Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Aug 12, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #2,986 of 4,451
  In this website
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/DSP1/DSP1ENspecs.htm

At 7th jumper, if you disconnect the jumper, then bypass the dsp-1 physically.

Thanks... That is an interesting find !
At the M7 product page, there is no mention in the jumpers chart of the Jumper7 DT Bypass mode/Oversampling mode Digital filter setting
http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-7/M7EN_Use.htm
It seems to suggest in the notes to use NOS mode to bypass the filter.

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #2,987 of 4,451
what reasons would you want to disable the DSP1?

or bypass it.?

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #2,989 of 4,451
is there other options than HQplayer?

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #2,990 of 4,451
If you're on Mac OS X, you can use Audio Midi Setup to change sampling rate output - the upsampling algorithm can't be customised though.

Just be aware that if you're on OS X and playing back with iTunes that your output sample rate is fixed based on settings in Audio MIDI setup - so if you playback a 48 kHz file but Audio MIDI setup is configured at 44.1 KHz it will be sent to your output device at 44.1. Quite sure this applies to most players. Yeh it's a pretty big deal - not sure what the work around are beyond manually changing settings before playing back higher res files.

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #2,991 of 4,451
I have a new Master 7. I want to try NOS
In the pictures of the Jumper Settings there are Jumpers to the left of the jumper names and also jumpers to the right
Which jumpers do I change to get NOS
Also can anybody who has done this describe the difference in sound from 8x upsampling to NOS
Thanks
Alan

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #2,992 of 4,451
  I have a new Master 7. I want to try NOS
In the pictures of the Jumper Settings there are Jumpers to the left of the jumper names and also jumpers to the right
Which jumpers do I change to get NOS
Also can anybody who has done this describe the difference in sound from 8x upsampling to NOS
Thanks
Alan

I liked this setting the best together with Offramp 5: PLL disabled, 2x oversample and 90db stopband. With this the sound strikes a good balance between resolving and coherent.  

Apparently I never tried true NOS because I and others thought that bypassing Jumper4 IPS0 was 1x oversampling, but it was not and Kingwa has updated the DSP-1 Jumpers setting. For NOS you need to bypass both Jumper4 IPS0 and Jumper5 IPS1.

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #2,993 of 4,451
I have a very stupid question. I want to take the cover off of my Master 7
What are the screws at the outside corners. What tool do you use to remove these
It looks like a screw head with a round whole in the center
Alan

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #2,994 of 4,451
What are the screws at the outside corners. What tool do you use to remove these
Alan

You need an Allen wrench. I can't recall the size exactly. Just buy a set of metric and standard Allen wrenches. They are usually pretty cheap and good to have around the house.

They hold the top on is all.

You may want a plastic wedge to lift up the lid. It sits nice and flush and tricky to remove otherwise. I used a plastic bone tool to put in the vent and lift it up slightly and grab the edge of the top lid to remove.

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #2,996 of 4,451
Depends where you're from! :wink:

And what's standard... You are right, I meant to say US standard.
Doesn't mean it makes sense...

I prefer metric over the U.S. Standard measurement system.
But whatever :wink:

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #2,998 of 4,451
Metric and Imperial...?

But come on, no one got a laugh out of "Alan" asking about the "Allen" screws?? When I saw him sign his name I immediately thought he was messing with you :p

I bit my tongue :wink:

I noticed that but decided to refrain from commenting.
I almost subtlety said you need an "Alan wrench" and purposely spell it with his name instead :)

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #2,999 of 4,451
Alan

Not a stupid question.  The outside fasteners are 3 mm hex.  The "hole" is actually hexagonal in shape.  You can find the proper tool in metric hex wrench sets.  The four down the middle are Phillips heads.  

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #3,000 of 4,451
You might want to get a set of metric hex keys. The screws are a little tight and can use the extra leverage..

You will also have to undo the four littler screws toward the middle..

Also, if you have any problem getting the top back on, loosen up the hex screws on the sides a little.

Yet another common way to refer to the Imperial/US Standard is SAE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back