Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Mar 10, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #1,681 of 2,556
Looks like we'll be able to upgrade to the full NOS version on our own if we want. Someone quoted kingwa in the dac19 thread.

Dear Sir, If you want to upgrade to the NOS version, you can just do few job can finished, but we need some days later for offer the upgrade kit. Kingwa

We will offer the upgrade kit in future later while the products hade some users reviews.Kingwa

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,682 of 2,556
Nice, any idea what the upgrade entails? Kingwa should really promote upgrade ability as part of Audio-gd feature set. Schiit hammered that point pretty loudly.

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #1,684 of 2,556
  Per the page linked to:

So does this mean we'll be able to upsample up to 768KHz on our PCs with something like HQPlayer, fed into the Master 11 and then bypass the M11's native oversampling? The PCM1704 can indeed accept a 768KHz input.

Also found this YT video of the Amanero Ultra M4 768 Khz. Wonder if this is the new USB input board?

The USB interface cannot handle more than 384 KHz now, according to the Audio GD homepage. It also says that “In Simulation test, it can support up to 768KHz even 1536 KHz input” To me it sounds like a good chance it will support at least 768KHz in the future, but only time will tell. 

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #1,685 of 2,556

New DSP software design with two NOS modes for the Master 7, Master 11 and DAC 19 will be released in April.

http://www.audio-gd.com/En%20audio-gd.htm

"Will offer the upgrade for all Audio-gd product users who own the DSP + PCM1704 product in near future!"

Wonder what that really means. Have BOTH the Master 11 for about four months for personal headphone use and just took delivery of a new Master 7 a few weeks ago for the main listening room.

Should have waited a bit?

Keeping in mind the shipping costs from West Coast US to China and back, it will be a pretty costly upgrade unless it's a board or just software somehow?

It’s hard to say if you can change it yourself or if you need to send it in from that is stated on the homepage.   

What’s even more interesting to me, is if this mod will make the M11 and M7 pure NOS DACs, or if we still will be able to use jumpers if we like to use 8x upsampling + digital filters.

Mar 10, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #1,687 of 2,556
Hi All,

I am a new owner of a Master-11.  Very impressed with initial sound quality impressions with my HEK.  

Can an experienced M11 owner please clarify for me regarding the analog input shorting operation on the M11.  
I have read the explanation in the website User Manual, but not totally clear, and certainly do not want to damage my external DACs which I may connect to the M11.
For example, I can think of 3 scenarios:
1. If for the analog inputs IN7(balanced), IN8 & IN9(RCA), I have 3 DACs connected to each of these 3 input, and if I select IN7 as the input on the front panel, then is it correct that IN8 and IN9 will be shorted?
2.  What if I select IN6 as input (internal DAC section), then will IN7 to IN9 all be shorted?
3.  What if I only connect only one DAC to IN9 only, and I select IN6 or IN1 or IN2 as input.  Will IN9 be shorted in this case?

I need to clarify these cases because I have checked with Chord,  and they inform me that the output of the Hugo should not be shorted for extended periods of time as it will damage the unit.

Also, is it possible to remove the analog input shorting feature of the Master 11 easily??

Thank you for any advice on this issue.

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #1,688 of 2,556
Really exciting news if it is just a ROM swap. An upgrade is always welcome. The advantage of some competitors like the yggdrasil is mainly with the upsampling. Kingwa has reacted quickly. Also, having a pure NOS possiblility is really interesting considering the upsampling can then always be improved with improved software on the PC side.

Mar 11, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #1,689 of 2,556

The USB interface cannot handle more than 384 KHz now, according to the Audio GD homepage. It also says that “In Simulation test, it can support up to 768KHz even 1536 KHz input” To me it sounds like a good chance it will support at least 768KHz in the future, but only time will tell. 

Ah yes, I think I understand what he was saying now. At first I thought he meant there would be a new USB interface to support 768KHz input as part of the upgrade. Seems we'll have to wait for that though.

He says that if/when it's released, we can upgrade to the new card without soldering. My money's on the Amanero Ultra M4 768 Khz being the next USB interface, hopefully to be launched soon. As a frame of reference, Amanero posted the Combo384 on youtube back in 2012 and began selling to the public a few months later. The Ultra M4 was put on youtube in August and there's not a single mention of it anywhere else across the webZ.

Pretty exciting that we have so much flexibility with the platform regardless.

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #1,691 of 2,556

Your M11 is un-U-shaped maybe is cos the jumper settings are not the same settings which be set in your U-shaped M7?

You can change the complete sound character of these products.

Lol doyouknowSBmean thought that it was the M7 that was U-shaped not the M11. In other words he preferred the DAC of the M11 to the M7.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #1,694 of 2,556
Can you order a HDMI I2S board for the Master 11 and install it yourself?

If so can you order it so that the wiring matches the Gustard U12?

TIA

I have a modded u12 that I'll sell for 60bucks + shipping:)
Has lvds upgraded for audio-gd HDMI pinout
Honestly the u12 sucks for all other outputs other than the i2s

I also have new pan 3300uF low esr caps
Class d dexa 5v regulator
Crystek 957 crystals
Gutted ac transformer.
Now it's DC power 7V input 2.5mm/5.5mm plug
One issue, hence its cheap, the coax doesn't work.

It's going to collect dust otherwise.
My modded diu8 is what I'm using now.
Now it's selling for way less than cost of parts alone.

Comes with old lvds IC and stock oscillators too, you can swap em to compare with the crystek's
Just the crystek with dip14 adapter boards cost 60bucks.
:p
If you like the u12 and have audio-gd. It's the best option. And installing a i2s HDMI module is stupid easy.
Order a stock "input" HDMI module from Kingwa. It will replace the rj45 that was stock. Screws into the same slot and plugs in. I believe the cost is about 20usd or something.
I have an extra output HDMI module, but not input...

I don't know if Kingwa can wire it for u12 or not. When I tried to ask him to do it.... Well... All was lost in translation. And after a dozen emails I gave up.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #1,695 of 2,556
I have a modded u12 that I'll sell for 60bucks + shipping:)

Has lvds upgraded for audio-gd HDMI pinout

Honestly the u12 sucks for all other outputs other than the i2s

I also have new pan 3300uF low esr caps

Class d dexa 5v regulator

Crystek 957 crystals

Gutted ac transformer.

Now it's DC power 7V input 2.5mm/5.5mm plug

One issue, hence its cheap, the coax doesn't work.

It's going to collect dust otherwise.

My modded diu8 is what I'm using now.

Now it's selling for way less than cost of parts alone.

Comes with old lvds IC and stock oscillators too, you can swap em to compare with the crystek's

Just the crystek with dip14 adapter boards cost 60bucks.

:p

If you like the u12 and have audio-gd. It's the best option. And installing a i2s HDMI module is stupid easy.

Order a stock "input" HDMI module from Kingwa. It will replace the rj45 that was stock. Screws into the same slot and plugs in. I believe the cost is about 20usd or something.

I have an extra output HDMI module, but not input...

I don't know if Kingwa can wire it for u12 or not. When I tried to ask him to do it.... Well... All was lost in translation. And after a dozen emails I gave up.

You got mail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back