Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Jul 24, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #2,926 of 4,451

I have no experience with the DI2014 and really have seen few reviews when paired with the Master 7.  I did see a comment that Kingwa thinks the DI2014 is slightly better than the new Amanero USB board upgrade. 

The Gustard U12 is not plug-n-play with the Master 7 HDMI I2S or I would wholeheartedly say give it a try first.  Pinout of the I2S port reverses polarity on two of the four signals.      

Oh that's a shame, i don't have the time to be modifying my master-7 otherwise i would have given it a go.

Is there an option to get the seller of the Gustard to modify the pins on it to match that of the Master-7?

Jul 24, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2,927 of 4,451

Oh that's a shame, i don't have the time to be modifying my master-7 otherwise i would have given it a go.

Is there an option to get the seller of the Gustard to modify the pins on it to match that of the Master-7?

I'm in the same boat. Just bought a Gustard U12 and want to pair it with my Master 11.

I want to find out the easiest way to do this. Even a DIY picture would be better than nothing.

I'm a visual person. :D
I can handle a soldering iron if so.

But an adapter or easier way would be nice. 

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #2,928 of 4,451
  I'm in the same boat. Just bought a Gustard U12 and want to pair it with my Master 11.

I want to find out the easiest way to do this. Even a DIY picture would be better than nothing.

I'm a visual person. :D
I can handle a soldering iron if so.

But an adapter or easier way would be nice. 

See my post to you on the Gustard U12 thread concerning cable modification to correct the HDMI I2S signals. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/736294/gustard-u12-usb-interface-8-core-xmos-chip/2085#post_11785188

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #2,931 of 4,451

Is it possible to fashion a DIY hdmi female to female plug that corrects the Gustard U12 to M7 pinout?

I haven't seen one.   Wouldn't be much call since HDMI most likely not ever need one. 

here's one example from audioquest.

http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Degree-Right-Angle-Adapter/dp/B00447S8GS

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #2,936 of 4,451
Nice video but still looks a bit difficult for someone not used to working with wiring.  Do you think Kingwa might sell a Master 7 HDMI kit configured for the Gustard.  Is that even possible?

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #2,937 of 4,451
  Nice video but still looks a bit difficult for someone not used to working with wiring.  Do you think Kingwa might sell a Master 7 HDMI kit configured for the Gustard.  Is that even possible?

I think it's worth a shot. Shoot @Kingwa an email.

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #2,938 of 4,451

Customer can send the different definitions to us for custom order the different definition of the I2S (RJ45 and HDMI ) ,we can promise the product can follow customer's request  but we can't promise the unit can working well with customer's device

At least for new products. Not sure if it can be done to existing product without sending it back.

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,939 of 4,451

Sure its possible.   You can change the HDMI I2S receiver chip to do a different one like the SN65LVDS390 which will correct the default U12 HDMI I2S signals.   You can also flop the wires on the current HDMI receiver chip inputs.  This is analogous to open heart surgery but skilled electronic rework personnel make this look easy.   Tell Kingwa you need to swap pins 1<-->3 and 7<-->9 on the HDMI receiver chip (LVDS048).  He may have other ideas as well.

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #2,940 of 4,451
The Audio-GD products with a HDMI I2S interface have a cable running from I2S pcb to mainboard.
You can ask Kingwa to provide you with a custom cable, provide him with the I2S pin-outs from U12.

Regards,

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back