Audio-GD Master 9
May 14, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #2,176 of 2,563
The Audio-gd headamps are pretty neutral. This is perfect for Audio-gd R2R DACs but might not be ideal for chipdacs, etc.

May 15, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #2,177 of 2,563
The Audio-gd headamps are pretty neutral. This is perfect for Audio-gd R2R DACs but might not be ideal for chipdacs, etc.
Considering extraordinary size, yes. Not much art in amplification is required when sound is already simplified. In studio production or DS DAC. It is easy to design nested feedback amp AAA style using computer simulation. However for R2R DAC, especially NOS implementation and choice of music, there is no option but a bigger size.

Jun 24, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #2,179 of 2,563
Hey folks. I have a Audeze LCD-X (newest revision), Focal Clear MG, Quad Era-1 headphones and wa thinking about getting a Master 19 or Master 9 amplifier. Can you tell me do these pair well with the EverSolo Z8 DAC? Would these amps suit my headphones that I already own ?

Jun 24, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #2,181 of 2,563
Master 19 should be similar. The decision should be based on whether you have enough cash and room for the Master 9. If you buy the Master 19 you will only be disappointed in the sense you know there is something even better in the world...

Jun 24, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #2,182 of 2,563
Master 19 should be similar. The decision should be based on whether you have enough cash and room for the Master 9. If you buy the Master 19 you will only be disappointed in the sense you know there is something even better in the world...
In my setup, the master19 sounds amazing and I'm hard pressed trying to imagine what kind of improvements the 9 will yield.

I know it would be a improvement but really I can't even imagine what that might be as the master19 already sounds so good.

Jun 25, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #2,183 of 2,563
In my setup, the master19 sounds amazing and I'm hard pressed trying to imagine what kind of improvements the 9 will yield.

I know it would be a improvement but really I can't even imagine what that might be as the master19 already sounds so good.

Yeah, I'm just thinking if Kingwa does something he has a very good reason. He earned our trust by not selling tons of models just for the sake of it.

It might not be audibly better with some headphones and sources, but it's definitely gonna be better in certain cases. And hardware wise, better power supply so it will be an upgrade if you want the best. Or maybe the 9P or HE 9 :)

Like you said though, we're certainly not suffering running our Master 19s!

Jun 25, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #2,185 of 2,563
Any thoughts on the R27 performance and sound wise? Are you losing out on much by not going for the seperate master 9 and r7 components?
Apparently you are losing out since there are less power supplies in the all in one units to lower the cost. Also I think the stage output is different aswell. I've had the r2r r1 and nfb38 which are all in ones and still really liked them despite not having the same quality separate units would have. Never tried the r27 though.

Jun 25, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #2,186 of 2,563
Any thoughts on the R27 performance and sound wise? Are you losing out on much by not going for the seperate master 9 and r7 components?
A DAC section in R-27 is equal to R-8, sharing the same DSP board. Power supply is on the same level. The headamp section should be considered somewhere between Master 19 and Master 9, but less sure about, rather the former.

The same with R28. It is a combo of R-1 and NFB-1AMP (not selling separately anymore).

Jun 25, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #2,187 of 2,563
A DAC section in R-27 is equal to R-8, sharing the same DSP board. Power supply is on the same level. The headamp section should be considered somewhere between Master 19 and Master 9, but less sure about, rather the former.

The same with R28. It is a combo of R-1 and NFB-1AMP (not selling separately anymore).

The dac sections are the same. I realize I had an email with audio gd with this comparison a few months ago. Heres the reply:

The R8 and R27 has the similar built in DAC .
The most different is the power supply and the output amp design .
If only use as the decent DAC , R8 is better slightly , but cheaper .

Kingwa

Jun 25, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #2,189 of 2,563
I would say: Master 9 has been replaced by the HE9-LE version.
Master 9P is an integrated amplifier, not really the same as a headphone-pre-amplifier.

Big disadvantage of the HE9-LE is the size of the unit though.
I'd love to see the HE9-LE in the smaller chassis like the R27RE / R27mk2 chassis size.
Don't see any reason why this would not be possible.

Jun 25, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #2,190 of 2,563
I would say: Master 9 has been replaced by the HE9-LE version.
Master 9P is an integrated amplifier, not really the same as a headphone-pre-amplifier.

Big disadvantage of the HE9-LE is the size of the unit though.
I'd love to see the HE9-LE in the smaller chassis like the R27RE / R27mk2 chassis size.
Don't see any reason why this would not be possible.
The HE9 has "power regeneration" for cleaner power supply, that's why it's bigger I believe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back