by using your method. I have done that 1000 times I know seriously what I am talking about here. However my opinion does not matter if you like that configuration better. Sometimes I don´t like the music to be sounding too good either, no joke. Too good sounding system can feel generic, so maybe that EQ are adding/subtracting something you like...
--

EDIT: I did not see the b) - well, that makes more sense. I see you have two chains one for each. Thats nice

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #2,430 of 2,559
yeah I got the Loki Max before and it sits in between DAC and AMP and not:
Going from headamp to the EQ and right back into the headamp?

Great thing RH7 HE/HE 9 combo provides a strong base for even more variations in terms of set up...
thinking about an active tube pre (Hattor)... or "full" tube amp just beside HE9... or as pre for it... or HE9 as pre for a tube amp...
Thought about it a lot, too much actually over christmas time but I always came back to that set up as the most "sane" choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back