Audio-GD Master 9
Jul 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #437 of 2,635

I second this.  He is a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks. He has been responsive and helpful to date.

Anyone compare the M9 to the Auralic Taurus MKII or Mjolnir?

Any reason that I would have issues (e.g. SQ degradation, connectivity, etc.) having the M9 and 105D connected via XLR and then run a pair of XLR from the 9 to my monoblocs for 2 channel listening, and connect the RCAs from the 105D to my 5 ch amp for 7.1?

Thanks

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #438 of 2,635
ACSS vs XLR , seems no different. If you're only going to use the pre-amp of the Master-9 you might want to consider Master-1 that's a pre-amp only, King-wa stated that Master-1 was a better pre-amp thatn Master-8, not sure about the 9.

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #439 of 2,635
Just ordered the M9. Looking forward to hearing it for myself after all the reading/research.

Also wanted to thank the folks on this, and other threads, for taking the time to share their insights and impressions.

A special thanks to Articnoise and Greed who were especially helpful and generous with their time and provided detailed answers to (many) questions. 

beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #441 of 2,635
  Hey Shaker,

What headphones will you be listening with?

Either the LCD-X or LCD-3 (trying to stick with one serious HP).

I'm comparing both now and leaning toward the X. I'm hoping the M9 is delivered soon enough that I can listen to both LCD's on the M9 before making a final decision. Right now all I have is the Oppo 105D and the headamp leaves a bit to be desired, especially with the 3.

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #442 of 2,635
Listening to XC's (on loan from a friend) on the M9 right now. Very balanced yet quite enjoyable & engaging , one more HP that needs to be added to my collection.
ph34r.gif
F@*K. And I though I was done for this year.

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #443 of 2,635
The Master 9 with the LA-900 and HE-6 modded are simply the most musical combo I ever heard in headphones- and yes I owned a BHSE and SR-009 and SR-007, HE90, HE60, Qualia, R10, LCD-3,  etc.....

The transparency, detail and dynamics of these headphones with the Master 9 is incredible.  The soundstage when using "Fidelia FHX crossfeed" from my Mac is GARGANTUAN.  The tonality is FULL and pleasant on the ears.  If I did not feel the pressure of the headphones on my ears I could be fooled that I am listening to small speakers.   The LA-900 with the Master 9 specifically is the most speaker-like experience I ever heard on headphones. It is so "out of the head" that I do not know how it could sound any more real.

I am curious to try the HD800 with the Master 9 using my fuller sounding DAC.

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #444 of 2,635
  The Master 9 with the LA-900 and HE-6 modded are simply the most musical combo I ever heard in headphones- and yes I owned a BHSE and SR-009 and SR-007, HE90, HE60, Qualia, R10, LCD-3,  etc.....

WOW - now that's saying an awful lot.  Congrats.  That was a long journey.  

beerchug.gif

What DAC are you referring to?

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #445 of 2,635

The transparency, detail and dynamics of these headphones with the Master 9 is incredible.  The soundstage when using "Fidelia FHX crossfeed" from my Mac is GARGANTUAN.  The tonality is FULL and pleasant on the ears.  If I did not feel the pressure of the headphones on my ears I could be fooled that I am listening to small speakers.   The LA-900 with the Master 9 specifically is the most speaker-like experience I ever heard on headphones. It is so "out of the head" that I do not know how it could sound any more real.

I use my HD800's with Master-6 & NFB-7 DAC. Superb sound, sounds full and dynamic. I am sure you will really enjoy the HD800/M9 combi.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #448 of 2,635
  I'm also interested if anyone has compared the M9 to the Auralic Taurus MKII?

Me too :)) . Asked the same question a month ago, and then bought the M9. ( i didn't find anybody to know how they compare )

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #449 of 2,635
  Me too :)) . Asked the same question a month ago, and then bought the M9. ( i didn't find anybody to know how they compare )

Yea, I've also been looking for that comparison a for a few months now but to no avail.  On another note, I've been reading some of the audio articles on your page, it's great stuff.  Have your impressions of the M9 changed at all after having it for a few weeks?

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #450 of 2,635
The only amps I would like to hear side by side to my M9 would be a liquid gold and a GSX.
But I'm not curious enough to plunk down +3k and wait 6 to 18 months to find out that they only sound a little different and not better.
I guess I will never find out what nirvana sounds like. Wait.......I just found some old CDs marked Nirvana! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back