Audio-GD Master 9
Feb 23, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #2,161 of 2,563
I have a Meze Elite planar and I have to decide which amplifier to match.

I used to have the Elites and they were a fabulous pairing with the M9 and Holo Spring 2 KTE. Huge soundstage, excellent prat and natural sounding. The 100 step volume was a big bonus as the Elites are very easy to drive and the M9 puts out 9 watts into 32ohms.

I would stay away from warm, thick or slow sounding amps for the Elites. I know people use tube amps with Elites but it’s a thick and warm sounding headphone. The other option would be Burson or the neutral sounding Violectrics.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #2,162 of 2,563
I used to have the Elites and they were a fabulous pairing with the M9 and Holo Spring 2 KTE. Huge soundstage, excellent prat and natural sounding. The 100 step volume was a big bonus as the Elites are very easy to drive and the M9 puts out 9 watts into 32ohms.

I would stay away from warm, thick or slow sounding amps for the Elites. I know people use tube amps with Elites but it’s a thick and warm sounding headphone. The other option would be Burson or the neutral sounding Violectrics.
Thank you for the valuable advice

Apr 7, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #2,163 of 2,563
I got the Master 19 few days ago and i got as DAC IFI PRO iDSD, SMSL SP400 as amp. It is clear that master 19 isnt as sharp as iDSD or SP400 (THX AAA) but is a a lot more musical. The soundstage is just a lot bigger and more life like than both of those.
Really dark background as Audio-GD stuff tends to be, sounds just happens all over the soundstage.
iDSD is detail monster, all the metallic instruments tends to make your teeth hurt :D Master 19 is smoother and isnt going to drop your teeth but it is dynamic, 3D like lively sounding amp.
I was about to get the master 9 but as i read here master 19 is better option for the price so i didnt get it.
My favorite for sure.
For now :D
EDIT: after 40 hrs the MASTER 19 does out perform the SMSL SP400 on every way. Its now sharper, more revealing, more spacious and life like.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #2,164 of 2,563
Bye,
were any of you able to compare the master 9 and 9he with the ifi ican? Of the latter, it is interesting that in addition to being much smaller, it is also possible to intervene on the bass... I very much hope for some direct experience from you... Thank you!

May 13, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #2,165 of 2,563

Master (1)9 + Elite is a very good combination. I also have the violectric v280 and prefer the master 19 over it. Source is a rme adi-2 dac.

May 13, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #2,167 of 2,563
I had both the M19 and HE9 at the same time.

The difference is quite significant.

Your always going to see improvement with Audio-gd gear as you move up the product range. There is no(t much) marketing and the product quality and value speaks for itself.

May 13, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #2,169 of 2,563
I had both the M19 and HE9 at the same time.

The difference is quite significant.

Your always going to see improvement with Audio-gd gear as you move up the product range. There is no(t much) marketing and the product quality and value speaks for itself.

We should note for those not familiar with Kingwa's numbering, that lower numbers are higher (better) models.

May 13, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #2,170 of 2,563
We should note for those not familiar with Kingwa's numbering, that lower numbers are higher (better) models.

He's going to run out, may need to use negative members one day.

May 13, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #2,171 of 2,563
Has anyone every compared the he9 or master 9 to the bryston headphone amp? My buddy compared the two and preferred the bryston by a lot. Just curious. I currently have the he9.

May 13, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #2,173 of 2,563
Has anyone every compared the he9 or master 9 to the bryston headphone amp? My buddy compared the two and preferred the bryston by a lot. Just curious. I currently have the he9.
I heard the Bryston on one occasion. I was not impressed. Very different sound, maybe a bad combination with the HE400 I was auditioning.

May 13, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #2,175 of 2,563

Users who are viewing this thread

Back