Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp
Dec 5, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #437 of 878
Yeah I do think so and I have a question for you guys abroad, if you guys want to upgrade KingWa's production

Do you shipping them back to China or just sell them then get a new one ?

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #438 of 878
Quote:
Gee...!
Don‘t bite!
biggrin.gif

I know I'm pretty.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #439 of 878
Quote:
Yeah I do think so and I have a question for you guys abroad, if you guys want to upgrade KingWa's production
Do you shipping them back to China or just sell them then get a new one ?

I simply sell them through head-fi. Usually to a local aussie due to shipping costs (if it's a big unit).

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #440 of 878
Because his production upgrading fast , I wonder to know can they help customers to improve if that is possible

No doubt , I dont worry about the Master7 gets into the situation ...because I think it is a highly complete DAC for pcm1704UK already.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #442 of 878
I have had the Burson Soloist amp for about two weeks and compared it to my Master-6 - primarily with the HE-6, but also with LCD-2 and UM Miracle(!) Surprisingly the Soloist drives the HE-6 excellently and there is not much difference. However when I did yet another comparison test, I discovered that the Audio-gd has both a slightly warmer AND better resolved midrange. This could at least partly be because the Soloist is single ended only and that the SE cable I used might be a little lean sounding. Nevertheless I definitely get a higher resolved and slightly warmer sound with the Audio-gd, which to me is a sign of higher sound quality. This is in direct comparison to the Burson Soloist, which Mike at Headphonia states is the best solid state amp he has heard.

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #445 of 878
Just a quick clarification question: does the Master series of amps run cooler than the Phoenix?  I would seriously look at replacing my Phoenix with a Master 8 if it runs cooler.

TY in advance.

Lord Bless,
doug p.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #446 of 878
Quote:
Just a quick clarification question: does the Master series of amps run cooler than the Phoenix?  I would seriously look at replacing my Phoenix with a Master 8 if it runs cooler.

TY in advance.

Lord Bless,
doug p.

I don't know how hot the Phoenix gets but my Master-6 gets just barely warm after 3- 4 hours. The Master-8 is basically the same amp so should yield the same results.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #447 of 878
Quote:
I have had the Burson Soloist amp for about two weeks and compared it to my Master-6 - primarily with the HE-6, but also with LCD-2 and UM Miracle(!) Surprisingly the Soloist drives the HE-6 excellently and there is not much difference. However when I did yet another comparison test, I discovered that the Audio-gd has both a slightly warmer AND better resolved midrange. This could at least partly be because the Soloist is single ended only and that the SE cable I used might be a little lean sounding. Nevertheless I definitely get a higher resolved and slightly warmer sound with the Audio-gd, which to me is a sign of higher sound quality. This is in direct comparison to the Burson Soloist, which Mike at Headphonia states is the best solid state amp he has heard.

So the Soloist is excellent and the Master-6 is super excellent with the HE-6's.
The latter I totally agree with
wink_face.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #448 of 878
There is no hiss, but I hear trafo hum when no music is playing. Don't know if it is the trafo in the amp or what. Will check this in the weekend.

Hey Lars, how do the Miracles hold up with the Master6 , does it get hissy?

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #449 of 878
3 R-core power supplies, gobs of filtering, alum. chassis, fully balanced- it seems to me that the Master-5/6/8 can't lose in it's price bracket (and up). Is it $500 better?

Very difficult to say in terms of sound quality. In terms of build the Burson is nice and I like the looks better. The casing is also thick aluminum. However with the Master-6 you get a full size real preamp (which includes a remote and several in- and output's) and a much more powerful headphone amp.

In terms of size, weight and amount of components, the difference is also because of a minimalist design philosophy (less is more) versus a "the more the better" (if I may interpret Kingwa's style like this) philosophy. Burson makes a point of their desingby emphasizing the low number of components in the signal path in their latest amp. If you don't need balanced connections and preamp functionality is secondary, then the Soloist is an excellent choice.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #450 of 878
Quote:
Very difficult to say in terms of sound quality. In terms of build the Burson is nice and I like the looks better. The casing is also thick aluminum. However with the Master-6 you get a full size real preamp (which includes a remote and several in- and output's) and a much more powerful headphone amp.
In terms of size, weight and amount of components, the difference is also because of a minimalist design philosophy (less is more) versus a "the more the better" (if I may interpret Kingwa's style like this) philosophy. Burson makes a point of their desingby emphasizing the low number of components in the signal path in their latest amp. If you don't need balanced connections and preamp functionality is secondary, then the Soloist is an excellent choice.

Less is more is fine with me but the price is more for less it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back