Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
May 3, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #2,431 of 2,556
So I'm considering the NOSv2 upgrade (by Magna Hifi) for my Master11, I listen jazz and classical mainly. primary use with Marantz PM11S2 amp and Harbeth SHL5 speakers.. I am expecting improvements especially for solo piano recordings (classical), Jazz (trios, sax) and chamber music..
I am using Nos11 v2 but I haven't tried M11 v7 yet. I like classical, especially piano, perform on my Nos11, the sound is beautiful.

May 5, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #2,433 of 2,556
I ended up getting a Master 9 since there was a good deal one a pre-owned unit on the classified. Couldn't be happier! For my source, I ended up going non-AGD.
You should try Holo Spring level 1, it's the best p/p separated DAC.

May 6, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #2,434 of 2,556
That would be a great combo I reckon.

May 12, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #2,435 of 2,556
Just got my Master 11 back from Magna, now NOS11 V2 :-D

Gonna be a long evening, any noticeable changes in sound over time/burn in?

I'll post my impressions

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #2,436 of 2,556
Just got my Master 11 back from Magna, now NOS11 V2 :-D

Gonna be a long evening, any noticeable changes in sound over time/burn in?

I'll post my impressions
How do you feel ? :D

May 23, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #2,437 of 2,556
How do you feel ? :D

I am very impressed, the difference is not subtle.. it does sound more natural/analogue..bit more details..also I fell in love with my Harbeth speakers again :)

I am very glad I went for the upgrade (great and fast service from Jos from Magna Hifi)..I liked my Master 11 a lot with default 8X oversampling, now my NOS11 V2 feels like end game to me, I'm totally happy..

All that rests is a new turntable hehe :D

May 23, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,438 of 2,556
I am very impressed, the difference is not subtle.. it does sound more natural/analogue..bit more details..also I fell in love with my Harbeth speakers again :)

I am very glad I went for the upgrade (great and fast service from Jos from Magna Hifi)..I liked my Master 11 a lot with default 8X oversampling, now my NOS11 V2 feels like end game to me, I'm totally happy..

All that rests is a new turntable hehe :D
Do you use ISO Regen or Intona Industrial fed Singxer Su-1, or music server ? I tried Intona Industrial fed Singxer Su-1 from PC and feel the sound better. I am considering between iGalvanic 3.0 and ISO Regen, I should wait to see both feedback.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #2,441 of 2,556
Hello all, I'm new to audio, great information around here, i'm going to be the Master 11 ( Singularity ) owner very soon.

any good headphone to recommend, my budget is $1 to 3k, looking forward to hear your advises!

Thank You!

Jul 2, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #2,442 of 2,556
Hello,

Your Master-11(Singularity)had shipped, we will send the track number to you once we have confirm with Hongkong DHL.

cleardot.gif

Jul 2, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #2,443 of 2,556
Hello all, I'm new to audio, great information around here, i'm going to be the Master 11 ( Singularity ) owner very soon.

any good headphone to recommend, my budget is $1 to 3k, looking forward to hear your advises!

Thank You!

With you budget you can get a really good headphone and Master-11 have lots of power so can drive all headphones.

Which to choose depends on what kind of sound you are looking for. Some headphones are smoother and more laid back sounding, others are have more clarity and energy in the treble, some headphones are more bass heavy, some have bigger soundstage, some warmer, others less etc etc.

The difference in tonality and sound signature between headphones are significant so take your time and listen to some to get a felling for the pros and cons of some of the well-known ones.

I would start with Sennheiser hd650 and compare it to Sennheiser hd800. Those HPs are common and most Hifi shops have them. Depending on which one you like we can proceed with more headphones to try. I personally like planar HP's from Hifiman and Audeze. They have HP's in different prices and with diverse sound signature to choose from, so if possible also compare for example an Audeze LCD3 to a Sennheiser hd800 and see what you think.

Jul 6, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #2,444 of 2,556
With you budget you can get a really good headphone and Master-11 have lots of power so can drive all headphones.

Which to choose depends on what kind of sound you are looking for. Some headphones are smoother and more laid back sounding, others are have more clarity and energy in the treble, some headphones are more bass heavy, some have bigger soundstage, some warmer, others less etc etc.

The difference in tonality and sound signature between headphones are significant so take your time and listen to some to get a felling for the pros and cons of some of the well-known ones.

I would start with Sennheiser hd650 and compare it to Sennheiser hd800. Those HPs are common and most Hifi shops have them. Depending on which one you like we can proceed with more headphones to try. I personally like planar HP's from Hifiman and Audeze. They have HP's in different prices and with diverse sound signature to choose from, so if possible also compare for example an Audeze LCD3 to a Sennheiser hd800 and see what you think.
Thank you Articnoise, just bought Sennheiser HD 800 S last Night. My Master 11 would be arrive tomorrow.

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #2,445 of 2,556
Thank you Articnoise, just bought Sennheiser HD 800 S last Night. My Master 11 would be arrive tomorrow.

Congrats, HD 800S is my favorite non-planar headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back