Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Oct 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #753 of 2,556
I shipped to Australia before, I shipped two identical packages at the same time, one took a week to get to the destination, the other took almost 3 weeks.

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #754 of 2,556
Customs in the US often takes several days. How long is normal there?

In Australia it is actually really good. At most 24 hours.

The only time they delay your package is when they deem the value to be over a $1000 aud. In that case they will ask for a Good and Services Tax..

I think it's likely theyre looking at the audio gd website to get an idea of the value... Just my bad luck I guess lol

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #755 of 2,556

I'm sticking to USB. using internal Elfidelity USB card with 5V linear power supply (TeraDak)

I am curious to know which one of their cards you are using and where you purchased it from?

Is it this device?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elfidelity-USB-Power-Source-PC-HiFi-Internal-USB-Power-Filter-Audio-DIY-USA-SHIP-/261887332510?hash=item3cf9b3909e:g:epYAAOSwwbdWJ-t3

...and the which TeraDak P/S ?

thanks....

P.S.  Receiving a few of these today:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elfidelity-FAN-Power-Noise-Filter-4-Pin-for-PC-Isolation-HiFi-Power-Purification-/251959411317?hash=item3aa9f38275:g:QekAAOSwNSxVFP8c

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #756 of 2,556
Found something interesting. I have the Oppo HA2 as portable and office use DAC/Amp. You have to install drivers for it too (uses ASIO I assume?). So with this one, I have the same one second delay issue for the very first track. So this might just be a windows-wide issue instead of audio-gd specific. 

Again, don't want to scare potential buyers away. ONLY the first second of the first track is cut off when you start playback. So absolutely a non-issue for gapless playback etc. 

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #757 of 2,556
Found something interesting. I have the Oppo HA2 as portable and office use DAC/Amp. You have to install drivers for it too (uses ASIO I assume?). So with this one, I have the same one second delay issue for the very first track. So this might just be a windows-wide issue instead of audio-gd specific. 

Again, don't want to scare potential buyers away. ONLY the first second of the first track is cut off when you start playback. So absolutely a non-issue for gapless playback etc. 

You're correct in saying it's not an audio-gd issue. It's a general hardware synchronization issue for higher performance USB devices. From what I recall reading from other sources was that the crystal clocks sometimes take a moment to warm up and lock in the freq. I would like to know what crystal oscillators are used in the oppo ha2. Anyhow, I've heard of this issue many times with USB devices and jriver has the only fix I'm aware of that side steps he problem on a logical way. The 1sec delay for hardware synchronization fixes the initial startup "glitch" you hear in the sound. Thankfully it's not a "pop" noise and only a gap in the sound for all but 1/2sec on startup. If you were picky you could edit the Windows startup sound and add a 1sec silent gap to the intro of the wave file and prevent that stutter from happening. That's easy enough!
But again, I just choose a different source for my startup sound, my vanatoo's. But my modded gustard u12 doesn't have this issue so I use that for the m11 mostly anyhow.

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #762 of 2,556
Nah

Unfortunately I'm at work...... Can't wait to get home and have a listening session.

Ahhh, the agony of waiting to go home... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #764 of 2,556
Well at least I'll have the rest of the weekend to listen to it. :)

And that's the exciting part after a week's work...

Enjoy mate!

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #765 of 2,556
I'm having a vicarious thrill reading the last few posts. When I first plugged mine in I was relieved it sounded good but was not blown away. This was with my now trusty hd800's. I left m11 powered up and went to dinner for a hour or two and came back and listened to the same music. Whoa Nellie Bell! Now I was blown away. I can also say if you leave it on for 6 hours 'warming up' the sound just becomes glorious. Bigger soundstage, more detail, the usual. Please let us know your,first impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back