Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp
Sep 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #16 of 878
You might ask Kingwa if the XLR out from the Master-5 is any better than the Phoenix since you're not using ACSS to your Brystons. Then again, you could go for the Master-2 Mono's and compare to the Bryston. It's only money.

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #17 of 878
eek.gif
 Very, very intriguing! Do report back on that beauty, guys, please.

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #18 of 878
I have had de C-1 Master mono-blocks for over a year, but sold them a few months ago after trying the Brystons. I thought they were a bit too neutral for my taste. They sounded boring and I was always yawning, trying to pop my ears open, while listening to them. I really like the sound of my current setup, but now it's time to try something new.

Sep 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #19 of 878
Yeah, I don't think his amps will ever be confused for dynamic. But this is why I have heavy sounding speakers (Mirage M7si) and headphone (D7000). His amps tighten these bass-heavy guys up and sound wonderful to my ear. I like that "wall of sound" that deep bass brings but I like it clean sounding.

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #20 of 878
It looks like it can work well with headphones as well as in a good speaker rig

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #30 of 878
Won't get a response until tonight- I asked too late. But I asked the difference between the 2 and he stated what is says on the website basically- "The different is the Master 5 output transistors is power by the class A PSU, the Master6 is not so have not power output limit."
The Master-6 is a bit more powerful than the Phoenix and I could run my D7000 at about a max of 18/99 on the Phoenix so I am concerned I'll be having the volume very low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back