Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Mar 20, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #346 of 471
What is direct x12?
not important for you....gaming :sweat_smile: It is the closest Server to Windows 10 experience. Very responsive and transparent sound. Snappy for days!

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #347 of 471
I spoke to channel of audio-gs about th fw update apparently, the sound quality improvement is just
Question:

Will the DI-24 allow a PC to sound as good as a dedicated streamer?

The "dedicated Streamer VS PC" issue is often on my mind. I have a fanless PC powered by a ultra low noise linear PS and optmized for audio to the degree possible by eliminating everythng running in the background not related to audio--- but many still say a dedicated streamer will be better.

But I think if I had a dedicated streamer- then the DI-24 would be unnecessary as many of them already have HDMI output which is isolated.

So I guess my question is can a PC with DI-24HE be as good as something like a Eversolo DMP a8?- a reasonably priced highly rated streamer?

Has anyone done comparisons of dedicated streamers to PC with DI-24HE?
I did go though a streamer upgrade with the di20he. It made a difference. I got the cheap ustars u19 with clock input to replace the usbridge sig. I found that a synchronized streamer gave a real sound upgrade. I am sure it would as well with the di24he. It's icing on top. You should have real good sound with your current pc, especially with a top Audio-gd dac. The di24he will work best with an asynch dac from what i understand. Nobody I know of tried it on a synchronous dac, so I could be wrong about this.

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #348 of 471
I did go though a streamer upgrade with the di20he. It made a difference. I got the cheap ustars u19 with clock input to replace the usbridge sig. I found that a synchronized streamer gave a real sound upgrade. I am sure it would as well with the di24he. It's icing on top. You should have real good sound with your current pc, especially with a top Audio-gd dac. The di24he will work best with an asynch dac from what i understand. Nobody I know of tried it on a synchronous dac, so I could be wrong about this.
ustars u19= Gustard U18 ??

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #349 of 471
ustars u19= Gustard U18 ??
No it's raspberry pi (cm4) based-streamer you can buy on aliexpress. There is one version with built-in ocxo and another one that has a 10Mhz clock input. With the latter, you absolutely need a master clock. They both need an external 6v psu. I use a Zerozone Leo PSU with it.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #350 of 471
No it's raspberry pi (cm4) based-streamer you can buy on aliexpress. There is one version with built-in ocxo and another one that has a 10Mhz clock input. With the latter, you absolutely need a master clock. They both need an external 6v psu. I use a Zerozone Leo PSU with it.
Make and model of streamer please. Clock input intrigues me of pi based streamer

Mar 21, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #352 of 471
Question:

Will the DI-24 allow a PC to sound as good as a dedicated streamer?

The "dedicated Streamer VS PC" issue is often on my mind. I have a fanless PC powered by a ultra low noise linear PS and optmized for audio to the degree possible by eliminating everythng running in the background not related to audio--- but many still say a dedicated streamer will be better.

But I think if I had a dedicated streamer- then the DI-24 would be unnecessary as many of them already have HDMI output which is isolated.

So I guess my question is can a PC with DI-24HE be as good as something like a Eversolo DMP a8?- a reasonably priced highly rated streamer?

Has anyone done comparisons of dedicated streamers to PC with DI-24HE?
Correction to what I said earlier.

Actually me and couple of friends did this test with R8HEmk2 with/out DI20HE. Fully custom streamer.

We were divided even though the majority liked it without DI20HE.

We noticed that R8HEMK2 on OS8 were very good on its own. Pairing with DI20HE, the OS8 filter made it sound very weird.

Switcing to R8|NO1 with DI20HE, we noticed a more concentrated/density instrument representation, whereas the R8(solo) were a little bigger/loose in instrument placement.

Looking back at the test it was a discussion about preference, however I do like what DI20HE does with the density. More easy to digest and same time a more distinct instrument placement because of the concentration/density

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #353 of 471
Apart from the Grimm mu1 on my main system I just run Intel Nuc's with decent power supplies running Roon Rock as endpoints into DI24HE's into Audio-gd DACs and I am verry happy with the result. I do run the clock outputs from DI24 into Dac and Etherregen which made a noticable difference.

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #354 of 471
As we all know Kingwa is a very humble man. It is significant when the upgrade is called 24.1. It is a bigger difference than any of the firmwares on the DI20HE

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #356 of 471
has anyone tried?
How to select the coaxial input:

2nd digit on bottom was for select the 50 and 75 ohm clock input port, after update the firmware , the feature change as below :
Select "5" indicates the USB input, "7" indicates the coaxial input.

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #359 of 471
it was shipped today with spdif upgrade from netherlands
Does this mean you have a 50 clock input next to the spdif?

How about the outputs of clocks. ACSS/SPDIF and 50 clock out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back