Audio-gd HE-9 MK2
Sep 23, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #154 of 168
Hi Guys,

I have 220-230V AGD he9 mk2 HPA/preamp in the classifieds if anybody is interested. In pristine condition and i changed the screws to gold for just the more luxurious looks but can put the black screws back in. Will ship anywhere. I love the sound to bits, just too large for my new listening space. Had to give up my previous office room for my kids study room. need a more compact rig now. PM me if interested.

Thanks

Sep 24, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #155 of 168
No sense of priorities! Let the kids rent their own apartment :p

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #157 of 168
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #158 of 168
Anyone compare he9 mk2 to the lux p750u or any lux amp ?

Nov 7, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #160 of 168
WHen people say the HE-9 or HE-1 need 1000 hours burn in- does that meant with signal running through- or just powered on?

Also- I bet by turning off the unit for two hours a day and running it 22 hours- it will burn in faster because the coolong and rewarming on a daily basis will haquicken the process.

Nov 7, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #161 of 168
WHen people say the HE-9 or HE-1 need 1000 hours burn in- does that meant with signal running through- or just powered on?

Also- I bet by turning off the unit for two hours a day and running it 22 hours- it will burn in faster because the coolong and rewarming on a daily basis will haquicken the process.
Yeah. It is good to do a few cool down/heat-up cycles. The amp being on could be sufficient, but i played music myself. Both on the hp out and the pre out in alternance. These are two separate circuits with the mkii while the same final stage performed both function in the mki. The gain stages are still common.

Staging takes a while to fully develop. 1000h (so 700 on top of the factory burn-in) gets you to 99%. The last one percent takes 3 months.

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #162 of 168
I got a HE-1 MK3 recently. I also have a HE-1 tube preamp.

As preamps- these are just at the very very top. Both of them easily outdue the benchmark LA-4- which is much more expensive and highly praised.

The LA-4 is touted as the most transparent active preamp in the world. Well- the HE-1 MK3 is noticably more transparent, and clean, and detailed, and smooth, and analogue at close to half the price. Also- it has heft- not thin or clinical or sterile at all. As musical as I have ever heard. It's not even close. The HE-1 tube has a slightly fuller and darker tube heft; less detail, less clean than the HE-1 MK3 but still stunningly clean sound for a tube amp. The tube bloat is so well controlled and so natural. Not mushy at all, just not as clean as the HE-1 MK3.

Both preamps are superb. the very very best. I cannot decide which is preferable as both are so smooth, so full sounding, detailed, musical.......

This is the best there is..........

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #163 of 168
I got a HE-1 MK3 recently. I also have a HE-1 tube preamp.

As preamps- these are just at the very very top. Both of them easily outdue the benchmark LA-4- which is much more expensive and highly praised.

The LA-4 is touted as the most transparent active preamp in the world. Well- the HE-1 MK3 is noticably more transparent, and clean, and detailed, and smooth, and analogue at close to half the price. Also- it has heft- not thin or clinical or sterile at all. As musical as I have ever heard. It's not even close. The HE-1 tube has a slightly fuller and darker tube heft; less detail, less clean than the HE-1 MK3 but still stunningly clean sound for a tube amp. The tube bloat is so well controlled and so natural. Not mushy at all, just not as clean as the HE-1 MK3.

Both preamps are superb. the very very best. I cannot decide which is preferable as both are so smooth, so full sounding, detailed, musical.......

This is the best there is..........
Indeed.. I am amazed that Kingwa could come up with such an upgrade. The new layout is the reason.

Kudos to him. Let the world know!

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #164 of 168
For those with a very full sounding dac- like the R-7HE--- I do recommend the HE-1 MK3. The tube HE-1 will be too thick sounding IMHO. Especially if you are using a good external clock which thickens things up quite a bit. Although I heard that direct USB connection to the HE audio-gd dacs (not via DI-20HE) give a colder sound- and perhaps the HE-1 tube may work in that circumstance.

For those with a more zippy dac- ESS types- usually- the Tube may be a superb match.... Just my two cents....

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #165 of 168
Does anyone have experience comparing an HE 9 (any variation), to a Master 19?
I have the 19 and love it but I want to know the difference in sound quality and would it be worth making the upgrade.

Oh, and I'm wondering if I even need the regenerative power supply models because I have balanced power going to all of my components via my Core Power Technologies 1200.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back