Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Sep 16, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #451 of 2,556
Anyone have experience with a full Audio-GD setup in addition to the Master 11? I've read things about how it is a departure from Audio-GD's smooth, warm sound. More resolving with more micro-detail and soundstage but without the standard thickness and warmth I've come to enjoy. Is that true? Would I be better off with a DAC-19 + NFB-1AMP if I want the more musical delivery?

Who did you hear that from?
Very strange.
I've owned many audio-gd equip and including the dac19.
The Dac-19 is very similar sound to the master11.
The soundstage is slightly better imho with the master11. But if you want to go as far as to say it doesn't sound almost the same. You have drank too much koolade. The master 11 is amazing as has the audio-gd smooth musical delivery you speak of. If you have heard the dac19 and c2 11th or nfb1amp, you will be even slightly happier with the master11's delivery. Nothing short of euphonic sound that is very musical.

Hmm. My fiancé also owns the 2015 model of nfb-28 and although it's good, it's like comparing white wine to red wine. It is a preference. But would call the dac19 and master 11 to be like red wine. Rich, smooth and full of flavor. I don't like white wine so I don't know how to describe or why I use this as a metaphor. But somebody likes white wine! I will drink it! The nfb-28 is great for a delta sigma Dac. But my master11 I can listen to 8+ hours straight and no fatigue. It pairs beautifully with any headphones I've used and IEM's. For you to even think it sways away from the audio-gd house sound? That shocks me to have heard that. And to whom you have heard that from.

I've heard the Yggdrasil and prefer the master11 over it. Personally I don't like the forward and aggressive schiit house sound. It's less musical and more fatiguing. Albeit the Yggdrasil isn't bad by any means, it's even brilliant but the m11 is better in my opinion. And the output of the m11 is basically the dac19's sound in a pinch but slightly improved with 4 pcm1704uk's instead of 2. To reiterate, I have owned the dac19 and familiar with its lush smooth and detailed sound. The master11 improves on that slightly, but no way does it sound different or like you said without the thickness and warmth.

So, if your gear is SE go with a dac19 and c2 11th. And if you have balanced, go with the master11

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #452 of 2,556
Was anyone's tracking stuck on 'Shipment Information Received' for a while? Shipping via DHL.

This anticipation is killing me, heh.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #453 of 2,556
Was anyone's tracking stuck on 'Shipment Information Received' for a while? Shipping via DHL.

DHL tracking isn't that great. Mine took 4 days to get to Toronto after getting the waybill number. Haven't picked it up though, missed the delivery today probably gonna pick it up tomorrow.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #454 of 2,556

DHL tracking isn't that great. Mine took 4 days to get to Toronto after getting the waybill number. Haven't picked it up though, missed the delivery today probably gonna pick it up tomorrow.

Could you paste what your DHL tracking details looked like? I was thinking that the package should at least show as picked up by DHL but maybe they just haven't updated it. Also curious to see all the steps it goes through for customs.

I'm sure everything is fine and it is on its way but I'm always like this when waiting on a package lol :D

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #455 of 2,556
Estimated delivery is for Friday! Woohoo 
biggrin.gif

Hopefully it actually makes it here before the weekend, that'd be awesome.

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #456 of 2,556
My DHL ETA was spot on. I didn't think it possible as it took customs a while to update. You can check both the Hong Kong DHL website and your local DHL website. Sometimes one has quicker updated information.

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #457 of 2,556
And the SE output of the m11 is basically the dac19's sound in a pinch. It's using two pcm1704uk's when in SE. To reiterate, I have owned the dac19 and familiar with its lush smooth and detailed sound. The master11 improves on that slightly, but no way does it sound different or like you said without the thickness and warmth.

bimmer100: Are you sure about that? From what I have heard from Mr. Kingwa it seems that Master 11 is kinda like Reference 10.32 on steroids. And Reference 10.32 when used with SE headphones or via RCA SE uses all 4 PCM1704UKs.

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #458 of 2,556
bimmer100: Are you sure about that? From what I have heard from Mr. Kingwa it seems that Master 11 is kinda like Reference 10.32 on steroids. And Reference 10.32 when used with SE headphones or via RCA SE uses all 4 PCM1704UKs.

Well i will verify with Kingwa. I was told this information from someone here on headfi that surely seems to know what he is talking about and I took him on his word. But it would be interesting to find this information out. I'll shoot Kingwa an email now.

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #459 of 2,556
yeah DHL is pretty fast. Mine is just sitting at the pickup location from yesterday, unfortunately no time to pick up before tomorrow afternoon, sigh! 

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #460 of 2,556
The anticipation is absolutely killer. I remember when I got mine. Fortunately I had it shipped to my work so I didn't have to deal with picking it up an hour drive to Seattle with traffic at dhl head quarters. The first three times I ordered an audio-gd product they shipped all dhl and had to do this wonderful commute to Seattle. Never again. I didn't even think to ship it to my work. The problem was staying focused at work while a huge box was sitting next to my desk and saying "open me, listen to me... I know you want to leave work early and do it!"
Hmm, and I did. Haha

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #461 of 2,556
lol fortunately my pickup location is just a 2 mins walk. I have Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, DHL everything within a few mins walk, but I always have to go through the process of one delivery attempt, failure, then pick up. Wish I could ship everything directly to the pickup locations lol.

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #462 of 2,556
lol fortunately my pickup location is just a 2 mins walk. I have Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, DHL everything within a few mins walk, but I always have to go through the process of one delivery attempt, failure, then pick up. Wish I could ship everything directly to the pickup locations lol.
Bring a luggage cart.

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #463 of 2,556
OK, calling all Audio-GD Master 11 experts.

Anything I need to be aware of before I email the $$ via PayPal?

Master 11 with +6dB in case I go for 'harder to drive' cans at a later date?

This will be used primarily on and end-table wired to a laptop via USB and balanced headphone cable for streaming Lossless FLAC over the internets.

Overkill?

Finding the OPPO HA-1 with it's ESS 9018 DAC chip a bit hard, edgy and irritating even driving HD-600.

I'm a vinyl guy at heart, and find words like 'resolving' and 'detailed' is usually audiophile-speak for 'bright' and Ivan don't do bright!!  :wink:

Am I on the right track here?

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #464 of 2,556
  OK, calling all Audio-GD Master 11 experts.

Anything I need to be aware of before I email the $$ via PayPal?

Master 11 with +6dB in case I go for 'harder to drive' cans at a later date?

This will be used primarily on and end-table wired to a laptop via USB and balanced headphone cable for streaming Lossless FLAC over the internets.

Overkill?

Finding the OPPO HA-1 with it's ESS 9018 DAC chip a bit hard, edgy and irritating even driving HD-600.

I'm a vinyl guy at heart, and find words like 'resolving' and 'detailed' is usually audiophile-speak for 'bright' and Ivan don't do bright!!  :wink:

Am I on the right track here?

You're on the right track! the search for analog sound is definitely delivered with the master11.

Also not that there is an option to order the Display to go dark after 7 sec. shows one dash when in "dark" mode. i personally hate bright lights, albeit the leds are not that bright, still too much light in a dark room. Most audio-gd stuff can be ordered. they flash the MCU with that feature. It doesn't show up in the options for the Master11 but it can be ordered.

I also have the +6db option which I installed myself after the fact. was around 90bucks! so best order it now!

also consider the RJ45 to HDMI I2S option if you want to upgrade to an external high performance DDC...the OR6 is in beta stages...said to use the xmos IC, and I wonder if it will be the new 16core Xmos. anyhow, RJ45 isn't as common as HDMI or ideal. But Audio-gd uses it's own pinout for I2S HDMI. I had my Gustard U12 modded with a new IC that corrected the Pinout for HDMI I2S. also new crystek clocks and 3300uF Panasonic Caps. Anyhow, you can always add the HDMI module later, but its cheaper to just order it now and not worry about it later if you want to try it out.

-T

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #465 of 2,556

also consider the RJ45 to HDMI I2S option if you want to upgrade to an external high performance DDC...the OR6 is in beta stages...said to use the xmos IC, and I wonder if it will be the new 16core Xmos. anyhow, RJ45 isn't as common as HDMI or ideal. But Audio-gd uses it's own pinout for I2S HDMI. I had my Gustard U12 modded with a new IC that corrected the Pinout for HDMI I2S. also new crystek clocks and 3300uF Panasonic Caps. Anyhow, you can always add the HDMI module later, but its cheaper to just order it now and not worry about it later if you want to try it out.

-T

Pretty sure I have no idea what a DDC or an OR6 are or exactly what I would be using the HDMI to I2S for in the future?

Any explanation appreciated.

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back